The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Have you ever had a Thunderclap Headache During Orgasm?  (Read 627865 times)

Offline internettie

• First timers
    • View Profile
Have you ever had a Thunderclap Headache During Orgasm?
« Reply #25 on: 10/03/2006 20:10:36 »
In reguards to:

can anyone who hqas experienced this try to describe your headache in a bit more detail. Especially WHERE in your head the pain seemed to be centered?

The pain is like my head is exploding hurts all over! It hurts a lot on the sides, I hold both sides of my head and apply pressure it subsides soon, but for a minute or two very intense pain. This happens infrequent, but when it does you don't want to experience it again!  I know this sounds weird but it is like a my brain is having an orgasm too! I am not holding my breath or doing anything different from other times that it doesn't happen.[:0]

Offline Hadrian

• Neilep Level Member
  • Scallywag
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 10/03/2006 20:40:38 »
stop ****ing with your mind! LOL

What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.

Offline tootsie78

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 10/03/2006 21:14:36 »
quote:
Originally posted by wallflower

i have just recently starting having these very headaches and even checked my breathing the next time they are very scary..im 47 and never had this problem until lately

People have SEX when they're 47 ???  FOR REAL???
I thought this was just fun for young people!!!  (like me...haha:D)

Joy

Offline ukmicky

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.space-talk.com/
« Reply #28 on: 10/03/2006 21:37:51 »
quote:
Dr Zagami: Well, there are several types of headaches that can be related to exertion occurring during sex - one is: a type of headache that occurs as the person's sexual activity increases and usually occurs before orgasm and it's related to increasing muscle tension. So it's a muscle contraction headache. This can sometimes be followed by another form of headache, or this other form of headache may occur independently and that's an explosive onset of a throbbing headache that usually occurs at the time of orgasm. And we think that that is related to the benign exertion headache. So, more recently people have described patients who have both forms of headache, occurring either at separate times in their lives, or in close together. And thinking about why those type of headache might occur, both during exertion - there are changes that occur as well as during sex where you have changes in terms of increases in blood pressure, which can actually be quite massive. So, weight lifters can put their blood pressures up by 40 to 100 mm of mercury, and similar changes in blood pressure can occur during orgasm. So, somehow those changes in blood pressure and the accompanying changes in blood vessels seem to predispose to these type of headaches.
its The article in full
http://www.abc.net.au/rn/talks/8.30/helthrpt/stories/s233.htm

Michael
« Last Edit: 10/03/2006 22:25:17 by ukmicky »

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 11/03/2006 04:31:20 »
quote:
Originally posted by tootsie78

Joy

Joy - I'm glad you're having fun.  You have alot to look forward to.  I only thought I enjoyed it in my 20's, it was even better in my 30's.  I can't wait to see how much better it is when I turn 40.  Woo Hoo only 22 more days!!

Carolyn
« Last Edit: 21/03/2006 04:34:14 by Carolyn »

Offline ukmicky

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 11/03/2006 04:47:44 »
Life begins at forty and you will soon know why . good luck:D

Michael
« Last Edit: 11/03/2006 04:52:54 by ukmicky »

Offline tootsie78

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 13/03/2006 21:35:35 »
Ok, so why does it get better with age???
Is this like wine?  The older the better???
I can't imagine it getting any better than it is right now!!!:D

Joy

Offline ukmicky

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 14/03/2006 01:53:14 »
'Life is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're gonna get...'

And whats that got to do with sex i hear you ask, and the answer is absolutely nothing.

I just felt like saying it:D (wicked film though )

I think the reason why sex gets better the older you get is because.

The older people get the longer they tend to stay with there partners , their not changing them each week and therefore learn more about them , likes and dislikes.

you also get less your hung up on what you look like and therefore are more open and are prepared to try new things.This with the fact that older men tend to care more about pleasing there partners all adds up to some fantastic nights of sticky seminal joy.  :)

Also and i can't prove this but i noticed a few years back that women's clitorises tend be larger and are more erect the older the woman gets. Well that's my view , ooh i love that view:D

Michael

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 14/03/2006 02:23:10 »
WOOOOOHOOOOOO Only 20 more days till 40!!

I'm giddy with anticipation.:D[:0]

Carolyn
« Last Edit: 14/03/2006 02:23:55 by Carolyn »

Offline ukmicky

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 14/03/2006 03:47:56 »
Two words, live streaming :)

Michael

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 14/03/2006 04:08:18 »
quote:
Originally posted by ukmicky

Two words, live streaming :)

Michael

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Three words, never gonna happen.  Have to leave something to the imagination.[:I]

Carolyn
« Last Edit: 14/03/2006 04:08:51 by Carolyn »

Offline MayoFlyFarmer

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/wiguyinmn
« Reply #36 on: 16/03/2006 03:36:34 »
ohhh, and imagine we WILL!!! ;)

Are YOUR mice nude? ;)

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 16/03/2006 04:39:04 »
quote:
Originally posted by neilep

I have experienced this too !!..every time wifey has an orgasm it bloody well gives me a headache !!...and next door...and probably in the next county too !!

(note to self: stop describing the decibel boundary of wifeys Orgasmic cries without asking her permission first !!)

Men are the same as women, just inside out !

Received this email today and it automatically made me think of this post.

The year is 2222 and Mike and Maureen land on Mars after accumulating
enough frequent flier miles.  They meet a Martian couple and are talking about all  sorts of things. Mike asks if Mars has a stock market, if they have laptop computers, how they make money, etc.  Finally, Maureen brings up the subject of sex.
"Just how do you guys do it?" asks Maureen. "Pretty much the way
you do," responds the Martian.  Discussion ensues and finally the couples decide to swap partners for the night and experience one another. Maureen and the male Martian go off to a bedroom where the Martian strips.  He's got only a teeny, weeny ***** - about half an inch long and just a quarter inch thick.  "I don't think this is going to work," says Maureen.  "Why?" he asks, "What's the matter?"
"Well," she replies, "It's just not long enough to reach me!"
"No problem," he says, and proceeds to slap his forehead with
his palm.  With each slap of his forehead, his ***** grows until
it's quite impressively long. "Well," she says, "That's quite impressive, but it's still pretty narrow...."  "No problem,"  he says, and starts pulling his ears.
With each pull, his ***** grows wider and wider until the entire
measurement is extremely exciting to the woman.
"Wow!" she exclaims, as they fell into bed and made mad, passionate love.  The next day the couples rejoin their normal partners and go
their separate ways.  As they walk along, Mike asks "Well, was it any  good?"  "I hate to say it," says Maureen, "but it was pretty wonderful.  How about you?"  "It was horrible," he replies, All I got was a headache.  All she kept doing the whole time was slapping my forehead and pulling my ears."
:D

Offline ukmicky

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 16/03/2006 04:42:23 »
lol its 4.40 am and you got me laughing

Michael

Offline MayoFlyFarmer

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 16/03/2006 04:51:27 »
haha

Are YOUR mice nude? ;)

Offline tweener

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 19/03/2006 16:22:02 »
John O'Riley was a member of an Irish Toast Masters' Club.  
One evening at the local Irish Toast Masters meeting, a contest was held to
see who could deliver the best toast.  Well, John O'Riley won the contest
with the following verse:
            "Here's to the best years o' me life, spent between the legs o'
me wife."
            When John O'Riley arrived home, his beautiful wife asked him how
the Toast Masters' meeting went and he said, "I won the contest for the best
toast of the evening."
            His wife then asked him what his toast was, and he said "Here's
to the best years o' me life, spent in Church wi' me wife."
            His wife then said, "Why John, that's so nice of you to include
me in your toast."
            The next morning, Mrs. O'Riley was downtown shopping and ran
into the local policeman on the beat who had also been at the Toast Masters
meeting with her husband. He said, "Hello Mrs. O'Riley, that was some great
toast that your husband John gave at the Toast Masters meeting last evening.
  He won first prize."
            "Yes, that's what he told me," said Mrs. O'Riley, "but he wasn't
quite honest with the facts:  he's only been there twice, the first time he
fell asleep, and the second time I had to pull him by the ears to make him
come!"

Tom Ryan

----
John - The Eternal Pessimist.

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 21/03/2006 04:47:41 »
quote:
Originally posted by Carolyn

quote:
Originally posted by tootsie78

Joy

Joy - I'm glad you're having fun.  You have alot to look forward to.  I only thought I enjoyed it in my 20's, it was even better in my 30's.  I can't wait to see how much better it is when I turn 40.  Woo Hoo only 22 more days!!

Carolyn

quote:

Life begins at forty and you will soon know why . good luck

Michael

Not that it's not perfectly wonderful now, and I certainly don't mean to sound impatient but, I'm just wondering how long after I turn 40 does it get better?  Is it immediate?  Does it take a day or so, or even months?  Hubby is younger by 4 months.  I wonder if it only gets better when both parties are 40.  Hmmm.  This is on my mind entirely too much, I think I need a hobby.
« Last Edit: 21/03/2006 04:50:16 by Carolyn »

Offline tweener

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 22/03/2006 03:02:30 »
Hey Carolyn, I'm 42 (for another month!) and if you would like to test your hypothesis about both parties being over 40 without waiting for your hubby, I'd be glad to help.  [}:)]  That way you will have some advance knowledge for him when his big day comes along!

----

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 22/03/2006 05:24:12 »
quote:
Originally posted by tweener

Hey Carolyn, I'm 42 (for another month!) and if you would like to test your hypothesis about both parties being over 40 without waiting for your hubby, I'd be glad to help.  [}:)]  That way you will have some advance knowledge for him when his big day comes along!

----

[:0]Wow!! What a generous offer, it's nice to know there are people out there willing to offer themselves so unselfishly for such serious experimentation.;)  Somehow, I just don't think hubby would appreciate my 'advanced knowledge' in this area, and I would like to keep him.  After 19 years I almost have him trained the way I want him:D

Carolyn
« Last Edit: 22/03/2006 05:26:48 by Carolyn »

Offline MayoFlyFarmer

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 26/03/2006 03:11:08 »
only took 19 years huh?  pretty good!  you should wrote a book on it or someting.  i'm sure there are plenty of women out there who would like to learn your methods.  just don't let my girlfriend read it ;)

Are YOUR mice nude? ;)

Offline Amergin

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 01/04/2006 02:36:45 »
There are two kinds of sudden severe headache that are very similar. One is the orgasmic headache and the other is the exercise provoked headache. There is debate on whether the basic mechanism is neurogenic or vasogenic. I think that it incorporates both neurogenic triggering and then secondary vascular dilatation.

These tend to be repetitive and benign. So if one has had seven or eight orgasmic and/or exercise headache it is unlikely something more threatening. That threat is the sentinel bleed, a small haemorrhage due to leakage from an aneurysm or Arteriovenous Malformation. The dilemma is what to do when it is the first time for the headache. Dr. Neil Raskin of UCSF in San Francisco is a world expert on Migraine and Headaches in general. He once told me at a meeting that the first time orgasm or exercise headache must be evaluated (Magnetic Resonance Angiography, catheter Angiography, or spiral CT scan.) The odds are not high but the incidence of aneurysms is quite high in autopsied patients.

If one has several such headaches it is most likely the strange orgasm or exertional headache. There seems to be some prostaglandin mechanism but the trigger maybe related to some sudden flux of noradrenalin and/or Dopamine. But all of these headaches are classified by Dr. Raskin as "Indomethacin responsive headaches."

They are well treated by the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug, Indomethacin 25 to 50 mg. It works best when taken prophylactically. If you plan a run around the lake then take Indomethacin 30 minutes to an hour before the run. Or take the Indomethacin an hour before anticipated shagging. Why Indomethacin works is still debated but not the fact that it does work. It is not likely an anti-inflammatory mechanism but suspected to be a prostaglandin mechanism of the Indomethacin.

Disclaimer: I would suggest anyone with this kind of headache to confer with his/her doctor before starting Indomethacin because of potential side effects, and be sure that you may not need neuroimaging to rule out an aneurysm. Family history of ruptured intracranial aneurysms would make me advise neuroimaging.

Amergin

I was born in a nuclear furnace 13 billion years ago.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 01/04/2006 03:07:16 »
Hi Amergin

Welcome to the site.

Offline Amergin

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 04/04/2006 01:30:34 »
Dia duit. Conas tá tú? (Hello, how are you?)

Slainte.

I was born in a nuclear furnace 13 billion years ago.

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 10/04/2006 05:17:29 »
Hey My husband has experienced these so called thunderclap headaches, not every time but once in a while. I often wondered if it was because his blood pressure may have been particularly high on those occasions. He has just found out he has a touch of high blood pressure. HMMMM! I wonder if that could explain them at all.

Offline dementedrabbit17

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 27/04/2006 06:01:56 »
I just experienced this particular breed of headache for the first time ever a couple days ago, and it scared the bajeezus out of me. I was thinking "Aneurysm!" too, especially since I have a friend who survived one, and the pain/throbbing sounded a lot like what she described. I was doing what I've done for over twenty years, and it surprised me that I'd have a problem now.

I've tried a few times since then, with the same result all but once. I found greater success by slowing down and monitoring my breathing, being sure not to hold my breath. So, I may not be able to have a quickie ever again, unless this goes away in time. My partner suggested it might be stress related, as I've been through a lot of changes since the first of the year (starting and stopping school, major schedule changes at work, and starting to write a very personal and emotionally challenging book).

Normally, when you go to the doctor and say "It hurts when I do this..." they say "Well, stop doing that." But I don't think anyone here is willing to give up on orgasms without a fight, right?

To that end, I did a bit of digging on google, and came up with the following link:

newbielink:http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/1439.html [nonactive]

Check out the 2nd question and scroll down for the answer. Pay attention to the other symptoms that can be warning signs of something serious. But it sounds fairly benign, and treatable with anti-migraine medication. Quoted here:

---Another way of classifying sexual headaches is the method that J. Nick, Ph.D. and P. Bakouche, Ph.D. devised. They separated coital headaches into 3 individual categories, split according to time of appearance of pain during sex:

1. early headache, which is usually moderate and short lasting;
2. orgasmic headache, described by a sudden severe burst lasting 15 to 20 minutes;
3. late headache, lasting for hours or days. These sometimes follow orgasmic headaches.

If you experience any other unusual symptoms, such as a stiff neck, see a health care provider for a check-up to rule out more serious disorders. These ailments may manifest themselves as a stroke, brain tumor, or bleeding in or around the brain.

If your health care provider determines that your headache is just a headache, then you may want to take an anti-migraine medication or beta-blocker that constricts blood vessels. If prescribed such a medication, taking one before having sex could help to prevent sexual headaches.---

I had Number 2 on that list, and it did dissipate within 5-10 minutes after it began and I stopped playing, but it took much longer to leave than it did to arrive. My thought is to take it easy, and go slow/breathe evenly, and see if that does the trick, so to speak. I'll see a doctor if that isn't satisfactory.

Anyway, I hope this helps to ease everyone's anxiety. I was grateful to read that it's more than likely not serious.

--Rabbit

Though we choose between reality and madness, it's either sadness or euphoria.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #49 on: 27/04/2006 06:01:56 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums