The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: How can I learn basics of Electronics to advance ?  (Read 2949 times)

ScientificBoysClub(SBC)

How can I learn basics of Electronics to advance ?
How can I learn Electronics ?
I wanna learn electronics basics .. How can I learn ? I don't know where to start.

I love making things. my dream is to make a cool robot (I use youtube videos. but, I want more to learn)!!

I wanna learn it. And I wanna learn mechanics too..

Where can I learn ?
I don't want to do any degree on it. it's just for hobby and interest.
What electronics kits I need to buy ?

When I was a Kid, I used to remove internal parts of my toys and I used to make a New thing out of it . I always wanted to know How things work.even Now I do !
But, I don't know any thing about circuits stuff .. I have fear of getting electric shock LOL!

Well I want your advice guys ! 

Offline JnA

• Neilep Level Member
  • Stunt Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 21/09/2009 02:05:58 »
The way to learn anything is to immerse yourself into it. Read as many books or papers on the subject as you can. Ask as many question in appropriate forums and practise, practise practise.
If you have little knowledge of the basics and don't want to spend too much money start with site dedicated to teaching children. These are easily understandable and a good place for basic information that you can then build on.
In Australia there are "National Geographic" stores that have kits for building electronics... again, they are for children, but if I wanted to learn something I'd start at the beginning. I suspect that you have similar stores in India and.or you could get some sent to you.

And practice, practice, practice.

Good luck, learning new takes enthusiasm and dedication and work. 

ScientificBoysClub(SBC)

« Reply #2 on: 21/09/2009 05:43:54 »
The way to learn anything is to immerse yourself into it. Read as many books or papers on the subject as you can. Ask as many question in appropriate forums and practise, practise practise.
If you have little knowledge of the basics and don't want to spend too much money start with site dedicated to teaching children. These are easily understandable and a good place for basic information that you can then build on.
In Australia there are "National Geographic" stores that have kits for building electronics... again, they are for children, but if I wanted to learn something I'd start at the beginning. I suspect that you have similar stores in India and.or you could get some sent to you.

And practice, practice, practice.

Good luck, learning new takes enthusiasm and dedication and work. 
Well thanks a lot, I only posted this to know whether tutor is required or not.I admit it that my 
enthusiasm, dedication , work & practice are true teachers !!
Thanks I know it but I was thinking that I would need a tutor or NOT  LOL!!

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22/09/2009 06:09:43 »
Try to find some magazine articles or websites that have circuit diagrams for things like flip-flops, amplifiers, power supplies and radios. Get the parts (transistors, diodes, resistors and capacitors) and try to construct some examples. Once you get a good idea of how these parts behave (particularly transistors) you can move on to much more complex systems.   

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23/09/2009 07:41:14 »
What about just taking a community college corse on the basic subject.. just take that class you do not have to get a degree but at least that would point you in the right direction.. so you could learn all the SAFETY TIPS AND PRECAUTIONS... It would give you a great foundation for your studying on your own and then you could practice safely having all the foundation and basics!

ScientificBoysClub(SBC)

« Reply #5 on: 23/09/2009 08:42:01 »
What about just taking a community college corse on the basic subject.. just take that class you do not have to get a degree but at least that would point you in the right direction.. so you could learn all the SAFETY TIPS AND PRECAUTIONS... It would give you a great foundation for your studying on your own and then you could practice safely having all the foundation and basics!
But,Where can I get this class ?

ScientificBoysClub(SBC)

« Reply #6 on: 23/09/2009 08:42:48 »
Try to find some magazine articles or websites that have circuit diagrams for things like flip-flops, amplifiers, power supplies and radios. Get the parts (transistors, diodes, resistors and capacitors) and try to construct some examples. Once you get a good idea of how these parts behave (particularly transistors) you can move on to much more complex systems.  
could you tell me name of electronics Kit ?
or title of good books ?

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23/09/2009 08:45:37 »
What about just taking a community college course on the basic subject.. just take that class you do not have to get a degree but at least that would point you in the right direction.. so you could learn all the SAFETY TIPS AND PRECAUTIONS... It would give you a great foundation for your studying on your own and then you could practice safely having all the foundation and basics!
But,Where can I get this class ?

Do you have a community college where you can sign up for just 1 class? Usually Jr college!

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #7 on: 23/09/2009 08:45:37 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length