The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: BC(before christ)  (Read 4925 times)

Offline dexter

• First timers
    • View Profile
BC(before christ)
« on: 01/09/2005 20:12:52 »
we've all heard something about the year's BC(before christ),
can somebody enlighten me about the years BG(before God!)[?];)
« Last Edit: 01/09/2005 20:43:12 by dexter »

Offline gecko

• View Profile
Re: BC(before christ)
« Reply #1 on: 02/09/2005 22:58:43 »
we live in the years before god, my good man.

Offline dexter

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03/09/2005 01:34:50 »
quote:
Originally posted by gecko

we live in the years before god, my good man.

Too deep 4 me :D

it's a fact,
today, will be yesterday,tomorrow :)

Offline David Sparkman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04/09/2005 05:01:44 »
Well my greek is very poor, but I think John thought that Christ was at the creation, and took part in it. So the cronologiers have it all wrong, or John did or... But then the greeks use the root word for Chaos for the beginning, so Chaos could have been shortly after the big bang when things were all messed up.

Need more input, need more input...

David

Offline Albert_Tools

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07/09/2005 23:57:09 »
There is nothing to tell.  There is no such thing as BG as God had no beginning.  I could enlighten you as to the years Bg.  Just give me the g you want to use!  ;)  

As Christ is part of the trinity, and therefore, God, there is no BC either.  BC is the term used to describe human time before Jesus was born as a human.  - Brian

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."  - Dr. Johnson
newbielink:http://www.herpportal.com/members/storefront1.php?member=0000000061 [nonactive]  - The Very Best in Custom Snake Handling Equipment

Offline David Sparkman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08/09/2005 05:56:22 »
"Christ is part of the Trinity"
Ah I see you espouse to the Greek interpretation of Christianity as propagated by Constantine, a very bloody man who was finally baptized when he was finally too old to prevent it. This web site is not so much about dogmatic doctrine as it is about learning. Do you know about the debate that occurred at the council of Nicene, and why it was found expedient to murder the Bishop from Alexander in order to deify Jesus as the Greeks wanted? To the Jewish Christians, it was not necessary, because they considered themselves to be the children of God, and the Greek idea was abhorrent to them as it lowered the children of Abraham to mere human status.
Of course the purpose of Constantine was to find a tool with which to fight the Druidic religion. His new Christians were obliging and killed off the druidic priests and followers. Not exactly the answer to WWJD.
(what would Jesus do?)

David

Offline Ray hinton

• View Profile
    • http://uk.geocities.com/rayhinton56@btinternet.com/photopagetan.html
« Reply #6 on: 06/02/2006 01:07:28 »
it seems the time before god is about 4000bc, thats when hunter gatherers first started to settle and farm in one place,its strange that about this time,they also started to believe in an all powerfull,all seeing god.
they probably wondered how the plants grew,the rain fell,and the sun shone,and had to attribute it to something,it must have been great back then, no cars,no light pollution(great for astronomy)and no tony bloody blair to mess it all up.  [xx(]

RE-HAB IS FOR QUITTERS.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #6 on: 06/02/2006 01:07:28 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length