The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: collective unconscious and the number 137  (Read 30101 times)

Offline J.Iuliano

• View Profile
collective unconscious and the number 137
« on: 13/09/2009 22:07:36 »
    A new book just came out called ,    " Deciphering the Cosmic Number "..The Strange Friendship of Wolfgang Pauli and Carl Jung " by Arthur I. Miller...28$ ,  275 pages...   this book is amazing and pretty much explains everything I have discovered in the last 18 years concerning the collective unconscious module of 37 and .891891891 as it relates to the mysticism of the Kabbala , Rosicrusians , Kepler , Newton , Eddington , Freud , Leahy's dream number 2808 , Dengler's name change  number 1069 , Van Halen's 5150 , John of Patmos ( 666 and 144 ) , Pythagoras , the Buddic number 108 , Fermat's Last Theroem modules, the Great pyramid, etc. and the fine-structure constant. It is the best book I have read yet on this subject. From the inside jacket cover :

" The extraordinary story of the psychoanalyst Carl Jung and the physicist Wolfgang Pauli and their struggle to quantify the unconscious."

Is there a number at the root of the universe ? A primal number that everything in the world hinges on ? Physicists , psychologists , and mystics throughout history  have pondered this question. Some have proposed three, as in the Trinity and the three dimensions: some have suggested four , as in the seasons, directions and number of limbs. Or is the answer " 137 ", which describes the fine-structure constant of the atom and also happens to be the sum of the Hebrew letters of the word " Kabbalah"......This expertly narrated, lavishly illustrated dual biography tells the story of these mavericks in search of the cosmic number--a quest that takes them deep into the works of medieval alchemists,dream interpretation, Johannes Kepler, and even the Chinese book of changes , the I Ching. It is a story that ranges across time and space , and illustrates the curious yet profound intersection of modern science with alchemy and mysticism......Arthur I. Miller is professor emeritus at University College London....

...this is a must read!!!     J.Iuliano

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 14/09/2009 00:05:40 »
Wow! And only $28 too. What a steal!

Offline Don_1

• Neilep Level Member
  • A stupid comment for every occasion.
    • View Profile
    • Knight Light Haulage
« Reply #2 on: 14/09/2009 08:58:49 »
I would have thought it should have been $137.00 ........ But what do I know???

Offline Nizzle

• Extropian by choice!
    • View Profile
    • Carnivorous Plants
« Reply #3 on: 14/09/2009 10:40:55 »
    Or is the answer " 137 ", which describes the fine-structure constant of the atom and also happens to be the sum of the Hebrew letters of the word " Kabbalah".

You failed!
according to wikipedia, the Fine structure constant is α = 7.297352570(5)×10−3 which happens to be the sum of the Hebrew letters of the word "shenanigans"!
« Last Edit: 14/09/2009 10:42:44 by Nizzle »

Offline J.Iuliano

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15/09/2009 03:27:49 »
 Hey , good news for the synapticly challenged fudge brains ( geezwad or whatever his name is ) , the book is now available in comic book form , color illustrations even , don't worry not too many big words ,and guess what  , no evil math , yahoo... now available  one time only for $1.37, and also as a bonus the latest , hot Britanny Spears video , get it now before they sell out, ( she's commando in this one ...yippee ) .....sorry got into the wrong forum on this one , the naked thing should have been a dead giveaway....My Bad  .....J.Iuliano

Offline Don_1

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Knight Light Haulage
« Reply #5 on: 15/09/2009 08:16:33 »
$1.37????? Hmmmm I wonder why!

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15/09/2009 08:28:01 »
Hey , good news for the synapticly challenged

Synapticly. Hmmm? I rather like the sound of that. Might be a lot of fun to get your synapses tickled.

As Ken Dodd put it - "Hello Missus. How tickled I am to see your synapses."
« Last Edit: 15/09/2009 08:30:43 by Geezer »

Offline Nizzle

• Extropian by choice!
    • View Profile
    • Carnivorous Plants
« Reply #7 on: 15/09/2009 08:59:55 »
Hey , good news for the synapticly challenged fudge brains ( geezwad or whatever his name is ) , the book is now available in comic book form , color illustrations even , don't worry not too many big words ,and guess what  , no evil math , yahoo... now available  one time only for $1.37, and also as a bonus the latest , hot Britanny Spears video , get it now before they sell out, ( she's commando in this one ...yippee ) .....sorry got into the wrong forum on this one , the naked thing should have been a dead giveaway....My Bad  .....J.Iuliano

So you call me synaptically (<- if you want to invent words, stick to the rules!) challenged because I'm right?
Well, I'm right about the fine-structure constant, maybe not about the fact that the sum is the hebrew "shenanigans". Might have been "bollocks".. can't remember..
« Last Edit: 15/09/2009 09:01:28 by Nizzle »

Offline J.Iuliano

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16/09/2009 03:56:51 »
Sorry , get your Gematrics correct . The Kabbalic gematric symbolism for Nizzle is  " buttocks " .... not         
" bollocks "...J.Iuliano

( 288 ^(2/Pi)) / 100  =  cos 137.036000986 (cosine in radians ).....a modern electrical phenomenon... 80 years old ...again sorry if you don't know what a radian is ( G-D government schools any how )

Kabbalic genesis number..." 288 sparks from broken vessels " .....approximately 4500 years old

2/Pi = the Giza plateau ,  Cheops  pyramid  ratio  ...height to base leg ...Cheops pyramid age ...unknown ...extremely ancient...rumors say  up to 10000 B.C. plus.... don't believe the politically correct official idiot from the Egyptian government, known to have changed by filing the measuring rods ( Els ) from ancient digs to fit his interpretation of the Egyptian cubit.

Offline Don_1

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Knight Light Haulage
« Reply #9 on: 16/09/2009 10:02:05 »
Cheops pyramid - built around 2589 - 2566 BC, not 10,000 years old.
Step pyramid - built around 2600 BC, oldest known pyramid.

The ancient Egyptians were, indeed, brilliant. How they built the pyramids to such exactitudes to celestial bodies, and the more modern Temple of Ramasses at Abu Simbel (1250BC) with such a fine attitude to the sun, is almost beyond belief.

But remember that these people also believed that Set (God of darkness & chaos) tricked his brother Osiris (God of the afterlife) into a golden sarcophagus, sealed it and floated it off down the Nile, so he could have Osiris's wife, their sister, Isis (Goddess of motherhood & fertility), instead of his current wife, also their sister, Nepthys.

Nepthys, (Goddess protector of the dead), finds Osiris and returns him to Isis. There is a battle between Set & Osiris. Osiris, weak from his internment, is killed by Set and cut into pieces, which he scatters thoughout the land. Nepthys collects the pieces and puts Osiris back together, minus his wedding tackle, which was cast into the Nile and eaten by a fish. This is why ancient Egyptians priests must not eat fish.

Once again Osiris and Isis are reunited and she becomes the mother of Horus (God of the sky & war).

To the ancient Egyptians, all this was as true as God, Allah, Moses, Jesus, Buddha and Mohamed are today to their respective religions.

So they may have been clever in some respects, but in others.......

All this '137' business is just nonsense, you are just continuing pagan beliefs.
« Last Edit: 16/09/2009 10:03:51 by Don_1 »

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17/09/2009 05:22:36 »
Does this interesting prime number have anything to do with sharpening razor blades? At one time it was possible to buy a cardboard pyramid device. You put your dull razor blades under it overnight and the pyramid concentrated certain forces overnight so that your blades were sharp the next day.

Does anyone happen to remember the ad. I'm on about?

Offline Don_1

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Knight Light Haulage
« Reply #11 on: 17/09/2009 07:38:46 »
I have a vague recollection of this. But 'vague' is the operative word here.

Look at this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_power

Also I found this:
Quote from: searchwarp.com
Sharpen razor blades: This sounds really strange, but it's true.

A dull razor blade is impregnated with water molecules. Now a pyramid creates a condition of microwave-dehydration (on non-living things), and removes the water from the steel. The moon cycles can affect results, as the moon cycles affect earth's magnetic field, and pyramid energy is related to magnetism (that's why you have to have the pyramid lined up to magnetic north.

The blade sharpens best when it is lined up east-west, and the pyramid north-south. The razor is put under the pyramid after each use. A cheap razor that lasts 5 good shaves will last 50 or more. I have heard reports of as high as 250 as well.

With the lunar cycles affecting the pyramid, sometimes one will get a poor shave one night. Don't end the experiment, it will pick up again the next day. Now this is not a totally alien process, it just speeds up natural ones. If you leave a razor for 2 months it will lose the water, and "sharpen" itself.

The pyramid does this over night. Pyramids will keep the blade sharp, but I think it takes a long time to sharpen a dull one. Try 2 weeks and see it it helps. It's best to start with a fresh blade and maintain it. Using good quality razors and pyramids together can help a razor last for many, many uses.

And there's plenty more where that came from - http://searchwarp.com/swa371631.htm

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 17/09/2009 18:55:24 »
That's fantastic. Thanks Don_1

I propose an experiment. Send me a few quid and I'll nip up to Kelowna and evaluate the quality of their pyramid aged wine. In the interests of science I'm sure they will let me spend the night in it to test its restorative powers.

Offline Don_1

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Knight Light Haulage
« Reply #13 on: 18/09/2009 08:25:14 »
A single experiment is of no scientific value.

However, your investigation could prove to be of great importance to the whole of mankind. I shall assist you in your quest.

"Oi! You. Yeah, you with big *hick* attributes (BURP) crack open another pyramid of *hick* the 1977 vintage".

Offline Dimi

• Prone to rambling
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 18/09/2009 15:09:43 »
Funny.. and 13 posts to :)

oh wait make that 14.

Hey I'm craving to watch the Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy.. I miss the depressed computer.

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 18/09/2009 17:14:42 »
A single experiment is of no scientific value.

However, your investigation could prove to be of great importance to the whole of mankind. I shall assist you in your quest.

"Oi! You. Yeah, you with big *hick* attributes (BURP) crack open another pyramid of *hick* the 1977 vintage".

LMAO! Thanks

Offline J.Iuliano

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 04/10/2009 00:09:19 »
 This is a mathematical interpretation of W.Pauli's dream " the vision of the world clock "...page 151:

" Then Pauli has a dream that he calls " the great vision - the vision of the world clock". It is an impression of " the most sublime harmony " he tells Jung, and it fills him with happiness and peace:

There is a vertical and horizontal circle , having a common center. This is a world clock. It is supported by a black bird. The vertical circle is a blue disc with a white border divided into 4*8=32 partitions. A pointer rotates upon it. The horizontal circle consists of four colors. On it stand four little men with pendulums and around it is laid the ring that once dark is now golden....The clock has three rhythms or pulses:

1....The small pulse: the pointer on the blue vertical disk advances by 1/32.

2...The middle pulse: one complete revolution of the pointer. At the same time the horizontal circle advances by 1/32.

3...The great pulse: 32 middle pulses are equal to one revolution of the golden ring.

( end book quote)

To interpret this dream one determines the total number of clicks ( small pulses ) that generates one revolution of of the golden ring , which is 32 cubed = 32768 small pulses. Assuming this is the total circumference of a two dimensional ring or circumference , the radius of this structure = 32768 = 2 * Pi * radius , where:

radius = 5215.189175...

...the collective unconsciuos constant .8918918914... is involved due to:

192962 / 37 = radius = 5215.1891891...
                  192962 = 2 * 7 * 11 * 1253

...assume now that 32768 equala the area of a disk , such that:

32768 = Pi * radius^2

..where radius = 102.1292238 . This form is Egyptian due to this equality: ( four is Pauli's reoccurring mandela )

( 102.1292238 / 37 ) + ( 4^2 ) = 18.76024929
                ( 10 ^ ( 4/Pi )) - ( 4^2 ))  *  37  = 102.1307256 = radius
                  log 18.76024929                  = 3.999997048 / Pi

...this is where the Egyptian form appears....( 4/Pi ) and it's connection to Pauli's obsession number , fine-structure constant:

( 10 ^ ( 3.999995526 / Pi )) / ( .37^2)  =  137.035999701

...this is related to Prof. Leahy's dream,  room key number ..2808:

( 10 ^ (( 2807.9999881 / 37 ) - 72 )) / 666  =  sqrt 137.035999701

...and the triple logic cube number 82944 and the world clock generator  32: ( page 259):

( 10 ^ ( 82943.99304 / 32 ) 666 )) / 666  =  sqrt 137.035999701

...note the number 72 which is 144/2:

( 10 ^ ( 143.9999879 / 37 )) / 666            =  sqrt 137.035999701

...the most astounding connection of 32 to the geometric forms is the torus volume form ( golden ring ) where:

R = loop radius = fine-structure constant = 1/137.035999701 = aem
          r = tube radius =   Feigenbaum alpha      = 2.502907875  = Fa ( width constant  of the bifurcation map )

32 / (( Pi^Pi ) - 1 )  =  2 * ( Pi^2 ) * ( Fa^2 ) * aem

...this form is exact..!!
                                                                         J.Iuliano

Online Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 04/10/2009 10:34:27 »
" = Fa "
'Nuff said.

Offline that mad man

• View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #18 on: 04/10/2009 17:23:01 »
At the bottom of the wiki page on pyramid power is tells of a Myth-busters experiment, it showed no difference to the blade or foodstuff. I suspect that if you could sharpen a razor blade that way then then it would have been in popular use during the 20th century.

Thanks for the searchwarp link don_1 never laughed so much, orgone energy indeed. LOL!

Offline J.Iuliano

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 09/10/2009 04:17:07 »

A mathematical interpretation of Pauli's dream of the " imaginary number " , i , square root of negative one.  ( page 185 )

" In 1948 , around the time of the spring equinox , Pauli had two dreams. For him the equinoxes , he said were times of " relative psychic instability , which can manifest itself both negatively and positively ( creatively ) " . The dreams that arose at those times were always of particular significance. His dreams were full of mathematical symbols. In one of them , i , appears , i ,  being the square root of -1. i is an " imaginary number" because it is not one of the numbers we use in daily life -- the so called real numbers. Neverthe less , i often functions to unify complicated formulas by making them more compact.
    In one of his dreams a woman brings Pauli a bird. It lays an egg that then divides into two eggs. Then he notices that he has another egg in his hand which makes three. Suddenly the egg in his hand divides  into two. He now has four , a quaternity has appeared. Before his eyes the four eggs morph into four mathematical symbols , in two groups , side by side:

cos(delta)/2            sin(delta)/2
                                              --------------------         ------------------
                                               cos(delta)/2            sin(delta)/2

...cos(cosine) and sin(sine) are quantities from trigonometry ( a form  of mathematics that deals with triangles. ), while delta is the angle formed by two sides of a triangle. These four symbols coalsce into a simple expression , unified by the symbol , i :

cos(delta)/2  + i sin(delta)/2
                                                 -----------------------------------------
                                                  cos(delta)/2  -  i sin(delta)/2

...this expression is well known to mathematicians. In his dream he forms this expression into an equation:

cos(delta)/2  +  i sin(delta)/2
                                    ----------------------------------------------     =   e ^ i(delta)
                                      cos(delta)/25 -  i sin(delta)/2

....where e , the " base of the natural logarithms " has a numerical value of 2.718281828...( referred to an irrational number ) and e ^ i(delta) has a magnitude of 1. The insertion of i into these sets of four created a unity . Reflecting on the eggs in his dream , Pauli reralized that it was precisely what Maria Prophetissa , the early practioner of alchemy , had described some seventeen centuries earlier: " One becomes two , two becomes three , and out of the third comes the One as the fourth ". This transformation he noticed , " typically comes about for me through mathematics." Describing it to Jung , he explains that e ^ i(delta) is a number that always lies on a circle of radius 1. Through the power of the mathematical symbol i , a mandela has appeared in the form of a circle. In Pauli's dream i , " has the irrational function of uniting pairs of opposites -- the cosine and sine functions arranged in two groups of opposites -  " and thus producing wholeness ". But e too is irrational , it is an irrational number. This shows , he says , that mathematics , " is a symbolic description ( of nature ) par exellence ". Mathematical symbols, are the perfect way to unite and represent counterintuitive features of the quantum world , such as the wave particle duality , which can never be visualized.
   Reflecting further , Pauli suggests that the succesive splittings of the eggs are analagous to the splitting of spectral lines. When one examines the fine-structure of a spectral line, the spectroscope shows that what appears to be a single line is actually two and that the spacing between the two lines is defined by the number 137. In that case could it be , he wondered ,  that two was the predominate number in physics , not four? In both physics and psychology there were complementary opposites suggesting that two was the predominate number in the psyche as well. But four - the quanternity- had appeared in his dreams, signifying the wholeness of the material world and our conscious knowledge of it as well as the unconscious. Pauli's discovery of the fourth quantum number indicated precisely the need for this wholeness and therefore, although it was surprising at first , it should have been expected all along , given that four was the archetype of completeness....( end of book quote)

A mathematical analysis of Pauli's dream archetypes revealed some interesting facts. In the modern measuring systems of angular forms, ,there are three basic forms ( Pauli's archetype of the trinity ) , the radian ( 180/Pi ) , the degree form ( 360 degrees in the unit circle )  ) and the gradiant ( 100 ). It can be shown the following equalities:

cos137.036006272 / ( 10 ^ ( -2/Pi ))  =  e ^ ( cos137.036006272 * -2 / Pi )
      radians                                                                                                         degrees

...there are two archetypes here, the Cheops pyramid constructs , 2/Pi , and Pauli's dream number , natural log e. Amazingly the transformation of the two angular systems only occurs through Pauli's dream archetypes, the natural log e , and the Cheops constructs , 2/Pi . Pauli was actually very close in his dream state to the unification of the two forms due to this fantastic formula that links Euler's discovery ( 1700's ) of natural log e , and the imaginary number i , or square root of negative one:

i ^ i  =  e ^ - ( Pi/2 )

...Euler showed that the imaginary number i to the power of itself ( Pauli's archetype of self unity ) is actually a real number :

e ^ ( i * Pi ) + 1 = 0

...this formula is generally acknowledged as one of the deepest mathematical formulas in mathematics !  However there is a mathematical form that exists that definitely shows Pauli's dream state archetypes in a simplified formula. This formula unifies Pauli's archetypes of the primal number 137 , natural log e , the Eulerian form i^i , and the unification of the two angular measurement systerms , radians and degrees:

i ^ i = ( cos137.036004347  ^  cos137.036004347 ) / 10
                      radians                                                 degrees

...the natural log e can be separated from this form using the ancient archetype , Cheops pyramid constructs...2/Pi !!

e  =  ( cos137.036004347 ^ ( cos137.036004347 * - 2 / Pi )) / ( 10 ^ -( 2/ Pi ))
                radians                                                  degrees

...the latter formula unifies four archetypes: the natural log e , the primal number 137 , the unification of the two angular measuring forms ( radians - degrees ) and the Cheops pyramid constructs...2/Pi. As a further extension of Pauli's dream of natural log e and the sine and cosine functions is the invovement of the famous , rather recent , discovery ( 1975 ) of the Feigenbaum delta constant ( 4.669201609..) in Pauli's dream patterns:

cos^-1(( IN(( tan Fd ) / 100 )) / 2 )   =   137.0359996    .....Fd = 4.66920251
           degree                      radian

( tan Fd ) ^ ( -1/Pi )   =   cos 137.0359997                    ....Fd = 4.669204754
         radian                                                  radian

....to separate into the degree and radian forms:

( IN (( tan Fd ) / 100 )) / 2     =   cos 137.03599996    ...Fd = 4.66920251
                 radians                                                     degrees     

(tan Fd ) ^ ( -1/Pi )       =    cos 137.0359997    ....Fd = 4.669204754
                radians                                                         radians

...note how the reciprocal log e ( IN function ) bridges the two angular measuring systems...degrees to radians. To isolate the Feigenbaum delta constant , Fd , one can use both the cosine and sine ala Pauli's dream state through a 90 degree rotoation:

100 * ( e ^ ( 2 * sin(-137.035999701 + 90 )))   =   tan 4.66920251
                                                   degree                                                                              radian 

100 * ( e ^ ( 2 * cos(137.035999701 ))             =   tan 4.66920251
                                                  degree                                                                                radian

( Page 263)

" From there Pauli went to California where Feynman for one , had no compunction about telling the great ( Neils) Bohr that he was an idiot. Audiences there too offered rutheless critisism. Pauli was beginning to conclude , as he wrote to Heisenberg later that year , that " something entirely new , in other words very ' crazy ' (was) needed " , if he and Heisenberg were to crack the mystery of the masses of the elementary particles , one of the key aims of their unified theory ...( end of book quote )

...the electron and proton energy constants ( .510998908 and 938.272029 respectively ) can be determined from these ancient archetype symbols:

( 82944 ^ ( 1/Pi )) * 6.66 / ( .510998908 ^ 2 ) = 938.272024  +  1/136
                  D.G.Leahy                          John of Patmos             electron                                   proton                         Eddington

938.272029  *  ( .510998908 ^ 2 )  /  666    =   cos 137.03599789

( 82944 ^ ( 1/Pi )) / 100  =  cos 137.036000986
                                                    radians

( 100 ^ Pi )  /  82944       =   tan 4.669204313
                                                     radians

...the reason for the hidden meaning of 666....from Page 202:

" Jung enthusiastically agreed that mathematical probability must  correspond to an archetype. Bringing archetypes and synchronicity together , he suggested , that the archetype " represents nothing else but the probability of psychic events ". Although all of us are born with a collective unconscious made up of archetypes , it is not inevitable that any single archetypal image will actually appear in our consciousness. It is only highly probable - not inevitable - that patients recovering from deep depression will draw mandelas. The laws of probability in quantum physics is a law of nature and laws of nature contain the patterns of the cosmos. Given that the archetype is also a pattern of behavior , does this mean that laws of nature have their bases in psychic premises? And how do archetypes enter our human minds in the first place? Jung suggested that they were " out there ", ready to be plucked out of the air , and in this way entered our minds. We are , after all , merely small elements in one world. The origin of the word is immaterial , Jung insisted , its what the archetypes can do that is important. Returning to the ever-fascinating issue of threes and fours, Jung percieved that quantum physics widened the threesome of classical physics--space, time and causality-- to include synchronicity , thereby becoming a foursome. This happy development solved the age old problem of alchemists , encapsulated in the " so-called axiom of Maria Prophetissa: Out of the Third comes the One as the Fourth....this encryptic observation confirms what I said above , that in principle new points of view are not as a rule discovered in territory  that is already well known , but in out-of-the-way places that may even be avoided because of their bad name ".  ( end of book quote )

...this explains why the beast number 666 is a pariah ,that is, to " be avoided because of their bad name " since it has lain in " territory that is already well known  , but in out-of-the-way places "....This is the deep irony of the collective unconscious forms in that as popular culture has set up walls of non-appraoch to the real answers of things , that one must look into exactly the things that have been road blocked by the culture of the times at hand to seek the answers both spiritually and materially with human philosophy linking both by a common psychic archetype.

...Eddingtons obsession with 136....from Page 250:

" Eddington argued that according to relativity theory , particles cannot be considered in isolation but only in relationship to each other and therefore any theory of the electron has to deal with at least two electrons. Applying a special mathematics that he had invented , Eddington found that each electron could be described using sixteen E-numbers ( E stood for Eddington ). Multiplying 16 by 16 gave a total of 256 different ways in which electrons could combine with each other. He then showed that, of these 256 ways , only 136 are actually possible ; 120 are not. He wrote this mathematically as 256 = 136 + 120 . Like pulling a rabbit out of a hat , he thus magically produced the number 136 from purely mathematical ( if dubious ) reasoning. Of course 136 was not 137 , but for Eddington it was close enough. He was convinced that the elusive " one " would " not be long in turning up ". As the physicist Paul Dirac put it, " Eddington first proved for 136 and when experiment raised to 137 , he gave proof of that ! The obsessive pursuit of 137, took over Eddington's life."  ( end of book quote)

....Numbers as archetypes...from Page 212:

" By the early 1950's Jung agreed with Pauli that numbers un-doubtedly were archetypal and added that they could " amplify themselves immediately and freely through mythological statements ",  such as the one attributed to Maria Prophetissa . The common ground between physics and psychology was not to do with parallel concepts " but rather in that ancient spiritual 'dynamis' of numbers...the archetypal numinosity of numbers impress itself on the one hand in Pythagorean , Gnostic, and Kabbalistic ( Gematria ) speculation and in the other hand in the arithemetical method of the mantic(divinatory) procedures in the I Ching, in geometry and horoscopy." This Jung wrote to Pauli in 1955.
   Mathematicians might argue over whether numbers were originally invented or discovered , just as psychologists debate whether archetypes are innate or aquired. " In my view both are true " , wrote Jung. Jung was not interested in what mathematitians did with numbers , but what number itself does when given the opportunity. This is certainly  the method that has proved particularly succesful in the field of archetypal ideas. He was curious in other words, about whether numbers have mystical powers and what these might be. It was certainly a fresh approach to numbers , evidence of the fruitfulness of the collaboration between the two men ".  ( end of book quote )

J.Iuliano

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09/10/2009 06:37:08 »
Brainwashed? Who, me? Not on your Nellie.

I will go out tomorrow and buy the book. I will go out tomorrow and buy the book. I will go out tomorrow and buy the book. I will go out tomorrow and buy the book. I will go out tomorrow and buy the book. I will go out tomorrow and buy the book. I will go out tomorrow and buy the book. I will go out tomorrow and buy the book. I will go out tomorrow and buy the book. I will go out tomorrow and buy the book. I will go out tomorrow and buy the book. I will go out tomorrow and buy the book. I will go out tomorrow and buy the book. I will go out tomorrow and buy the book. I will go out tomorrow and buy the book..................

Offline yor_on

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • (Ah, yes:) *a table is always good to hide under*
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 16/10/2009 21:28:38 »
Awh, all those numbers. makes my head hurt.

6 I believe in if done by 2
A 3inity might be brought2
For what more 2 say I do not know ?

Offline J.Iuliano

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 25/10/2009 14:55:38 »
 Concerning the collective unconscious constant which is any number when divided by the integer 37 creates the modulo decimal remainder , .891891891..., which is the link to the fine-structure constant:

( 10 ^ ( 143.9999879 / 37 )) / 37 / 18  =  sqrt 137.035999701

...there have been many numbers associated to the divisor 37 and the collective unconscious forms:

Leahy's dream number .....2808
         Van Halen's number..........5150
         Hindu number ..................108
         Druid number....................144
         Hebrew number ................288
         John of Patmos number.....1260 and 666
         Leahy triple logic number....82944
         Denglers number as name...1069
         John Michell number...........1080+666 = 1746
         Mayan/Aztec number ........2304
         R.Tomes harmonic.............3456....etc.

...the key has always been the divisor number 37. The following is from an article in the Jan. 10 ,  2009 , magazine , New Scientist, called , " Inside the Mind of a Autistic Savant ". The article goes on to talk about the savant Daniel Tammet , who is a human calculator of whose one of many feats , set a European record for the number of digits of Pi he recited from memory ( 22514 ). The article interviewer , Celeste Biever , interviewed D. Tammet and here is a portion of her interview concerning the number 37 and D. Tammet's fascination with this particular number:

Question: When did you realize you had special talents?
       Tammet: At the age of 8 or 9 , I was being taught maths at school and realised I could do the sums quickly , intuitively and in my own way--not using the techniques we were taught. I got so far ahead of the other children that I ran out of textbooks. I was aware already that I was different because of my autism, but at that point I realised that the relationship I had with numbers was different.
       Question: To most people, the things you can do with your memory seems like magic. How do you do it ?
       Tammet: The response that people often have  to what I can do is one of " gee whiz" but I want to push back against that. One of the purposes of the book I've written , " Embracing the Wide Sky " , is to demystify this, to show the hidden processes behind my number skills. I have a relationship with numbers that is similar to the relationship that most people have with language. When people think of words they don't think of them as separate items , atomised in their head , they understand them intuitively and subconsciously as belonging to an interconnected web of other words.
       Question : Can you give an example?
       Tammet: You would'nt use a word like " giraffe " without understanding what the words " neck " or " tall " or " animal " mean. Words only make sense when they are in this web of interconnected meanings and I have the same thing with numbers . Numbers belong to a web. When somebody gives me a number , I immediately visualise it and how it relates to other numbers. I also see the patterns those relationships produce and manipulate them in my head to arrive at a solution, if its a sum , or to identify if there is a prime.
       Question: But how do you visualise a number ? In the same way I visualise a giraffe ?
       Tammet: Every number has a texture. If it is a " lumpy " number then immediately my mind will relate it to other numbers which are lumpy--the lumpiness will tell me there is a relationship , there is a common divisor , or a pattern between the digits.
       Question: Can you give me an example of a " lumpy " number ?
       Tammet: For me the ideal lumpy number is 37 . It's like porridge. So 111 , a very pretty number which is 3 times 37 , is lumpy but it is also round. It takes on the properties of both 37 and 3 , which is round. It's an intuitive and visual way of doing maths and thinking about numbers.
       Question: Why do you think you treat numbers this way ?
       Tammet: When I was growing up, because of my autism , I didn't make friends. Numbers filled that gap. The numbers came alive. My mind was able to pick out patterns and to make sense of them. It was similar to how a child would aquire his first language....
       Question: What can we learn from the way your mind works ?
       Tammet: The differences between savant and non-savant ability have been exaggerated. Savants are not freaks, cut off from the rest of humanity. The thinking of savants is an extreme form  of the kind everyone has. The aim of my book is to show that minds that function differently such as mine , are not so strange , and that anyone can learn from them. I also hope to clear up some misconceptions about savant abilities and what it means to be intelligent or gifted ...( end of article quote  )

Wolfgang Pauli knew through his mandelas and the collective unconscious parameters of Carl Jung that the fine-structure constant ( 1/137.035999701 ) , a primal number , has a connectiveness to the primal numbers of man. This connectiveness number is the integer...37:

Leahy dream number ....2808:
             ( 10 ^ (( 2807.9999879 / 37 ) - 72 )) / 666           =  sqrt 137.035999701

Van Halen's number ...5150:
             ( 10 ^ (( 5149.99999881 / 3.7 ) - 1388 )) / 666     = sqrt 137.035999701

Hindu number....108:
             ( 10 ^ ( 107.999999879 / .37 ) - 288 ) / 666        = sqrt 137.035999701

Druid , John of Patmos number ...144:
             ( 10 ^ ( 143.999987919 / 37 )) / 666                  =  sqrt 137.035999701

John of Patmos numbers ...1260 and 666:
             ( 10 ^ (( 1259.99978254 / 666 ) + 2 ) / 666        =  sqrt 137.035999701

Leahy's triple logic number ...82944:
             ( 10 ^ ( 82943.9930413 / 32 / 666 )) / 666         =  sqrt 137.035999701

Plato's number of the world soul...2592:
             ( 10 ^ ( 2591.99978254 / 666 )) / 666               =  sqrt 137.035999701

Dengler's name change number ...1069:
            ( 10 ^ (( 1068.99998792 / 37 ) - 25 )) / 666        = sqrt 137.035999701

Mayan/Aztec number ...2304:
            ( 10 ^ (( 2303.99978254 + 288 ) /666 ) / 666     = sqrt 137.035999701

Harlston's Hunab number ( Aztec) ...378
                378 + 288 = 666

R.Tomes master harmionic number ...3456:
             ( 10 ^ (( 3455.999789 / 666 ) - 46 ) / 666         = sqrt 137.035999701

J.Iuliano

Offline Dimi

• Prone to rambling
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 25/10/2009 23:06:59 »
That is a very interesting thought process however, treating numbers like words ... I notice that I think differently when it comes to numbers, where as I don't think at all with words.

Offline that mad man

• View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #24 on: 25/10/2009 23:47:56 »
I forgot to mention that the original number of the beast was 616 and was translated 100 years later as 666 which most now assume it to be.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #24 on: 25/10/2009 23:47:56 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length