The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Can paternity test's be done from home?  (Read 2394 times)

aldenjones

Can paternity test's be done from home?
« on: 17/11/2009 07:49:08 »
My friend ordered from a website a special kit for DNA testing at home. He took his own samples and they were sent to the laboratory. He received the results of his paternity test in five days. He said that the service was very satisfying and that the results are very precise and the company promises full confidentiality. I find it very interesting that a DNA test is doable at home these days.But how accurate and reliable are these kinds of tests?

Mod edit - link removed
« Last Edit: 23/11/2009 08:59:54 by chris »

Offline Don_1

• Neilep Level Member
  • A stupid comment for every occasion.
    • View Profile
    • Knight Light Haulage
Re: Can paternity test's be done from home?
« Reply #1 on: 17/11/2009 09:06:32 »
Perhaps you should try a DNA test also, methinks you might find yourself related to this:

Offline JnA

• Neilep Level Member
  • Stunt Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17/11/2009 09:43:23 »
I find it very interesting that a DNA test is doable at home these days.But how accurate and reliable are these kinds of tests?

to be fair the test isn't 'done at home' the collection of cells is (which is as simple as swabbing the inside of you cheek) and then sent off for the testing to be done in the lab.
They claim a high accuracy rating, but you'd need a sample form both parties to make any sort of comparison, since a DNA test of one on its own is really no more than a pretty picture.

PS I realise this is probably spam but maybe someone will be interested in the information.
« Last Edit: 17/11/2009 09:45:17 by JnA »

Offline Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17/11/2009 18:57:41 »
I suspect Aden Jones will be related to the person who was going to stop by and post about how good  "ACME PATERNITY TESTING"* were and add another link to their website.

* please not this is a made-up name.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #3 on: 17/11/2009 18:57:41 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums