The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Distinction between female orgasm types?  (Read 3909 times)

Offline Grimpeur

• First timers
    • View Profile
Distinction between female orgasm types?
« on: 25/09/2005 15:26:50 »
Hi everyone,
I guess I am looking for a female opinion on this one, but anyone who can shed light on the subject is urged to respond!
As a guy, I was chatting to some female friends (not sexual partners) over the weekend, and they were of the opinion that all orgasms felt the same, be they vaginal, clitoral, or other (if any others actually exist).
Is this really the case?  I have never really discussed it with previous partners but I have always understood that there is a distinction, and that it is possible to achieve both at the same time... but now I am starting to think that I am getting confused with simultaneous orgasm, ie both partners hitting it at the same time, rather than a woman having two to herself at once.
I have always thought it was common knowledge that women could achieve something climatically that was physically impossible for men to achieve - and I thought that was achieving 2 types of orgasm at once.  But if that is wrong, on the basis that men CAN have multiple (sequential) orgasms, and by definition can have simultaneous orgasm with their partner, that what is it that women can have, that men can't???
If I am correct in my thoughts, then there are a few more questions - can they be detected by the woman and if so how do they differ? how common are they and how are they achieved?
I'm single right now so do not have a partner to discuss with... would be good to get my facts straight before my next relationship.
Cheers,
Graham.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
Re: Distinction between female orgasm types?
« Reply #1 on: 25/09/2005 15:32:44 »
Hi Graham,

Welcome to the site....befor you start getting answers I thought you might be interested in this thread.

cheers  Neil

http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/topic.asp?topic_id=2001

Men are the same as women.... just inside out !!

Offline Grimpeur

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25/09/2005 15:46:36 »
Hi Neil - thanks for the welcome, and thanks for the link!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25/09/2005 16:53:13 »
Your welcome Graham,

I must warn you....you have to exercise patience here sometimes , so your answers may take a little while...in the mean time...browse around...if you have any other questions just ask them, or if you have answers..they will be great too.

cheers

Neil

Men are the same as women.... just inside out !!

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #3 on: 25/09/2005 16:53:13 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums