The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What is the minimum mass required to distort space and time ?  (Read 11788 times)

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
What is the minimum mass required to distort space and time ?
« Reply #25 on: 25/10/2009 21:14:45 »
I am truly amazed at the power of Google. I just did a search with the string: Vernon Brown Gravity

Google then showed me what the actual cause of gravity is. :) BTW; this thread was number four in the search results. I guess BenV knows what he's about.
« Last Edit: 25/10/2009 21:16:24 by Vern »

Kiran The King Kai

« Reply #26 on: 27/10/2009 15:31:08 »
I am truly amazed at the power of Google. I just did a search with the string: Vernon Brown Gravity

Google then showed me what the actual cause of gravity is. :) BTW; this thread was number four in the search results. I guess BenV knows what he's about.
Yup I got in first result !
Google uses a frequency for each word.
depending up on word you type . it sets up word frequency to match with key words in your web site.
(words which are present in your website)
this is the way how search engine works ..

and other thing is that your the unique one who worked on it with your name.
« Last Edit: 27/10/2009 15:34:07 by Kiran The King Kai »

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #27 on: 27/10/2009 15:47:43 »
It is a good feature to know about search engines. When searching for the work (or play, in my case) of a certain person, include the name in the search string helps find it.

Kiran The King Kai

« Reply #28 on: 28/10/2009 12:21:36 »
It is a good feature to know about search engines. When searching for the work (or play, in my case) of a certain person, include the name in the search string helps find it.
Yup I know ! LOL
If your are theories are published worldwide ...
they might have appeared in Wikipedia too

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #29 on: 28/10/2009 18:44:45 »
They are a little too crude to be real theories. I just call them hunches. My goal was to develop a reasonable cause for every effect I knew about. I started in 1986. My first attempts were with the Standard Model and the Copenhagen interpretation. I found right away that didn't work. Then I came across an old idea that Einstein wrote about. Einstein attributed the idea to Maxwell. Poincare and Lorentz knew about the idea when they developed the Lorentz transformations.

The idea is easy to convey. It is simply: The final irreducible constituent of all physical reality is the electromagnetic field.

Within that concept I was successful. I found a reasonable cause for every effect I knew about.

« Last Edit: 28/10/2009 18:49:51 by Vern »

Kiran The King Kai

« Reply #30 on: 29/10/2009 04:16:28 »
Sir, you did some serious study before I was born !!!

Ok, What about math part in your theory ?

Kiran The King Kai

« Reply #31 on: 29/10/2009 04:20:48 »
They are a little too crude to be real theories. I just call them hunches. My goal was to develop a reasonable cause for every effect I knew about. I started in 1986. My first attempts were with the Standard Model and the Copenhagen interpretation. I found right away that didn't work. Then I came across an old idea that Einstein wrote about. Einstein attributed the idea to Maxwell. Poincare and Lorentz knew about the idea when they developed the Lorentz transformations.

The idea is easy to convey. It is simply: The final irreducible constituent of all physical reality is the electromagnetic field.

Within that concept I was successful. I found a reasonable cause for every effect I knew about.

does Physicist know about your work ?
did you get any copyright or registered stuff ?

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #32 on: 29/10/2009 11:13:43 »
I am at that point in life where I no longer work. What I do is play. :) Physicists have known about the reality of which I write for about two hundred years. Ever since Einstein, they all dismiss it without much thought. However, the old idea withstands every test for reality that has ever been devised. To me it seems that everyone knows it is real but everyone would rather it not be real. So they just dismiss it an continue to pursue their fancies.

I suspect that there is no possibility that the old notion of Maxwell is not what is real in the universe. My own speculations about it may not be exactly the way things work. :) They are self consistent. They could be the way nature works.
« Last Edit: 29/10/2009 11:16:04 by Vern »

Kiran The King Kai

« Reply #33 on: 29/10/2009 11:27:17 »
I am at that point in life where I no longer work. What I do is play. :) Physicists have known about the reality of which I write for about two hundred years. Ever since Einstein, they all dismiss it without much thought. However, the old idea withstands every test for reality that has ever been devised. To me it seems that everyone knows it is real but everyone would rather it not be real. So they just dismiss it an continue to pursue their fancies.

I suspect that there is no possibility that the old notion of Maxwell is not what is real in the universe. My own speculations about it may not be exactly the way things work. :) They are self consistent. They could be the way nature works.
wow that's cool !

Kiran The King Kai

« Reply #34 on: 29/10/2009 11:39:33 »

don't worry Mr.Vern
I will study your theories and do sometime for you ....

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #35 on: 29/10/2009 12:18:13 »
Maxwell's notion has worked well for me in my electronics career. Remembering that nature behaves exactly as if its final irreducible constituent is the electromagnetic field will serve you well. You will understand natural observations that others may not understand.
« Last Edit: 29/10/2009 12:58:48 by Vern »

Kiran The King Kai

« Reply #36 on: 29/10/2009 19:14:49 »
Maxwell's notion has worked well for me in my electronics career. Remembering that nature behaves exactly as if its final irreducible constituent is the electromagnetic field will serve you well. You will understand natural observations that others may not understand.
yeah !
you are correct !

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #37 on: 31/10/2009 18:58:51 »
I spent the day yesterday thinking about cause and effect. I wondered whether we are served well by dismissing cause and effect in our consideration of physical phenomena that we notice. I posted some of my musings in the New Theories Forum

Offline litespeed

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 31/10/2009 21:20:32 »
Vern: I am one of those who take cause and effect seriously. For insatance, we can predict atomic decay, we simply don't why and particular particle does so at any given moment.

However, I am posting to provoke a discussion on high speed space travel. It seems clear to me that a high speed travelor can easily exceed the speed of light from his own perspective.  Let us postulate we accelerate an explorer in a vessel such that his space time clock ticks half of ours.

We subsequently send him out to an object exactly one light year from our perspective, but he is surprised because he got there in half that time, according to the cesium clock on board.  Further, during his travels his stellar navegation confirms he is apporaching the destinattion at an apparetent speed of light. His half time clock and celestial navegation confirm he will arrive at the target fully in half the time the predicted from the planet from which he accelerated.

Further, ground control has confirmed his messages, and simply explain two things. First, from CG point of view he is traveling at .5 C and will arrive as precicted in two years. However, since his clock is running half speed, the reason he THINKS he is traveling a C is simply that from his perspective, SPACE has been cut in half.

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #39 on: 31/10/2009 21:52:55 »
I suspect you are correct; distances will seem to contract as the craft gains speed.

Kiran The King Kai

« Reply #40 on: 01/11/2009 04:20:53 »
I suspect you are correct; distances will seem to contract as the craft gains speed.
as speed increases to words speed of light. clocks tick slows down.Length contraction occurs.
mass will be heaver. 

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #41 on: 01/11/2009 13:02:33 »
Quote from: litespeed
Further, ground control has confirmed his messages, and simply explain two things. First, from CG point of view he is traveling at .5 C and will arrive as precicted in two years. However, since his clock is running half speed, the reason he THINKS he is traveling a C is simply that from his perspective, SPACE has been cut in half.
I suspect that he would not think or even measure his speed as C. His clock would seem to be running correctly for the ship and anyone else in the same inertial frame as the ship.

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #42 on: 01/11/2009 15:28:27 »
as speed increases to words speed of light. clocks tick slows down.Length contraction occurs.
mass will be heaver. 
We agree; however occupants of the vehicle would not sense their own clock slowing. If they had a way of sensing it, they would sense slower time at their destination than occupants of the destination would sense their time.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #42 on: 01/11/2009 15:28:27 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums