The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: A weapon detector; how do companies get away with selling this?  (Read 16770 times)

Offline dlorde

• Neilep Level Member
  • ex human-biologist & software developer
    • View Profile
Of course, many bombers blow themselves up, so they may not report their findings back to their buddies.
That doesn't matter. Their buddies will hear or see the explosion, or hear about it, and know the mission was 'successful'.

Offline AndroidNeox

• View Profile
It seems to me that, rather than the mules, we should use the directors of the company that makes the product. They can use their product to find a safe path if they like.

I like that. There used to be a tradition that the engineer who designed a train bridge would ride in the engine of the first train to pass over the bridge.

Offline CliffordK

• Neilep Level Member
  • Site Moderator
    • View Profile
Could you consider it as aiding the enemy at time of war,
Actions that would be prosecutable as treason.

Offline dlorde

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
It seems to me that, rather than the mules, we should use the directors of the company that makes the product. They can use their product to find a safe path if they like.

I like that. There used to be a tradition that the engineer who designed a train bridge would ride in the engine of the first train to pass over the bridge.
The same principle should apply to politicians - the welfare minister should live for 6 months on welfare, the transport minister should travel by public transport, etc. :)

Offline CliffordK

• Neilep Level Member
  • Site Moderator
    • View Profile
The same principle should apply to politicians - the welfare minister should live for 6 months on welfare, the transport minister should travel by public transport, etc. :)
I could do quite well with $200 a month in food stamps.  Especially if I could save them up in the summer when my food expenses drop.  However, one of the problems with "Food Stamps" is that food is much cheaper if one can buy in bulk and prepare one's own, something that is not possible for everyone.

Some have said that all politicians should have children in the army, so that they actually have something at stake when they choose to send troops into a foreign war.

Offline dlorde

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Some have said that all politicians should have children in the army, so that they actually have something at stake when they choose to send troops into a foreign war.
Fine - if the children want to go...

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums