The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Has history been marked by belief in astrology?  (Read 2224 times)

Offline condor

• First timers
    • View Profile
Has history been marked by belief in astrology?
« on: 13/09/2009 13:04:04 »
I have studied beliefs for much of my life, i do not believe in astrology but find the beliefs associated with it fascinating!

There seems to be beliefs associated with Sirius and Alnilam (Belt of Orion) that have been brought forward in religion from ancient times and still crop up with dates in the 21st century, therefore i feel by looking at odds of chance, that these dates have been chosen by intention.

One of the most ancient forms of astrology is marking the day of the event with a star! But there is 3 times of the day that are used, being Midnight, Modern application on the start of the day that came about by the emerging "Clock". Sunrise used by the Ancient Egyptians and Classical Rome, and sunset used by the ancient Greeks, plus modern Israel as the start of the day.

From these three points Sirius or the Belt of Orion and Alnilam can crop up in beliefs at the four points of the compass, meaning that thoughout history you will find that if for example the Sun is rising at a location, you will find Sirius or Alnilam rising, or one of these stars are culminating, straight up from South, (North when we look at a location, say in Australia, Setting by the star setting in the West, Or the star being on the Nadir/North or South depending on the location, please note that a straight line must be applied to these directions when looking at a location either up or down by astronomy programme.

These points are highly valued by astrologers, being called the Cardinal points, i'm only stating facts, so don't confuse me with someone that has this belief, i'm only looking at odds of chance that dates in history have an astrology based belief link attached.

Lets look at something that is dark to start with regarding beliefs.

Around 80% of all hijacked and bombed aircrafts have this profile since 1970, obviously there are a few that dont have that profile, lets look:-

Please note that astrology uses a margin of four minutes of time each way, being 1 degree margin, and aircrafts are either marked by location where they came from, or are going to!

Gulf Air flight 771, was a flight from Karachi, Pakistan, to Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, this was marked by where the aircraft was going to, being Abu Dhabi at midnight on 23rd September 1983, 24*N28', 54*E22', where you will find Alnilam just rising in the East within four minutes.

newbielink: [nonactive]

Lufthansa flight 181 featured below:-

This aircraft came from Palma de Mallorca, Spain, 39*N34', 02*E39' on 13th October 1977....this was marked at sunset on the 12th Oct. 1977 at location, being 18:10:45pm, please look at the Nadir/North on astronomy programme, and effect a straight line down, you will find it passes through Sirius within 4 minutes!

TWA Flight 840 came from Rome and is marked at Rome, 41*N54', 12*E29', at midnight on 2nd April 1986, where you will find Alnilam, Belt of Orion setting in the West within four minutes of time.  Details below:-

newbielink: [nonactive]))

The Lod Aircraft Massacre happened very near Tel Aviv, on 30th May 1972, 32*N04', 34*E46',...on actual date at sunset being 18:36:43pm, we find Alnilam, Belt of Orion setting in the West within four minutes margin.

Philippines Airlines Flght 434, that Ramzi Yousef was involved with, date- December 11th 1994, marked at Manila, Philippines, 14*N35', 121*E00', at sunrise being 06:14:12am, while Alnilam was setting in the West within four minutes.

UTA Flight 772, flight on the way to Paris, France on 19th September 1989, 48*N52', 02*E20', marked in Paris by sunrise being 07:37:41am, while Alnilam culminates, straight up from South roughly within four minutes margin!

Who knows who was using astrology with the Operation Entebbe?

This was "sorted" during the night of 3/4 July 1976, at Entebbe, Uganda, 00*N03'27", 32*E28'02", The Sun rose at location on 3rd July 1976 at 06:54:09am you will note Sirius is also rising!

Even when we look at Pan Am Flight 103, being Lockerbie, we find strange alignments that i feel are intentional, based on astrological beliefs.

We know that the bomb bag came from Malta, transferred at Frankfurt am Main, Germany 50*N07', 08*E41', to a flight to Heathrow, from there it exploded over Lockerbie, we don't know where the bomb was placed in the bag, however i would expect one of these airports to be marked on 21st Dec 1988, which is Frankfurt, at midnight with Alnilam, Belt of Orion Culminating, straight up from South within four minutes of time.

Who knows who was using Astrology with Air Flight 8969, the terrorist thought they were going to Paris, flight was sent to Marseille, France, 43*N18' 05*E24', people were rescued by military force on 26th Dec. 1994 at location, this location again seemed marked at midnight on date as Alnilam is culminating, straight up from South, within the four minute margin.

Lets look at the 2006 Transatlantic aircraft plot, the plotters recieved a very short message to "Go Now" around 9th August 2006, which is the date that police rounded up conspirators!

However this message needed a time period to impliment, so could the date be 13th August 2006, marked at Heathrow, London, that would have been the date of this thankfully intercepted crime?  Heathrow is 51*N28', 00*W27', on the 13th August 2006, the Sun rose at 05:49:39am, you will note Sirius is also rising!!

The 2001 shoe bomber was caught on 22nd Dec 2001 on the way to Miami, Florida Airport, from Paris.
Miami, Florida is 25*N47'16", 80*W13'27", and when you look at your astronomy programme, for Miami, at midnight on 22nd Dec. 2001, and look at the stars culminating, straight up from South, you will find that Alnilam is slightly off set from culminating, therefore leaves a puzzle.

However Richard Colvin Reid, had tried to board the same flight the day before, but had been refused permission to board!

So if you were to look at midnight on 21st December 2001, the intended date, we find Alnilam, Belt of Orion culminating in Miami!

I can show many dates in history aligned this way to the three starts of the day, i'm beginning to wonder if beliefs of this sort, have effected major events in history....i have a huge amount of research into beliefs of this sort, please use your astronomy programmes!

Please note that links may not give instant access, you may find you have to click on "Search for Lufthansa flight 181", being an example.

Offline J Rahman

• Truth is my passion, and my passion can lead me (and you too) to the Ultimate Truth... atleast I hope so!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #1 on: 02/10/2009 04:24:39 »
Astrology was nothing but an approach to astronomy by the ancient humans. But in the course of time, it got perverted from the right path influenced by the contemporary religious beliefs. Co-incidences might sometimes happen, but that doesnt mean an unheaded person can get a headache. It has nothing to do with the modern mode of thinking. As you know, much ado about nothing leads to absolute madness, I would suggest you to quit this topic and come with some more realistic ideas.

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02/10/2009 17:31:30 »
The statement "Astrology was nothing but an approach to astronomy by the ancient humans." is a statement that I doubt is true. "Perverted" is a modern judgment (it wasn't perverted when first used) and has nothing to do with the science behind the accomplishments. Using the logic above, in the future, beings will look back at our present day science and call our belief in Einstein's relativity a "superstition" and ascribe religious connotations to it.

From the earliest Babylonian and Vedic astrological systems of the second Millennium BCE, astrology and astronomy were the same thing. I personally do not think astrology is able to do much of anything, but since civilization and the first writing, astrology has been used to predict events and pick dates for events - as well as schedule seasonal celebrations and events.

The science behind this philosophy should be considered astounding for early peoples - buildings over 4,000 years old are constructed with solstices makers. Stonehenge is probably the most well know example and it supposed date of construction is about 2,500 BCE.

Whether for religious or predictive purposes, the science involved should be considered astounding for the tools then available. Any cultural judgments of our day should never be applied to systems other than our own. That is not science in my opinion -  it is cultural bias.

Offline Soul Surfer

• Neilep Level Member
  • keep banging the rocks together
    • View Profile
    • ian kimber's web workspace
« Reply #3 on: 02/10/2009 23:27:50 »
The anwer to condor's question is yes but the rest of the stuff he writes about is irrelevant rubbish

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #3 on: 02/10/2009 23:27:50 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums