The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Can we build a new Reality Theory?  (Read 21290 times)

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
Re: Can we build a new Reality Theory?
« Reply #25 on: 18/11/2009 18:23:21 »
When you contribute so as to advance the state of the art of physics, you will always be contributing to someone else's work. We still stand on the shoulders of giants like Newton, Maxwell, Poincare, Lorentz, and even Einstein, though his assumption of variable space-time was wrong. His arithmetic correctly describes material distortions in flat space-time.

Kiran The King Kai

« Reply #26 on: 19/11/2009 01:57:04 »
When you contribute so as to advance the state of the art of physics, you will always be contributing to someone else's work. We still stand on the shoulders of giants like Newton, Maxwell, Poincare, Lorentz, and even Einstein, though his assumption of variable space-time was wrong. His arithmetic correctly describes material distortions in flat space-time.
I always looked by standing on the shoulder of giants.WOW these giants really give me a clear view of how cool the world of physics really is ..!!

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #27 on: 19/11/2009 03:36:12 »
The neat thing is that when we study these giants of physical reality and understand their discoveries, we can then advance the understanding a little further. But we are on the fringes. There is an unlimited variety of paths to the future. One of those represents reality; the unlimited amount of others represent false starts.

We plod along making mostly false starts. Then we back up and try another path. After thousands of such we gain insight into what is real in nature.

Offline Mr. Scientist

• Neilep Level Member
  • http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=profile&
    • View Profile
    • Time Theory
« Reply #28 on: 19/11/2009 06:38:18 »
But hopefully when myself and Vern finalize a theory we can agree on, academic publishing will not be a problem.
What ?
you both are working together ?
If I were to be a Physicist I would never work with other LOL.
I don't like to share the ideas esp. Physics !
don't take it personal.
but I am talking about myself !

We differ in some of our views, but this could be cleverly orchestrated when written down, as point where we agree and where we have suspicions on each others contentions, whether mathematical or not.

Offline Mr. Scientist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Time Theory
« Reply #29 on: 19/11/2009 06:39:13 »
Mr. Scientist and I have different views. However we can contribute to a combined effort. Schrodinger hated Quantum theory and thought it was completely irrational, but he contributed much to it.
Well, I love team work too..
But it might suit for you guys but Not me .. I always remain lonely.
Good luck Bro's of Physics !

Thnks.

Kiran The King Kai

« Reply #30 on: 19/11/2009 09:48:48 »
The neat thing is that when we study these giants of physical reality and understand their discoveries, we can then advance the understanding a little further. But we are on the fringes. There is an unlimited variety of paths to the future. One of those represents reality; the unlimited amount of others represent false starts.

We plod along making mostly false starts. Then we back up and try another path. After thousands of such we gain insight into what is real in nature.
Have you guys met each other in real ?
How can you trust a person from online ?
I know its subject but How do you know each other ?
Just asking !!

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #31 on: 19/11/2009 10:49:34 »
What is to trust? I suspect there is no secret knowledge that one might stumble upon like finding a bag of gold so that it must be secreted lest it be stolen. Discovery, in physics, is open; there is no secret. We all openly discuss how we see nature's rules. Most of the time we are wrong. Sometimes we make enough sense that others agree for a while; usually even the agreed upon ideas must be abandoned for newer ones that make more sense.

Kiran The King Kai

« Reply #32 on: 19/11/2009 11:10:23 »
What is to trust? I suspect there is no secret knowledge that one might stumble upon like finding a bag of gold so that it must be secreted lest it be stolen. Discovery, in physics, is open; there is no secret. We all openly discuss how we see nature's rules. Most of the time we are wrong. Sometimes we make enough sense that others agree for a while; usually even the agreed upon ideas must be abandoned for newer ones that make more sense.

All the time I am talking about me .. PLEASE don't take it personal.
Ok !
so,
What do you think about real life of Lise Meitner and Otto Hahn ?
Hahn copied ! meitner's theories and got credit to Hahn !!
Both worked as a team ! but, due to Hitler Meitner got to leave German.
All the data than copied by Hahn !!
in fact all work was done and discovered by Meitner. She used to send all calculations to Hahn through letters.
so, finally Hahn cheated and gave credit to himself for all team work.

Ok I am not talking about you guys I am talking about my self.
History thought me !

In 1944, Hahn received the Nobel Prize for Chemistry for the discovery of nuclear fission. Some historians who have documented the history of the discovery of nuclear fission believe Meitner should have been awarded the Nobel Prize with Hahn

« Last Edit: 19/11/2009 11:15:31 by Kiran The King Kai »

Kiran The King Kai

« Reply #33 on: 19/11/2009 11:11:56 »
Mr. Scientist and I have different views. However we can contribute to a combined effort. Schrodinger hated Quantum theory and thought it was completely irrational, but he contributed much to it.

Thnks.
Mr.scientist don't take it too personal what I said but it was always about me.
Have you met each other ?

Kiran The King Kai

« Reply #34 on: 19/11/2009 11:20:04 »
After the war, Meitner, while acknowledging her own moral failing in staying in Germany from 1933 to 1938, was bitterly critical of Hahn and other German scientists who had collaborated with the Nazis and done nothing to protest against the crimes of Hitler's regime. Referring to the leading German scientist Werner Heisenberg, she said: "Heisenberg and many millions with him should be forced to see these camps and the martyred people." She wrote to Hahn:
Meitner's Grave in Bramley

"You all worked for Nazi Germany. And you tried to offer only a passive resistance. Certainly, to buy off your conscience you helped here and there a persecuted person, but millions of innocent human beings were allowed to be murdered without any kind of protest being uttered ... [it is said that] first you betrayed your friends, then your children in that you let them stake their lives on a criminal war and finally that you betrayed Germany itself, because when the war was already quite hopeless, you did not once arm yourselves against the senseless destruction of Germany."[16]

Meitner and Hahn were lifelong friends.[17]

Meitner became a Swedish citizen in 1949, but moved to Britain in 1960 and died in Cambridge in 1968, shortly before her 90th birthday.[1] As was her wish, she was buried in the village of Bramley in Hampshire, at St. James parish church, close to her younger brother Walter, who had died in 1964. Her nephew Otto Robert Frisch composed the inscription on her headstone. It reads "Lise Meitner: a physicist who never lost her humanity."

According to the psychologist David Keirsey, she was an intj[18], a set of people who have the least emotional, most rational personalities.

Kiran The King Kai

« Reply #35 on: 19/11/2009 11:21:35 »
Vern and mr.scientist I know only you guys in this forum.
could you guys plz help me in choosing my physics career ??

http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=26830.0;topicseen

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #36 on: 19/11/2009 12:07:59 »
By now you must know of my distaste for Quantum theory, including M and String. I consider them to be ridiculously stupid at their foundation. However you will have to study them; you can only avoid reaching the same conclusion as I by accepting magic as reality. Energy transforms to mass by magic, for example. The magic of virtual particles pops up and saves the theory, for example. Observation magically causes wave function collapse to bring a superimposed state into reality, for example.

So I would say, learn it well, but know that it is not what is real in the universe. But we welcome you to contribute to what can possibly be real in the universe. So far we have:

Postulate: The final irreducible constituent of all physical reality is the electromagnetic field.

and

Postulate: Space and time are invariant.

Now, you can add a contender for another postulate, or you can speculate about nature within the two postulates. We have so far, that these two postulates alone demand all relativity phenomena including time dilation.
« Last Edit: 19/11/2009 12:38:27 by Vern »

Offline Mr. Scientist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Time Theory
« Reply #37 on: 19/11/2009 12:13:35 »

Thnks.
Mr.scientist don't take it too personal what I said but it was always about me.
Have you met each other ?

Personal? I think you're a sound guy.

Don't get paranoid friend :L)

Offline Mr. Scientist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Time Theory
« Reply #38 on: 19/11/2009 12:15:19 »
Would you like to be part of this? I know you could create the diagrams for both my own and verns contentions...

...Oh God, i do hope me and vern see eye to concerning the gravitational charge-need in this theory he has advocated for many years :) He's a good guy too. Very patient.

Offline Mr. Scientist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Time Theory
« Reply #39 on: 19/11/2009 12:18:31 »
Vern and mr.scientist I know only you guys in this forum.
could you guys plz help me in choosing my physics career ??

http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=26830.0;topicseen

This is a choice that depends soley on what your own preferences are. If you know you have excelled in area's where you think devolopment is required, then you have made a more wiser choice, than to base it on ideologies from other who's methods and understandings maybe antiquated and synonymously weak.

So - dependance and help can have a fine blue line. This is my advice :) Do what feels right, not what necesserily others may contend.

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #40 on: 19/11/2009 12:28:07 »
Would you like to be part of this? I know you could create the diagrams for both my own and verns contentions...

...Oh God, i do hope me and vern see eye to concerning the gravitational charge-need in this theory he has advocated for many years :) He's a good guy too. Very patient.

It is difficult for me to get a clear view of the gravity charge you propose. It was about twenty years into searching for what could possibly cause the phenomena of gravity that I realized that the extended fields of a photon would be too weak to react with matter.

Then I realized that if this were so, and the electric and magnetic amplitude of photons is a constant, the diminished photon fields would contribute to that saturation amplitude. The result would be gravitational phenomena.

Now, although the arithmetic demands it, I have yet to see anyone offer confirmation of my contention that photons exist as saturated points of electric and magnetic amplitude.

Offline Mr. Scientist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Time Theory
« Reply #41 on: 19/11/2009 12:34:30 »

It is difficult for me to get a clear view of the gravity charge you propose. It was about twenty years into searching for what could possibly cause the phenomena of gravity that I realized that the extended fields of a photon would be too weak to react with matter.

Then I realized that if this were so, and the electric and magnetic amplitude of photons is a constant, the diminished photon fields would contribute to that saturation amplitude. The result would be gravitational phenomena.

Now, although the arithmetic demands it, I have yet to see anyone offer confirmation of my contention that photons exist as saturated points of electric and magnetic amplitude.

If you could vern, could you amplify the things which make it difficult so i may answer them as honestly as possible, because there is nothing worse than being confused.

Quick example/ it took me a year top comprehend your electromagnetical cycle componants of the photon... :)

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #42 on: 19/11/2009 12:44:12 »
I guess I have trouble keeping pieces of the puzzle in mind while going through long paragraphs that don't directly contribute to the puzzle.

We need the notion condensed to a concise paragraph. I can search back through your postings and see if I can do that, or you might try. :)

Offline Mr. Scientist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Time Theory
« Reply #43 on: 19/11/2009 12:55:01 »
Well, straight off the top of my mind the bolded parts can be given an explanation to hopefully satisfy this:

It was about twenty years into searching for what could possibly cause the phenomena of gravity that I realized that the extended fields of a photon would be too weak to react with matter

Not if it has a gravitational couping, which was why, inexorably, i invited it into your interesting curved hypothesis.

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #44 on: 19/11/2009 13:08:11 »
I couldn't connect the bolded text with your gravity charge notion. As I recall, you proposed a magnetic monopole as the gravitational charge. That part did not sink in for me.

Offline Mr. Scientist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Time Theory
« Reply #45 on: 19/11/2009 13:21:17 »
I couldn't connect the bolded text with your gravity charge notion. As I recall, you proposed a magnetic monopole as the gravitational charge. That part did not sink in for me.

HGi vern again_ lol

Basically you agree a photon produces a gravitational field?

Kiran The King Kai

« Reply #46 on: 19/11/2009 16:16:19 »
photon produces a gravitational field?

guys where are you >?<

What light got to do with gravity ?

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #47 on: 19/11/2009 17:23:52 »

HGi vern again_ lol

Yes; and I proposed the mechanism for that.

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #48 on: 19/11/2009 17:27:17 »
Quote from: Kiran The King Kai
What light got to do with gravity ?

Light, as in the electromagnetic field, is the only source of gravity in a photon-only universe.

Light is one of multiple different sources of gravity in currently accepted theory.

Offline Mr. Scientist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Time Theory
« Reply #49 on: 20/11/2009 01:53:49 »

Yes; and I proposed the mechanism for that.
Cool - because that means in an elementary-sense that we actually do agree on the use of gravito-EM relationships. We have very little idea's actually  which clash. :)
HGi vern again_ lol

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #49 on: 20/11/2009 01:53:49 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length