The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Attraction in relation to appearance  (Read 49061 times)

Offline elegantlywasted

• View Profile
    • Deviant Art
Attraction in relation to appearance
« Reply #50 on: 07/05/2007 16:51:22 »
I have taken a year of Pre-Health sciences, which is Pre-Med for all of you non Canadians. Within that year I studied human sexuality, human growth and development, as well as anatomy and physiology. I am currently enrolled in a photography and film studies program.

Offline Ben6789

• And then there were none.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 07/05/2007 16:51:34 »
Hey, man my connections could help out on your date if you ask her out!

jolly

« Reply #52 on: 07/05/2007 16:55:22 »
Well Rosy's not interested- What do you think wasted Do you like line dancing?

Offline elegantlywasted

• View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #53 on: 07/05/2007 17:00:10 »
Is that question directed at me?

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 07/05/2007 17:03:49 »
I believe it was!!! LOL

Offline elegantlywasted

• View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #55 on: 07/05/2007 17:09:00 »
Well, I thought we were discussing what people find physically attractive, but yes I do like line dancing.

jolly

« Reply #56 on: 07/05/2007 17:09:39 »
Really?

Do you also like cheese, go karting and shooting cats?

Offline elegantlywasted

• View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #57 on: 07/05/2007 17:11:22 »
Umm no, yes, and definalty not...as for linedancing yes, my friends and I occasionally take lessons on wednesdays, and thursday night is usually spent at a local country bar.

jolly

« Reply #58 on: 07/05/2007 17:12:48 »
Well it's 2 out of four. I mean Rosy was terrible but you maybe the one for me ::)

I think you'll like me I look like Big Foot!
« Last Edit: 07/05/2007 17:16:48 by jolly »

jolly

« Reply #59 on: 07/05/2007 20:14:38 »
Ele Please relax I am Joking!

Offline kdlynn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 08/05/2007 01:19:46 »
i think you are attracted to what you are programmed to consider healthy and strong. the whole point is reproduction right? makes sense to want to produce healthy kids

Offline elegantlywasted

• View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #61 on: 08/05/2007 05:21:06 »
Thank you kadie... that was my point!!! :) Glad somebody got it

another_someone

« Reply #62 on: 08/05/2007 13:51:47 »
It depends upon what you regard as 'healthy and strong'.  Social status is as much a relevant attractant as physiological health (rich men and politicians have no trouble finding someone to sleep with, no matter what their health situation - although it might be argued that physical health might also contribute to the development of social status, but there is not an exact correlation).

jolly

« Reply #63 on: 12/05/2007 02:04:46 »
Well you might consider yourself to be a simple game theory, gene robot, who is clearly programmed to find centain things attractive!

I do not consider that to be a reality!

You are free to find anything attractive, and while there are certainly genetic areas for attraction, personality, social constructs, beer, and many other things contribute!

At the end of the day you could like someone who go's against all your genetic belifs- Look at Danny Devito the guys a stud!

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 12/05/2007 02:23:39 »
Hi Jolly!

another_someone

« Reply #65 on: 12/05/2007 02:34:55 »
At the end of the day you could like someone who go's against all your genetic belifs- Look at Danny Devito the guys a stud!

Not sure where this information comes from.  He seems to have only been married once (and still married), and does not seem (as far as I can ascertain) to have had a long list of girlfriends.

That having been said, I am sure that is his choice, rather than a choice forced upon him; since I am sure he has more than enough money and status to be able to attract as many girls as he chooses.

paul.fr

« Reply #66 on: 12/05/2007 02:40:14 »

Not sure where this information comes from.  He seems to have only been married once (and still married), and does not seem (as far as I can ascertain) to have had a long list of girlfriends.

That having been said, I am sure that is his choice, rather than a choice forced upon him; since I am sure he has more than enough money and status to be able to attract as many girls as he chooses.

DeVito is married to actress Rhea Perlman, with whom he has three children. I think, he may actually love the woman!
Money and status are one thing, but he does not need them to attract women, if he has already found "the one".

Offline kdlynn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 12/05/2007 02:47:28 »
i think you just have to follow your intuition when you are looking for someone. whether we know it or not, we all know what we want!

another_someone

« Reply #68 on: 12/05/2007 02:59:38 »
i think you just have to follow your intuition when you are looking for someone. whether we know it or not, we all know what we want!

Maybe that is why I have remained single - I never trust my instincts - and the few occasions I have followed them, I found them seriously wanting in judgement.

Offline kdlynn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 12/05/2007 03:02:07 »
sometimes you get hurt. but you never know if it's the right person unless you try, right?

paul.fr

« Reply #70 on: 12/05/2007 03:03:40 »

Maybe that is why I have remained single - I never trust my instincts - and the few occasions I have followed them, I found them seriously wanting in judgement.

I go for looks, i don't care about personality or intellect. As long as she stands out in the crowd that's fine by me. Well, until she starts trying to get me to watch soap opera's!!! then it's time to move on.

Offline kdlynn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 12/05/2007 03:06:59 »
but wouldn't standing out in a crowd be a personality thing?

another_someone

« Reply #72 on: 12/05/2007 03:07:22 »
A friend of ours, a lesbian, introduced one of us to her new girlfriend. And this new girlfriend looked very masculine. Excuse my crudeness but she was butch. This raised the question, why be a lesbian if you are still attracted to a masculine physique?

What is meant in this case by saying she is a lesbian?

Do you mean that she was generally attracted to women, or that she was in this case attracted to this woman?

Was she maybe bi?

Alternatively, did she have a problem with men in some other way - liked someone who looked a bit masculine, but could not get on with men is some way other than appearance?

paul.fr

« Reply #73 on: 12/05/2007 03:09:25 »
but wouldn't standing out in a crowd be a personality thing?

No. if she is just stood there, on your arm how would anyone know her personality? They would only know that she looked good!  ;)

another_someone

« Reply #74 on: 12/05/2007 03:14:29 »
I go for looks, i don't care about personality or intellect. As long as she stands out in the crowd that's fine by me.

This, to be honest, given what you said about food and visual appeal, does not surprise me at all.  You are clearly strongly affected by visual appeal.

There is only one aspect of visual appeal that realy has a significant impact on me and that is rithym - this applies also to rithym of voice, but also to rithym of movement.

But, to be fair, I find that the things that attract me to a woman when I first meet her will bore me by the time I get to know her - by then, I had better be able to find something more to hold my interest.

I also sometimes am actually wary of girls who are too attractive - I often take the view that if they are that good looking they have never really had to work at a relationship, or at much else, because they will just have men falling over themselves to do everything for her.  That kind of woman really is someone I would rather stay away from.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #74 on: 12/05/2007 03:14:29 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums