The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Can I Depend On A Girly To Set The Temp Of My Shower Correctly ?  (Read 6389 times)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
Dearest Showerologists, *sheepy bounces into forum* Hoppy Saturday to ewe !

As a sheepy, I of course luff showers...my annual shower is one of great joy and importance. Showers are my all time favourite sprinkly watery spray things that connect to bathroom walls....out of all the things that do this...showers are my fave !

Check out  Gemima Transgression Pumice Stone The Third.

Gemima Checking Each Water Droplet For Faults Earlier

Nice eh ?...her twin Veronica , being delivered next Tuesday.

*le sigh*....Gemima's role is to check each water drop for faults and to set the water at the right temperature for me...but...I have recently discovered...that girlies actually prefer hotter showers than blokeys !...I am aghast here !!  This means that Gemima can not be trusted to set my shower at the right temperature !!

Why's that then ?..why do girlies prefer hotter showers ?...what other things differ ?..what about taste ?..Gemima tastes my food for me too ...are there are ' sensory' differences between girlies and boisies ?

I daren't have another shower until I know the answer .....

Can ewe help ?.....ewe see..I just don't know !!

Hugs & Shmishes

mwah mwah mwah mwah

Neil
Ti's important I know this fact to discover
Why Gemima perceives a difference in shower
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
« Last Edit: 12/09/2009 11:47:13 by neilep »

Offline Variola

• Neilep Level Member
  • Everyone should beware of The Pox...
    • View Profile
Dearest Sheepy,

I have noticed that as a girly, I prefer cooler showers than men, but baths hotter. I have no real idea why, other than something testicular-related perhaps and their need to keep cool.
In my experience men do like their showers hotter, I suspect your natural female side is coming out more whilst showering, and thus your urge to have the shower cooler.

And ugh@thought of wet wool....which for me is teeth-edge setting!

Offline Don_1

• Neilep Level Member
  • A stupid comment for every occasion.
    • View Profile
    • Knight Light Haulage
If I jump under the shower straight after 'er indoors, I need an asbestos cloak on. She has it hot enough to strip the skin off my bones. If I jump in the bath (US = tub) straight after her (same water) its hot enough to make Don_1 soup!

If I get in the bath at the same time as 'er indoors, the water gets out!

I think our resident Ovis Aries is right on the button. But as to the question why, I really don't know, but I would be quite willing to investigate on your behalf, sheepy.

Obviously I shall require some assistance in this, so if you would send Gemima Transgression Pumice Stone The Third around on the next bus, I will commence forthwith and fifthwith as well.

I'll just bundle 'er indoors off to visit someone for the weekend......... Now where did I put my sou-wester & other kinky paraphernalia??

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Dearest Sheepy,

I have noticed that as a girly, I prefer cooler showers than men, but baths hotter. I have no real idea why, other than something testicular-related perhaps and their need to keep cool.
In my experience men do like their showers hotter, I suspect your natural female side is coming out more whilst showering, and thus your urge to have the shower cooler.

And ugh@thought of wet wool....which for me is teeth-edge setting!

Ewe need to keep your bollocks kewl in the shower ?   ;) With me and my female side and ewe with your testicular side...there could be a paper in this !

Thank Ewe Variola for your collaborative observation..I agree with ewe about wet wool...which is...I shave it all off before showering.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
If I jump under the shower straight after 'er indoors, I need an asbestos cloak on. She has it hot enough to strip the skin off my bones. If I jump in the bath (US = tub) straight after her (same water) its hot enough to make Don_1 soup!

I think our resident Ovis Aries is right on the button. But as to the question why, I really don't know, but I would be quite willing to investigate on your behalf, sheepy.

Obviously I shall require some assistance in this, so if you would send Gemima Transgression Pumice Stone The Third around on the next bus, I will commence forthwith and fifthwith as well.

I'll just bundle 'er indoors off to visit someone for the weekend......... Now where did I put my sou-wester & other kinky paraphernalia??

Thank Ewe Don1. This is indeed in need of further investigation and I welcome your kind offer to participate in some field research of an empirical nature.

Unfortunately Gemima is not available today as she is counting the grains of sand in my sand-timer..however...Herbert..her bro is on his way to ewe instead !1

Herbert Waiting For The Bus.
Herbert Luffs Kinky Paraphenalia !

Offline Don_1

• Neilep Level Member
  • A stupid comment for every occasion.
    • View Profile
    • Knight Light Haulage
AGHHhhhhh!!! I have suddenly got the urge to join 'er indoors for a weekend away somewhere, anywhere......... Wait for me dearest I'm right behind you!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Oh go On Don...Herbert will be moist upset !..he's so happy right now !  ;)

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile

Thank Ewe Don1. This is indeed in need of further investigation and I welcome your kind offer to participate in some field research of an empirical nature.

Unfortunately Gemima is not available today as she is counting the grains of sand in my sand-timer..however...Herbert..her bro is on his way to ewe instead !1

OH Herbert// welcome back...Its been awhile.. Sheepy where have you had Herbert stashed for so long!

BY the way.. The only men I have ever known well enough have always preferred colder showers then I. I always cook them out! LOL I freeze in what they adore as perfect as far as temperature! My baths are pretty hot, but cooler can be nice to depending on the company in the tub!

Offline Variola

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Other odd male/female things I have noticed:

When I am ill, my skin hurts, on the back of my neck and shoulders. Other women get this, the men I have spoken too look baffled and wonder how skin can hurt!

I can smell snow when it is still in the clouds, no I am no a psychic meteorologist, I know when it will snow because there is a certain smell in the air. Again other women I have spoken to can smell the imminent snow, men cannot.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile

OH Herbert// welcome back...Its been awhile.. Sheepy where have you had Herbert stashed for so long!

BY the way.. The only men I have ever known well enough have always preferred colder showers then I. I always cook them out! LOL I freeze in what they adore as perfect as far as temperature! My baths are pretty hot, but cooler can be nice to depending on the company in the tub!

Thank ewe mam...Herbertr is pleased to see ewe too !..ewe can tell he's smiling with all his cheeks!

It's refreshing to know that it is borne true that ewe also prefer things hotter than us blokes !..

hot stuff !!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Yes I have had my skin hurt also.. I always thought it was a fever.. but then I noticed if I go over my daily shower and my hair is not washed every morning say I have to delay my morning shower until evening.. my skin on my head begins to hurt and be sensitive.. I often wonder if it is toxins that our body tries to excrete or perhaps the pores become clogged and cause it to be achy skin...
So I feel like its when my hair is dirty even if its normla wash is but a few hours over due!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Other odd male/female things I have noticed:

When I am ill, my skin hurts, on the back of my neck and shoulders. Other women get this, the men I have spoken too look baffled and wonder how skin can hurt!

I can smell snow when it is still in the clouds, no I am no a psychic meteorologist, I know when it will snow because there is a certain smell in the air. Again other women I have spoken to can smell the imminent snow, men cannot.

WOW !!

This is fantastic Variola. I want to smell snow too. I will have to see what parts of my body ache when I am ill also to see if us blokes share a common ache !!

The smelling snow is fascinating !...what does it smell of ?...and *sheepy remembers that Variola is a girly* are ewe sure you're just not smelling talcum powder ?..I once heard that girlys thought talcum powder is clouds in a bottle ! ::)

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile

Thank ewe mam...Herbertr is pleased to see ewe too !..ewe can tell he's smiling with all his cheeks!

It's refreshing to know that it is borne true that ewe also prefer things hotter than us blokes !..

hot stuff !!

LOL..Hot Stuff indeedy... LOL...I am glad to see herberts smiling face!!! LOL...

Cold water has a shivering aspect to it.. although after a hot soak in a hot tub the cool water feels refreshing to jump into!

Offline Variola

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
WOW !!

This is fantastic Variola. I want to smell snow too. I will have to see what parts of my body ache when I am ill also to see if us blokes share a common ache !!

The smelling snow is fascinating !...what does it smell of ?...and *sheepy remembers that Variola is a girly* are ewe sure you're just not smelling talcum powder ?..I once heard that girlys thought talcum powder is clouds in a bottle !

Lol it has to be a specific skin hurt to qualify,usually a viral infection causing it. I often get it with  cold etc The skin on the back on my neck and my shoulders hurts, it feels really sensitive and sore, but men never seem to get it only women.

Hmmmm I can't describe what pre-snow smell smells like.... but it's not talc! Women tend to have a better sense of smell than a man's, which is why men often pay out stupid money for a designer aftershave than smells like toilet duck!
So that could be the reason why women can smell snow in the air and men can't.

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
... are there are ' sensory' differences between girlies and boisies ?

Tetrachromacy

Normally, people have three types of cone cells for daylight, for detecting different colors. But some women can see extra colors as they have four types of cone cell receptors. They are called tetrachromats. Compared to them, we all are color blind.

The first tetrachromat woman was discovered by researchers at Cambridge University in 1993. This is perhaps the most remarkable human mutation ever detected. The fact that all tetrachromats are female intrigued scientists. Now two scientists, working separately, want to investigate systematically for tetrachromats to clarify more about their existence and how they detect colors.
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Half-of-the-Women-See-More-Colors-than-the-Rest-of-the-People-58351.shtml
« Last Edit: 12/09/2009 19:48:37 by RD »

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Percentage-wise women are fatter than men, so are better insulated.

Essential fat is that amount of fat necessary for maintenance of life and reproductive functions. The percentage for women is greater than that for men, due to the demands of childbearing and other hormonal functions. Essential fat is 25% in men, and 1013% in women.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_fat_percentage

[Although the benefit of this extra insulation will be offset somewhat by their smaller size and consequently higher surface-area to volume ratio].
« Last Edit: 15/09/2009 17:38:55 by RD »

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
girlies sleep more than bois too !

they are so lazy !

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile

they are so lazy !

I draw a blank on this one.  Can anyone add to this?  Stereotypically, women are portrayed as complaining more about fatigue (see my above reference to less tolerance to pain and stress), and men are portrayed as coming home and flopping and also as spending the weekend stretched out on the couch, instead of mowing, chores etc.  Maybe I'm thinking of teenagers who have sleep cycles all their own.

It was on the radio this morning !..so it must be true !

Offline glovesforfoxes

• Matthew 6:21
    • View Profile
[Although the benefit of this extra insulation will be offset somewhat by their smaller size and consequently higher surface-area to volume ratio].

isn't that a possible reason why women are smaller? the insulation only remains a benefit as long as they aren't overheating.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile

they are so lazy !

I think that has to do with child bearing and rearing as well as other monthly menstrual cycles etc that really put a kibosh on most of us women at that time of the month. I was always wiped out during my period! Thats when I used to sleep the most!

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums