The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Anyone know about the history of ram such as (DDR,DDR2,DDR3)?  (Read 6950 times)

Offline jasonchan123

• First timers
    • View Profile
Can someone help me on this. I would like to know about the history of ram DDR,DDR2 & DDR3 for my assignment.
I have been searching through the net and I not sure which 1 is the true history.

Offline yuzuki

• First timers
    • View Profile
Anyone know about the history of ram such as (DDR,DDR2,DDR3)?
« Reply #1 on: 07/11/2009 19:36:35 »
am not sure if this well help or not you can try wiki and answers to

i look up what i could but i hit up few friends see what thieve know

try this first got some info on it

newbielink:http://www.answers.com/topic/ram-disk [nonactive] go down to history part

hope it helps 

Offline Huxlly

• I am not a doctor. I has been working X-ray machin
    • View Profile
    • order delivery online!
« Reply #2 on: 26/11/2009 08:45:57 »
I am searching about DDR(double data Rate), but only i know latest computer all DDR3 RAM). See somebody give the answer to you for original history of DDR1, DDR2, DDR3.

Offline nicephotog

• H h H h H h H h H h
    • View Profile
    • Freeware Downloads
« Reply #3 on: 11/12/2009 05:10:11 »
jasonchan123: I have been searching through the net and I not sure which 1 is the true history.
You would be better searching through the international patents registration sight for the application dates.

Huxlly: I am searching about DDR(double data Rate),
At the very end of the x86 Intel P3 generation set and with Intel P4 is where DDR starts.
You can comprehend why easily too.

Processors(CPU) have two Frequency ratings, the first the CPU base frequency e.g. 1.2Ghz
The second the CPU BUS(Binary Unit Speed). The BUS frequency is "always" derived as a stepped down
Lower Side Band(LSB) "harmonic" of the CPU base frequency , hence when installing a CPU and setting the chipset jumpers or switches the manual will always refer to the base frequency and the harmonic in a "ratio chart" for which pins for the jumper or which position for the switchrs.

Because these new generations were much higher frequency, the RAM storage hardware "gate"(hardware charge storage for the binary unit (aka: address)) "semi-conductor "base(semi conductor electronics, e.g. NPN , PNP , or a Diode)" electrical breakdown" chemistry had to be changed to allow the higher frequencies while not committing rapid chemical deterioration from the higher frequencies.
« Last Edit: 11/12/2009 05:13:11 by nicephotog »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #3 on: 11/12/2009 05:10:11 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums