The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Does Seed Placement In An Orange Follow A Pattern ?  (Read 2903 times)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
Dearest Sweeties Of High IQ Abundance,

As a sheepie I of course luff oranges, satsumas, tangerines, clementines and other orange froots. Ornage froots are my all time favourite froots that are coloured Orange.

As ewe can see from this picture below , seeds seem to be randomly generated in the froot !

Is this true ?....or....Do seeds in Oranges follow a definite pattern of where they are situated inside ?...they might look random but if we opened up a thousand oranges would we see a pattern forming ?

whajafink ?

hugs & shmishes

mwah mwah mwah !!

neil
Oranges and lemons
Say the bells of St Clements
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline Don_1

• Neilep Level Member
  • A stupid comment for every occasion.
    • View Profile
    • Knight Light Haulage
Does Seed Placement In An Orange Follow A Pattern ?
« Reply #1 on: 04/12/2009 06:13:05 »
Well, nobody answered this one oh great ovine one, its enough to give you the pip.

I don't think you'd find any pattern, they just seem to be random. Should you decide to do a little empirical study, I shall be glad to assist in the disposal of the frooty material. I just can't start the day without my glass of froot jooce.

Offline glovesforfoxes

• Matthew 6:21
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04/12/2009 06:51:34 »
There must be some pattern - look at how none of them are close to the skin of the orange. That suggests some order at least.

Bear in mind that for this experiment to be valid, you'd need to look at oranges from the same tree, or at least type of tree.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #2 on: 04/12/2009 06:51:34 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums