The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What is the latest "Scientific" thinking about Global Warming ?  (Read 2674 times)

Offline Joe L. Ogan

• View Profile
One hears so many versions about "Global Warming" that the ordinary citizen does not know what to think about the subject.  Instead of taking Al Gore's version, I would prefer to hear what the latest thinking is from a reliable source such as one of the most respected Scientists.  I personally have some doubts that the situation is pending calamity.  Thanks for any professional opinion.

Offline Madidus_Scientia

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
The scientific consensus is that it is indeed a real and dangerous threat. There are global warming denialists who cherry pick for evidence but they are in much the same boat as holocaust deniers.

Offline Joe L. Ogan

• View Profile

Is this really true?  I have read that as many as 70% of scientists do not believe it is a dangerous threat.

Offline Joe L. Ogan

• View Profile
Is this really true?  I have read that as many as 70% of Scientists do not think it is a dangerous threat.

Offline JP

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Almost all of the experts on climate believe that it's real and caused by humans.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/americas/01/19/eco.globalwarmingsurvey/index.html

Offline Madidus_Scientia

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Where did you read that?

A quote from the above news article:

"The strongest consensus on the causes of global warming came from climatologists who are active in climate research, with 97 percent agreeing humans play a role."
« Last Edit: 08/11/2009 18:45:38 by Madidus_Scientia »

Offline Joe L. Ogan

• View Profile
I do not remember where I read that.  I have tried to find where it was with no luck.  But I have gone to the Climatological Forum, these are the real experts in this area, and I have changed my opinion.  One has to respect the opinion of professionals.  Climatologists are the experts in this area.  I find that 97% of them believe in Global Warming and that mankind is responsible for some of it.  I am convinced that we must try to do something about it.  Thanks for your help.  Regards, Joe L. Ogan
« Last Edit: 09/11/2009 02:42:36 by Joe L. Ogan »

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums