The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Have you ever had a Thunderclap Headache During Orgasm?  (Read 427686 times)

cruzin4us

• View Profile
Has anyone ever experienced a "thunderclap" headache right at the time of orgasm?   I've had this happen a couple of times, and it happens almost spontaneously.

The headache is excrutiating (spelling?).  I ended up having a migrane for a few days afterwards as well.

I didn't mess around, I went to the doctor, they did a MRI and found nothing.  I was told this happens sometimes for no apparent reason or cause.

Just curious if I was alone in this.....

Honey, I really DO have a headache [}:)]
« Last Edit: 05/03/2008 08:29:34 by Karen W. »

MissB

• View Profile
Have you ever had a Thunderclap Headache During Orgasm?
« Reply #1 on: 05/10/2005 16:40:30 »
I know that when I have many orgasms, I have a headache for the rest of the day.

I am sometimes very emotional and will cry. That is rather upsetting to some men. :0

B

neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Too Much Free Time Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05/10/2005 17:03:33 »
This is fascinating..really !...I do hope we get some good explanations....I wonder if it's a blood pressure thing with regard to the headaches.

The emotional side of things I can relate to, with such a release that an orgasm is I can understand the emotional release...perhaps down to endorphins and hormones being increased in production.

Men are the same as women.... just inside out !!

MooseHole

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05/10/2005 18:45:32 »
I was thinking maybe it had something to do with dehydration, but that would probably make the headache occur gradually during sex, instead of very quickly during the orgasm.  How long do you orgasm?

Andrew K Fletcher

• KIS Keep It Simple
    • View Profile
    • Operation OASIS
« Reply #4 on: 05/10/2005 19:04:26 »
Ive heard of a headache prior to intercourse, followed by a cigarette. I have also known of a lady who liked a willy in her ear, every time my friend went to put it in her mouth she turned her head to the side :D:o)
« Last Edit: 05/10/2005 19:06:16 by Andrew K Fletcher »

ukmicky

• View Profile
    • http://www.space-talk.com/
« Reply #5 on: 05/10/2005 19:39:44 »
Nice one Andrew.:D

Michael                                      

cruzin4us

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05/10/2005 21:07:30 »
No, Andrew it should have been :0. :D

To answer a question, this headache came on exactly at the time the orgasm began, and it didn't quit (I'm talking the headache now ;)) for a good hour, though I had a severe headache for about 4 days (the migrane type).  It truly was the worst headache I've ever had.  It felt just like the name "thunderclap".  The orgasm ended fairly abruptly as my head hurt to badly.  I remember grabbing my head with both hands and thinking "Oh my God, I'm having an aneurysm, not that I know what an aneurysm feels like.  The pain went down the back of my head almost to my neck.

Love your comments & feedback 8D

Andrew K Fletcher

• KIS Keep It Simple
    • View Profile
    • Operation OASIS
« Reply #7 on: 06/10/2005 08:27:23 »
Cruzin, would you be holding your breath during the build up and then suddenly release a huge outflow from your lungs at the point of climax? If so this could answer your problem with the sudden headache, as releasing your breath suddenly can indeed alter the internal pressures inside the arteries and veins. A good example of this is a boxer breathing out sharply to increase the power of his punches. I can explain in more detail what is happening if this fits with your experience of headache.

"The explanation requiring the fewest assumptions is most likely to be correct."
K.I.S. "Keep it simple!"

cruzin4us

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06/10/2005 13:46:53 »
Andrew:  You know, I can't remember if I was holding my breath or not.  Good question, and it does make sense.....I know one time I was on my back and it very well could be possible I wasn't breathing.  The other time I was on my knees (too much info??) and I don't think I was holding my breath, but truthfully I don't 100% remember as I was concentrating on other things.

I just remember the headache came on SO quickly, not gradually like other headaches, it happened in a split second.

I wish I could answer the part about the breathing, butI will tell you this, I will make sure I breath from now on.....just in case this is the cause.  I don't ever want to have another one.

neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06/10/2005 14:51:44 »
Laurie,

just like the Zetacap thread, please feel free to make this your orgasm diary thread !! ;);):D:D;);):I

cruzin4us

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06/10/2005 17:27:21 »
OMG Neil......:0
You said my name [}:)].....I should shoot you! Now people will know I'm heavy and have orgasms! ;)  Heehee :D

neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06/10/2005 19:37:26 »
quote:
Originally posted by cruzin4us

OMG Neil......:0
You said my name [}:)].....I should shoot you! Now people will know I'm heavy and have orgasms! ;)  Heehee :D

OH POO !!.Sorry Laurie !!..I am also heavy and I also love orgasms.....:D:D;);)

wallflower

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09/10/2005 23:15:34 »
i have just recently starting having these very headaches and even checked my breathing the next time they are very scary..im 47 and never had this problem until lately

cruzin4us

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10/10/2005 23:04:37 »
I know what you mean about scary, they hurt like hell.  My Doctor assured me there was nothing to worry about, but I had them do an MRI anyway.  They haven't happenened in the last couple of months, but I think they will happen every time.

It's not real good for the sex drive....

neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11/10/2005 15:31:27 »
Laurie...please keep us updated...I'm keeping a diary of your orgasms here !

Seriously though, It must be extremely debilitating....If it happens again, I would most certainly go back to the doctor and get a referal as it most certainly would effect your sex life and that would overflow into your regular life too and poor hubby would be upset...as well as you too of course.....but, don't give up on the doctors, get hubby to come with you (pun intended...oh dear !!)...just you both get down there and insist something be done because it's affecting your lives/relationships......it's amazing what doctors will do if you complain enough.........

same applies to you wallflower....don't give up on getting it sorted.

cruzin4us

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 11/10/2005 20:14:53 »
I haven't had a thunderclap headache since July.  The doctor had originally put me on a beta blocker, but to be frank it was just another pill I didn't want to become dependent upon.  Plus, everything I had read on the internet led me to believe this could disappear and then reappear in 10 years, or maybe never.  

I definitely don't want it to interfer with my sex life ;)

me 8D

internettie

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07/03/2006 19:23:03 »
I know exactly what you mean about this headache, I was on here (internet) right now, trying to find out about this phenomena.  It worried me so, the pain for me was so bad I too held my head but it does not last for days, only right when I have the "big O" then goes away in about 5 minutes.  It comes on right at the the point of impact, and hurts so f*&^ing bad!

Hadrian

• Scallywag
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07/03/2006 20:20:05 »
The power of the event can seam to increased by voluntary and involuntary body tension build up. Cramps and headaches can easily follow the release. I suggest you try changing you position and keep aware of what else is tense besides the obvious. It can be very pleasurable to relax as much as possible during sex as a way to explore the act. Try to concrete on your breathing. Most of all have fun!
« Last Edit: 07/03/2006 20:20:53 by Hadrian »

tootsie78

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 08/03/2006 05:38:53 »
WOW!  This sure seems like a strange phenomenon!  I don't ever remember experiencing a sudden headache at the onset of the big "O"!!!  
I am enjoying my orgasm way too much...:D
I feel sorry for you guys that are...lol...[:p]

Joy

MayoFlyFarmer

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/wiguyinmn
« Reply #19 on: 08/03/2006 17:54:36 »
man, I leave for a little while and women start describing their orgasms on here.  i like this science!!!  guess i should check in more often.  ;)

in all seriousness though.  I do find this quite intriuging.  (probably because of my dirty mind, but I do find it interesting none the less).  I've gathered from what I've read that everyone experiencing this phenomenon is female??  Am I incorrect about that?  Are there any males experiencing the same that I missed?  I think the differences between male and female orgasms are fascinating!

can anyone who hqas experienced this try to describe your headache in a bit more detail. Especially WHERE in your head the pain seemed to be centered?

Are YOUR mice nude? ;)

Hadrian

• Scallywag
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 08/03/2006 18:01:02 »
In your d**k head of course :I

What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.

JimBob

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09/03/2006 02:47:49 »
No headache, just ysually get VERY sleepy. Perhaps in women the reactionis the headache. Or maybe there is a connection?

If I only had a little humility, I'd be perfect.
    ----Ted Turner

ukmicky

• View Profile
    • http://www.space-talk.com/
« Reply #22 on: 09/03/2006 04:00:42 »
I heard when we have orgasms are hearts suddenly beat a lot faster that extra pumping promotes  the release of waste products into our blood which can cause us to feel unwell. Not sure if its true or not maybe a doctor on the forum will respond.

I also heard that when we orgasm are bodies release endorphins which in men cause us to feel sleepy. Maybe a long time ago when we were cavemen and women it was natures way to let the females of the specie escape from our clutches :D

Michael

Hadrian

• Scallywag
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09/03/2006 21:07:30 »
Well hope there is a lot of research going into this right now and that why it all so quiet arond this place.

What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.

neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 09/03/2006 21:14:31 »
I have experienced this too !!..every time wifey has an orgasm it bloody well gives me a headache !!...and next door...and probably in the next county too !!

(note to self: stop describing the decibel boundary of wifeys Orgasmic cries without asking her permission first !!)

Men are the same as women, just inside out !

SMF 2.0 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines