The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What happened to all the genius???  (Read 11862 times)

Offline rhade

• Do what you will, but first be such as can will!
    • View Profile
What happened to all the genius???
« Reply #25 on: 01/09/2008 17:06:18 »
So ya reckon the geniuses were all replaced by Gordon the Moron, Blair, etc
« Last Edit: 19/09/2008 13:33:16 by rhade »

Offline that mad man

• View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #26 on: 01/09/2008 19:28:59 »
There may be lots of scientific progress but not so many major new inventions as in the past. Most new stuff is minor and seems to rely on using already invented ideas but utilising them differently. In technology terms when was the last time there was a big new invention?

I also think TV and modern media is partly to blame.

Too many people are watching too much TV. Rather than let their brain wander and ponder they are slowly becoming anaesthetised by rubbish and seem to be losing that creative instinct.

I would love to film a family for 2 weeks to see what impact having no TV for 2 weeks would make. Most would not know what to do in that situation and I would think it would show up our depleting creativeness.

Offline Alan McDougall

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 02/09/2008 15:49:50 »

I've heard that there are about as many people alive today as have ever lived in the whole history of mankind (and not just recorded history - all of it).  Given this fact, we should have living among us just about as many overwhelming geniuses as have ever graced the planet, people like Newton, Galeleio, the guy that invented the wheel, the guy that discovered a campfire, Einstein.  So my question is WHERE ARE THEY????

This statistics is completely wrong,it is estimated that more than a 100 billion humans have been born since the dawn of history

Alan

Offline rhade

• Do what you will, but first be such as can will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12/09/2008 16:59:40 »

I would love to film a family for 2 weeks to see what impact having no TV for 2 weeks would make. Most would not know what to do in that situation and I would think it would show up our depleting creativeness.

The trouble with this idea is someone would want to put it on TV as a reality show. In fact, I think they already did.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #28 on: 12/09/2008 16:59:40 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums