The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Do monopoles exists in their own gravity?  (Read 4011 times)

Offline Butterworthd

• View Profile
Do monopoles exists in their own gravity?
« on: 23/11/2009 16:26:58 »
Our current thoughts are that monopoles do not exist however Maxwell left room in his equations for monopoles.  Since Electrical and Magnetic influences are perpendicular to each other it makes sense to speculate that monopole based particles exists within their own gravity fields different than electrical based particles gravity field.
Question: Has anyone generated any thoughts or papers on this?

My theory on subspaces has open the door for this. 
I have a developed a different model of an elementary particle than the current quark particle model.  This model is using spinning subspaces.  I am giving away downloads of the two books I developed describing this model at newbielink:http://stores.lulu.com/walkerdb [nonactive]

Offline Mr. Scientist

• Neilep Level Member
  • http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=profile&
    • View Profile
    • Time Theory
« Reply #1 on: 24/11/2009 09:37:43 »
Our current thoughts are that monopoles do not exist however Maxwell left room in his equations for monopoles.  Since Electrical and Magnetic influences are perpendicular to each other it makes sense to speculate that monopole based particles exists within their own gravity fields different than electrical based particles gravity field.
Question: Has anyone generated any thoughts or papers on this?

My theory on subspaces has open the door for this. 
I have a developed a different model of an elementary particle than the current quark particle model.  This model is using spinning subspaces.  I am giving away downloads of the two books I developed describing this model at http://stores.lulu.com/walkerdb

Ironically, i have recently intended to assume that monopoles are actually ''consumed'' by gravitons. I know it differs slightly, but i thought it was ironic.

Offline yor_on

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • (Ah, yes:) *a table is always good to hide under*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09/01/2010 14:26:27 »
Our current thoughts are that monopoles do not exist...

No, that is not correct. Look here. and then here.

So? What is 'spin'?

--------

You can also read This one from 2007

"Magnetic monopoles are hypothetical particles proposed by physicists that carry a single magnetic pole, either a magnetic north pole or south pole. In the material world this is quite exceptional because magnetic particles are usually observed as dipoles, north and south combined. However there are several theories that predict the existence of monopoles. Among others, in 1931 the physicist Paul Dirac was led by his calculations to the conclusion that magnetic monopoles can exist at the end of tubes called Dirac strings that carry magnetic field. Until now they have remained undetected."

Better point out that those 'strings' have, as far as I know, nothing to do with 'string theory' Magnetic Monopoles Detected In A Real Magnet For The First Time. from 2009.
« Last Edit: 09/01/2010 14:46:12 by yor_on »

Offline Farsight

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12/01/2010 16:55:44 »
Don't get too excited about magnetic monopoles, yor-on. We're dealing with an electromagnetic field. When you have no relative motion with respect to a charged particle such as an electron, you see this electromagnetic field as an electric field. When you do have relative motion, you see it as a magnetic field. There's only one field and two forces. Check out some of Maxwell's original papers, or Minkowski's Space and Time:

"Then in the description of the field produced by the electron we see that the separation of the field into electric and magnetic force is a relative one with regard to the underlying time axis; the most perspicious way of describing the two forces together is on a certain analogy with the wrench in mechanics, though the analogy is not complete".

Since the electron exhibits an electromagnetic field, it's charge is an "electromagnetic charge", not an electric charge. Thus IMHO it's a mistake to go searching for magnetic charge and monopoles as some kind of fundamental particles. But see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halbach_array. It's a contrivance that is fairly close to a one-pole magnet.   
« Last Edit: 12/01/2010 16:57:50 by Farsight »

Offline yor_on

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • (Ah, yes:) *a table is always good to hide under*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14/01/2010 21:45:33 »
I'm not excited, as far as I know?
But I do think the statement that there exist magnetic monopoles gives a new spin to spin :)

As for electromagnetic fields?
Yes? And?

"the electron exhibits an electromagnetic field"
And?

So what do you see as 'spin' then?

Offline jsaldea12

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15/01/2010 06:48:37 »

Magnetic monopole does not, cannot and will never exist. No matter what accelerators (like LHC) will do, always quarks, and subdivided? will be in colored positive and negative.Even in blackholes and neutron stars, such opposite poles are indestruticble. Both poles can intersect into one but the opposite poles are never lost. Manifestation into matter inherently are in pair..opposite pair, positive and negative.

jsaldea12

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #5 on: 15/01/2010 06:48:37 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums