The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Plank Unit  (Read 1892 times)

Offline litespeed

• View Profile
Plank Unit
« on: 01/11/2009 20:07:24 »
Pete - You wrote: "(1) The weight of a body does not depend on its speed
(2) The gravitational field of a body does not depend on its speed.

Acceleration applied to any massive object increases its mass according to E=mc2.  Weight is simply an arbitrary unit of gravitational force applied to the object.

And I am not convinced a massive object accelerated towards the speed of light does not also increase its gravitational field. By definition mass and gravity seem directly relational. This is why I do not believe black holes include any sort of singularity. I believe all the mass accumulates in relativistic terms to such an extent, their velocity and mass dialations prevent them ever reaching the center. Their time, from our point of view, has come to a complete stop.

Further, we know black holes increase in mass as they accumulate matter from their accretions disks. This matter does not disapear in a singularity. It simply increases in velocity and mass to form something like a shell towards the center. All that mass accelerates all that matter and dialates the matter so much that there will never be enough energy to bring them to the speed of light. My quess is the entire center of a black hole is little more then an empty space aproximating one Qubic Plank Unit.

Offline BenV

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Plank Unit
« Reply #1 on: 01/11/2009 21:33:41 »
If this is a reply to a previous post, please could you move it into that thread? If it's going off at a tangent from another thread, then fair enough to make a new thread of it, but please could you include a link and a bit of context?

Offline litespeed

• View Profile
Plank Unit
« Reply #2 on: 03/11/2009 18:51:42 »
Ben,

I am still learning both the technical and protocols of posting. I don't mean to disrupt any particular thread with spurious subject.  I will try to get the hang of it as I progress.

Thank you for your patience....

Ethos

Plank Unit
« Reply #3 on: 03/11/2009 23:46:14 »

Plank Unit.
That would be 'Planck Unit'.........named after Max Planck.

The Naked Scientists Forum

Plank Unit
« Reply #3 on: 03/11/2009 23:46:14 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums