The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Humans shouldn't eat meat. Do you agree ?  (Read 42800 times)

Offline glovesforfoxes

• Matthew 6:21
    • View Profile
Humans shouldn't eat meat. Do you agree ?
« Reply #125 on: 31/12/2009 17:12:46 »
That may or may not be true. At least a rock is by no means organic nor alive. I'd like to see your evidence for that statement. Frankly, I doubt you have any....................Ethos

I already said I don't have evidence for when, but I do have reasoning: a zygote does not feel pain or is aware. There will be some time passage between when it is a zygote & to the point where it is aware, in which the cells multiply but are not yet aware. When that is I have no idea - I've never claimed perfect knowledge, & I doubt I will, unless I get working on those delusions of grandeur.. yes.. hmm.. :D

Gloves, I guess we all have specific missions which we regard as ones worth pursuing. I am more active on a political website (with a pseudonym). I have enjoyed the discussion with you here though.

Cheers graham, me too :) Politics are definitely important - I can only hope that you perhaps become a politician one day - we need more politicans with an appreciation of science. You've asked some great questions, thanks for taking the time to debate.
« Last Edit: 31/12/2009 17:14:47 by glovesforfoxes »

Offline sansal

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 23/02/2010 07:24:23 »
Nowadays,mostly humans have increased consumption of flesh foods over time, probably in order to survive in poor environments when there was a scarcity of fruits.Meat is a best source of protein.Thanks for sharing views,good healthy tips.

Offline FuzzyUK

• View Profile
    • http://www.fusniak.co.uk
« Reply #127 on: 30/05/2010 12:29:13 »
Fish Ok !! food chain of fish is very less .. it's Ok with fish not all other.

What hypocrisy to say it is wrong to eat meat but it is OK to kill fish.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #127 on: 30/05/2010 12:29:13 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums