The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Poll

Online friendship is FAKE. Do you agree ? (A survey)

Yes
1 (5%)
No
17 (85%)
can't say ?
2 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Online friendship is NOT Fake. OK You won People (Fact)  (Read 18814 times)

Offline Dimi

• Prone to rambling
    • View Profile
Re: Online friendship is NOT Fake. OK You won People (Fact)
« Reply #50 on: 24/11/2009 22:05:36 »
Heres my answer:

3 pounds of flax!

ScientificBoyZClub

« Reply #51 on: 25/11/2009 01:50:07 »
Heres my answer:

3 pounds of flax!
what do you mean ?

ScientificBoyZClub

« Reply #52 on: 25/11/2009 01:58:02 »
I still think we are all ScientificBoyZClub lab rats.
The longer we keep this going the more he likes it.

He would never admit to having a friend one way or the other and we never know if he was telling the truth.

So what's the point of playing his game if not to feed his ego?

This is still a wast of time.

stop feeding his ego its to big already  :P

I don't want to mess with you OK.
there is a reason why I posted this.

try to understand. you talk lot a like omid LOL

and you talk about inspiring people.
is this the way you do ?
I will remove this post if people don't like to rep;y on it.
if you don't want to reply .. reply to other post why mine ?

HAve fun man !
you are making your self to be my lab rat not me LOL!
« Last Edit: 26/11/2009 02:59:01 by ScientificBoyZClub »

ScientificBoyZClub

« Reply #53 on: 25/11/2009 01:59:39 »
I still think we are all ScientificBoyZClub lab rats.
The longer we keep this going the more he likes it.

He would never admit to having a friend one way or the other and we never know if he was telling the truth.

So what's the point of playing his game if not to feed his ego?

This is still a wast of time.

stop feeding his ego its to big already  :P

Thank you Hadrian!!!!!!!! :)

omid was just about to post that :D
and you omid.
he posted it for two times.
OK !

ScientificBoyZClub

« Reply #54 on: 25/11/2009 02:02:54 »
People who are blind never see anyone's face, yet it does not stop them from making friends.

How do you find out the background of someone in person? By talking to them. Why can't the same be done online?
Cos they will give you fake information.
A blind person my not make online friends.
cos he/she can't chat online.
A blind person is not as much as fool as people involve themselves in online.

I wasn't talking about blind people making online friends, I meant in person. They can't see. And you asked how can one be friends with someone they haven't seen. By your logic wouldn't blind people be unable to have friends?

And what stops someone you meet in person giving you fake information? Do you think everyone on the internet has the agenda of giving everyone they meet false information?

Why does it matter to know the background of a person anyway? You can still have rewarding conversations with people whos background you don't know.

The way you get to know any person, whether online or not, is through communication. You can communicate through the internet... so I really can't understand why you think you can't get to know someone online.

Does any one in web is ready to help you when you get hard times ?

The friends I have that I know only through the internet have indeed helped me to get through some tough emotional times in the past. Not only that, but one has lent me money when I was in a bind once. He trusted me completely to pay him back and i'd trust him too if he ever needed help.

how you guys get friends?

For starters, you might try avoiding calling potential friends fools and telling us we're all wasting time for having friends, that our friends are useless, and that you feel sorry for us. I would be offended if I wasn't busy feeling sorry for you.

You wast time in

Celebrations
Parties
Weekends
alll

I never attended above all that social groups meet together.
NOTHING ...
I don't know any thing about this......

YOU guys are so desired to move on with this stupid online culture.
You guys seek for friends which is useless ..

The brutal truth is there's probably reasons you have no friends, telling people the most enjoyable part of our lives is useless may be the latest on the list. I think you need a change of additude, or proper psychiatric help.
No I don't need any psychiatric help.
cos I think like them and I know what they say ....

I am sorry if this post hurts your feelings.

ScientificBoyZClub

« Reply #55 on: 25/11/2009 02:22:23 »
I am sorry for everyone for hurting you through this post.

I meant in other way.

you did not get it.

SORRY UNKNOWN PEOPLE !

Offline Dimi

• Prone to rambling
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 25/11/2009 21:51:40 »
Heres my answer:

3 pounds of flax!
what do you mean ?

What would you give to understand that meaning? :)

Offline Dimi

• Prone to rambling
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 25/11/2009 23:56:20 »
Bravo!

ScientificBoyZClub

« Reply #58 on: 26/11/2009 02:38:38 »
The Internet is a different form of communication.  Some people have grown accustomed to it, others have not.  Let's look at other forms of [artificial] communication to which people have grown accustomed.

So often people on the phone will say, "Oh, it's good to hear your voice". However, they are actually hearing a reproduction of the person's voice.  It's not real over the phone, it's "phoney" (get it?).  Yet, it's very real in the sense that we can hold a spontaneous conversation with the other person.  It's as though the person was "right in front of us".

How often do people point to a photo and say, that's my husband/wife/mother/father/son/daughter/etc.  But it's not.  It's a piece of paper with an image.  Someone from the jungle might think, "Hmm, this person thinks that their mother is this piece of paper that I take into my hands, tear in two and throw into the fire."  Conversely, we hear about primitive cultures who shun being photographed because they think the camera captures their soul.  Well, doesn't it?  So many people have looked at a photo of a loved one who's far away or passesd on and they have openly wept? Certainly photos have captured something of people.

So many people are excited, encouraged, saddened, etc by the movies and TV shows that we watch.  And yet, these things are totally fake, and we know it, yet it cannot help but stir our natural emotions when we expose ourselves to them.  Consider the profound effects caused by pronography.

The Internet is a very abstract medium.  It is mostly digitalized so, who knows, you or I or anyone else might acutally be a highly sophisticated computer program. 

Remember, no one knows you're a dog on the Internet.
Well you are incorrect man.
Why did you call me a dog ?
I never bark like dog ?? some kind of innocent carnivora ???

How dare you to call me like that ? Insulting a person is easy....

have a look at your self where you stand.
I might be underdog. but not a bog who use or bark bad words like you laymans do.

Insult what ever you want ... say what ever you want to I don't become that..
I know what I am ...
You have desire lot of friendship desire in this internet.
for explaining 2d images and reproduced voice of Electromagnetic principle (When the electrical current flowing through the voice coil changes direction, the coil's polar orientation reverses. This changes the magnetic forces between the voice coil and the permanent magnet, moving the coil and attached diaphragm back and forth)  2d images and voice is really foolish concept of yours.

this is only we got to communicate.

you have discovered that you are dave someday ask your self find your self or you might become DiscoverDog LOL

if you don't want to reply don't reply .

STOP fooling your self calling a good UNIQUE person as a dog on Internet.

IF I call you a pig on internet how would you feel ?

« Last Edit: 26/11/2009 03:07:35 by ScientificBoyZClub »

ScientificBoyZClub

« Reply #59 on: 26/11/2009 02:40:07 »
Bravo!
Dimi..

I never had a friend OK and stop making FUN of me.
I don't even know how it feels like...
I already told sorry to all ..!!

have fun with your friends.

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 26/11/2009 03:09:09 »
Kiran dave was not calling you a dog ...
What he meant was that When someone is on the internet be them naughty or nice.. naughty being a "DOG" then the internet gives them the protection of hiding all those flaws which are the true parts of themselves that some people prefer to not show others on the net.. not that you were a dog!

In this reference dog refers to kind of the sexual intent of a man.. you know.. to seek out fun sex.. play, flirting etc... one tract mind kinda thing.. when it comes to playful sexual incounters etc...I think it is not souly defined to sex but do you get what I mean?

People like the anoniminity, or cloak and dagger, part of the internet.. they can be who they want and hide the parts of themselves which would normally be hard to hide face to face...

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 26/11/2009 03:13:44 »
They can role play taking on any character of their choosing.. they can be happy go lucky or sad and forlorn... they can be whoever they are not or even the best of who they really are.. which is nice..Frankly I see this every day here in this forum, and many other places as well.
You just need to worry about you and the you you wish people to know! I choose to be myself it suits me best.

ScientificBoyZClub

« Reply #62 on: 26/11/2009 03:16:44 »
Kiran dave was not calling you a dog ...
What he meant was that When someone is on the internet be them naughty or nice.. naughty being a "DOG" then the internet gives them the protection of hiding all those flaws which are the true parts of themselves that some people prefer to not show others on the net.. not that you were a dog!

In this reference dog refers to kind of the sexual intent of a man.. you know.. to seek out fun sex.. play, flirting etc... one tract mind kinda thing.. when it comes to playful sexual incounters etc...I think it is not souly defined to sex but do you get what I mean?

People like the anoniminity, or cloak and dagger, part of the internet.. they can be who they want and hide the parts of themselves which would normally be hard to hide face to face...
Why ? i am unable to understand what you are saying ??
Why would I do that ??

I am Indian.
I am not like the others.
I am truthful.

HE IS THE JERK who is that kind of DOG on Internet !!!!

i am not.
We Indians were Thought how to live on this Planet.
How to respect elders.
How to look at women with respective way.
and We were never thought like western cultures.

ASK THE STUPID DiscoverDAVE learn about INDIAN culture and talk to the people from India.

The FACT is I never spoke to a women out side other than my mother and sister in MY LIFE.

THIS IS THE FACT OK.
AND HOW DARE HE WOULD BRING CONCEPT OF ADULT THINGS ??
I am thinking to Become MONK or Celibate and How DARE HE ???
« Last Edit: 26/11/2009 03:20:17 by ScientificBoyZClub »

ScientificBoyZClub

« Reply #63 on: 26/11/2009 04:04:59 »
To Mr.DiscoverDave,

After you die. If your god Jesus exist ask him or your own religion god.

What kind of person is Kiran ?

and god will reply you and you will be surprised.
GOT it ...

that's the only way.. and other way is IF you want call or contact MY COLLEGE people and KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT ME !!
this is me http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=26969.0;topicseen

ask my parents and people around me ...
ASK ANY ONE EVEN ONLINE COPS.
THE RESULT IS ALWAYS GOOD UNLIKE YOU.

and I am not. your GOD will never forgive you for blaming or suspecting a GOOD person !!

GOT IT !!

YOU jerks marry and do all the stuff and bring that adult stuff to me and suspect me doing that.
YOU JERKS DO ALL THE STUFF AND SUSPECT ALL GOOD PEOPLE HERE.

I AM LIKE A MONK and I MADE MY MIND THAT I AM WILL BE CELIBATE.
THE DAY WILL COME THAT YOU WILL BE JEALOUS OF ME.

SAY WHAT EVER YOU WANT.

A PURE MIND IS ALWAYS PURE.
IMPURE MIND LIKE YOU THINK ALWAYS NEGATIVE.

I POST THIS COS IT IS BASED ON REAL EVENTS CAUSED TO REAL PEOPLE.
« Last Edit: 26/11/2009 04:08:06 by ScientificBoyZClub »

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 26/11/2009 04:32:52 »
CUTE PICCY!

ScientificBoyZClub

« Reply #65 on: 26/11/2009 06:51:43 »
I don't know what you guys are up to ??
karen says something and Dave said something ??

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 26/11/2009 07:44:22 »
Dave explained it very well, better then I could.. no body thinks you are a dog! Nobody thinks you are a bad man. Nobody thinks you have done anything bad.. You are misunderstanding us. OK?

It is just this language barrier.

For you, you are not used to  or familiar with our English references and sayings. They are far less literal in our language, then in yours. They mean different things.

Speaking the language, and understanding it, are different things. It takes much time to be able to interpret our slangs, and different sayings that are used to describe certain things.

Kiran If you are not sure what some one means then ask. Dave was not insulting you at all!

I fear my explanation of the term "Dog" was a poor example, but Dave explained it better. Okay?

I fully respect your culture! I must say that it is complicated to translate things that seem terrible to you, but are in actuality just simple slangs to us.

I understand you have had little to no experience in social skills as you have stated, but, this is an opportunity for you to learn the needed skills for you to be able to understand a society different then your own.

You have great potential and are a good person. Please try not to think that everyone is out to think you are bad, or anything like that because its just not true!

I understand when you say that being lonesome has given you the opportunity to look deeper into yourself, and to fill your mind with knowledge of science and the things you love. This is a good way to spend alone time. You will continue to be a good person.

Being social and making friends isn't easy. When you speak to me in messages you are being social. Then telling me about yourself, and teaching me about your beliefs, and sharing your thoughts with me or others are all good ways to be a friend.

It is not necessary to become obsessed with the friend thing. Some people prefer acquaintances, and distant friendships because they are easier to maintain. Others want more personal face to face friendships. Do you understand?

If science and such make you happy, and fill your heart with all the emotional feelings you need to feel like a whole person, then thats cool, but if your heart desires a friend then you should make friends by talking to others and sharing your interests with someone who is mutually happy to share theirs with you.
Its as simple and as plain as that.
« Last Edit: 26/11/2009 08:06:55 by Karen W. »

Offline omid

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 26/11/2009 07:48:21 »
"Nobody knows you're a dog on the Internet" is a funny cartoon that's been around for years, which is shown below.  It has nothing to do with calling anyone a dog.  It has to do with the fact that a person's identity can be totally unknown on the Internet.  A person can claim to be a retired used car salesman in South Africa, but could actually be a 10-year-old girl in New York City.  I think the word play on "dog" is in regards to sexual attractiveness.  Someone claims to be beautiful/handsome and posts a photo of someone else who is beautiful/handsome in hopes of attracting someone's romantic interest.

This thing is more than 15 years old.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Internet,_nobody_knows_you%27re_a_dog

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online_identity

Forget it DiscoverDave!!! :-X
He'll never understand what you mean so why you wasting your time? [xx(]

ScientificBoyZClub

« Reply #68 on: 26/11/2009 08:18:33 »
How far you understood Omid ??

ScientificBoyZClub

« Reply #69 on: 26/11/2009 14:05:32 »
Ok you guys won.
I lost OK.

ScientificBoyZClub

« Reply #70 on: 26/11/2009 14:06:20 »
i just wanted to know how many people are so obsessed with this online friendship.

Offline BenV

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 26/11/2009 14:25:19 »
i just wanted to know how many people are so obsessed with this online friendship.

I don't think we are.  You're the one who keeps bringing it up.

ScientificBoyZClub

Online friendship is NOT Fake. OK You won People (Fact)
« Reply #72 on: 26/11/2009 14:26:30 »

I don't think we are.  You're the one who keeps bringing it up.
Ok sorry Mr.BenV

ScientificBoyZClub

« Reply #73 on: 26/11/2009 14:33:56 »

I don't know if people are obsessed with it, but I think many people accept online "neighbors" as readily as they accept real-life next-door neighbors.  Then there's the newness and uniqueness of these relationships ... learning about other peoples, other cultures, other thoughts, etc without having to travel half way around the world.
I am sorry Mr.Dave for misunderstanding.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 26/11/2009 14:35:08 »
You're not a dog but I am defintely a sheepie.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #74 on: 26/11/2009 14:35:08 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length