The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Why abandon cause and effect?  (Read 19588 times)

Offline Mr. Scientist

• Neilep Level Member
  • http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=profile&
    • View Profile
    • Time Theory
Why abandon cause and effect?
« Reply #75 on: 18/11/2009 12:23:54 »
I am thinking of applying a model for your theory where we an describe the abscent magnetic field equation/expression, we could describe the original GEM equations to describe only a flat metric spacetime whereas use curvature as a reason why tthe magnetic charge dissipates, due to the fact that (gravity may have some weird effect on magnetism).

An experiment can come out of this. I'm just not sure right now how it could be done. But one thg is for sure, we need the dissipation of the Mag.-charge, and it may have something to do with the weakness of the gravitatonal field itself, but this all just speculation the now.

Offline Mr. Scientist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Time Theory
« Reply #76 on: 18/11/2009 12:30:26 »
Oh i might as well just get what it is on my mind.

My ultimate speculation is that gravitons ''gobble'' up magnetic monopoles'' and this acts as a mechanism to allow a photon to follow a curved geodesic on the basis it has an existent gravitationally-related electric charge.

The above could also answer why monopole particles seem so diluted. According to this wacky idea, they are so rare to find because the graviton-monopole activities decribed are exceedingly high.

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #77 on: 18/11/2009 16:18:55 »
I can visualize that. But my simplistic view is: why use an undiscovered magnetic monopole when nature screams out that it is a simple electromagnetic construct.
« Last Edit: 18/11/2009 18:25:55 by Vern »

Offline Mr. Scientist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Time Theory
« Reply #78 on: 19/11/2009 06:45:17 »
I can visualize that. But my simplistic view is: why use an undiscovered magnetic monopole when nature screams out that it is a simple electromagnetic construct.
Whereas your theory is absolutely valid theoretically, the only inconsistency is that scientists beleive they have detected the monopole and i know how much you don't rely on those experiments, so its a difficult one to decide on.

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #79 on: 19/11/2009 13:14:24 »
I have never seen a report of an experiment that detected a magnetic monopole.

Offline Mr. Scientist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Time Theory
« Reply #80 on: 19/11/2009 13:18:31 »
I have heard Doctor Wagner proclaim this. Can you take it up with him, since i am banned from sciforums?

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #81 on: 19/11/2009 20:08:00 »
I found this report

But it is not very convincing. I am not sure they reached the right conclusion from the scattering of neutrons that was their indicator. This is probably what Wagner referenced.

Quote from: the link
Magnetic monopoles are hypothetical particles proposed by physicists that carry a single magnetic pole, either a magnetic north pole or south pole. In the material world this is quite exceptional because magnetic particles are usually observed as dipoles, north and south combined. However there are several theories that predict the existence of monopoles. Among others, in 1931 the physicist Paul Dirac was led by his calculations to the conclusion that magnetic monopoles can exist at the end of tubes called Dirac strings that carry magnetic field. Until now they have remained undetected.

Offline Mr. Scientist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Time Theory
« Reply #82 on: 20/11/2009 01:43:30 »
I found this report

But it is not very convincing. I am not sure they reached the right conclusion from the scattering of neutrons that was their indicator. This is probably what Wagner referenced.

Quote from: the link
Magnetic monopoles are hypothetical particles proposed by physicists that carry a single magnetic pole, either a magnetic north pole or south pole. In the material world this is quite exceptional because magnetic particles are usually observed as dipoles, north and south combined. However there are several theories that predict the existence of monopoles. Among others, in 1931 the physicist Paul Dirac was led by his calculations to the conclusion that magnetic monopoles can exist at the end of tubes – called Dirac strings – that carry magnetic field. Until now they have remained undetected.
Ahhh, let me mull over the information again. Reply soon friend.

Offline Mr. Scientist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Time Theory
« Reply #83 on: 20/11/2009 01:48:11 »
In facto emondo,

I do believe Dirac said their presence was required.
« Last Edit: 20/11/2009 01:49:48 by Mr. Scientist »

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #84 on: 20/11/2009 12:18:11 »
Yes, it was part of a theory that Dirac proposed.  But the more I look at the experiment, the more I see possibilities that the suspected monopoles could be dipole pairs with their opposing poles held together by outside forces.

Offline Mr. Scientist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Time Theory
« Reply #85 on: 23/11/2009 00:26:29 »
You ok vern, haven't seen you around?

Offline Mr. Scientist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Time Theory
« Reply #86 on: 23/11/2009 00:27:48 »
Yes, it was part of a theory that Dirac proposed.  But the more I look at the experiment, the more I see possibilities that the suspected monopoles could be dipole pairs with their opposing poles held together by outside forces.

If i understand you correctly, that would require a lot of pressure.

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #87 on: 23/11/2009 11:39:11 »
Yes; I have been lurking reading the posts but not responding much.

The magnetic monopoles of the experiment were artificially created and held together. The observed monopoles could actually be duel dipoles. Two electron charges worth of pressure would be required to hold their like poles together,

If we try and contort a photon's path such that it presents its magnetic field toward the outside of a confining pattern we must conjure up some forces that we don't normally see.

Offline Mr. Scientist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Time Theory
« Reply #88 on: 24/11/2009 09:41:26 »
Yes; I have been lurking reading the posts but not responding much.

The magnetic monopoles of the experiment were artificially created and held together. The observed monopoles could actually be duel dipoles. Two electron charges worth of pressure would be required to hold their like poles together,

If we try and contort a photon's path such that it presents its magnetic field toward the outside of a confining pattern we must conjure up some forces that we don't normally see.

This is what i was attempting in my equations.:)

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #89 on: 24/11/2009 17:04:29 »
It is interesting. If the pattern could be around the magnetic plane, it would be a magnetic monopole. A magnetic monopole of that nature would be an electric dipole, negative at one end and positive at the at the other.

But it does not seem to happen.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #89 on: 24/11/2009 17:04:29 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length