The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Have you ever had a Thunderclap Headache During Orgasm?  (Read 628024 times)

Offline any_sol

• First timers
    • View Profile
Have you ever had a Thunderclap Headache During Orgasm?
« Reply #75 on: 26/10/2006 18:07:15 »
Hey i have been suffering from exploding pain on left side of the head and left eye immediately before and after the orgasm for the last 7 days.I'm 32/M and never had this problem before.Two months back i suffered from acute lower back pain and went to chiropractor and he has been adjusting my spine for disc subluxation (slip disc) till date. Also my libido has decreased a lot and i am experiencing difficulty in maintaining full erection and also amount of semen ejaculation has dropped significantly. I am going total nuts now as this all is really scary. can some body shed some light on this.

Offline binxy

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 03/11/2006 22:24:14 »
I've been having this same trouble and upon further research found that they're considered to be exertion headaches.
What I don't understand is that I don't get these headaches if I exert myself in otherways.
I've had this situation previously approximately 5 years ago & it went away with a little abstinence.
I hope this helps anyone.

Offline NewBill

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 05/11/2006 02:23:06 »
Hey i have been suffering from exploding pain on left side of the head and left eye immediately before and after the orgasm for the last 7 days.I'm 32/M and never had this problem before.Two months back i suffered from acute lower back pain and went to chiropractor and he has been adjusting my spine for disc subluxation (slip disc) till date. Also my libido has decreased a lot and i am experiencing difficulty in maintaining full erection and also amount of semen ejaculation has dropped significantly. I am going total nuts now as this all is really scary. can some body shed some light on this.

Like the first poster here, the first thing you should do is see your Doctor.

Offline any_sol

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 05/11/2006 21:24:09 »
Thx binxy and NewBill. My pain has stopped now. It occured during the first week when i posted my problem. Now it has gone completely. But one thing is for sure that we r amongst 1% of the population which is suffering from this problem. So mates in a way we r unique ;-)(Just kiddin)

Offline Stage

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 30/11/2006 02:13:13 »
I'm leaning towards a blood pressure issue.  I had my first orgasm headache 3 days ago.  I was having extremely vigorous sex with my wife "doggy style" and at the exact moment of orgasm I had the most tremendous, intense headache ever.  It came on powerfully all at once, so much so that I lost my vision and became weak and faint and had to drop on my back.  I felt it mainly in my temples in the first split second then it exploded in a quick, pulsating pain all over my head but mainly my temples, behind my eyes, below my ears, and on either side of the base of my head where my spine enters.  It felt like a bomb went off in my head.  It was the most pain I have ever experienced.  I laid there half-blind and in agony, grabbing my head and freaking out my wife, concentrating on deep, slow breathing trying to "calm the pain down".  After a minute I was able to open my eyes.  SHortly after, I begin to see clearly and the pain was all gone after 5 minutes leaving only a twitching right eyelid for an hour or so.

I have never had problems with headaches of any kind and I too thought I was about to die.  I've done some research and can report the following:  I repeated the experience, but no where near as intensly, yesterday while masterbating.  It felt closely related to my blood pressure and breathing.  I have gained 30 pounds over the last year and my blood pressure has been on my mind.  I bought a BP machine and over the last 2 days I have averaged 139/89 which is a borderline problem.  As a test I put the machine on this evening, started masterbating, and hit "start" about 2 seconds prior to climax.  My pressure was through the roof at 187/98 and the pulsing of the intense pain in my head was keeping time with the blinking pulse light on the machine.  I am fairly certain that my weight gain aver the last year has increased my blood pressure and is causing these headaches during orgasm. 

I will start a weight lose regimen, monitor my BP, and report back in the future.  As a side topic, this is really wierding me out.  I'm afraid to have sex for fear of that pain....and I'm a sex-loving fool!!  The first, original thunderclap was actually traumatic.  I don't think that's too strong of a word.  stage1power@yahoo.com   

Offline Hadrian

• Neilep Level Member
  • Scallywag
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 30/11/2006 17:51:05 »
I was just wondering how to protect my rear
After all that thunder what will appear?
Im afraid to look as it could be freighting
It may be gross and it may be a crass
But will i get a dreadful hot flash
of lighting  up my .!
    ;D

Offline usvi

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 01/04/2007 19:40:30 »
New to site, found it looking for answers to Thunderclap Headaches/ Not Strokes or Aneurisms Like You Thought.... before I died in bed in compromising conditions for my children to find.  Thankful for reassurance of knowing I am not alone, nor frigid or whatever..  Can't add anything different except add to statistics (62, F, never had this problem before this week, doesn't matter the position, DON'T have sinus problems that I know of, AM overweight, think I don't breathe correctly even out of bed as I am constantly yawning, (which I believe is a reflex to get more oxygen into body).
Headache comes instantly, during buildup to orgasm - which it effectively kills - , behind eyes and forehead, (will also describe pain as 'excruciating' like everyone else), lingers next day at top of head in form of dull headache.
Web site warns site has had no new activity in past 120 days, and I'm not able to add much new, except that I take the antidepressant Zoloft, and am also taking natural hormones in cream application and still get period.  I had wondered if the hormone creams might be messing up my hormonal balance (I use hormones to counter developing diabetes), or if any of the Beta Blockers mentioned were used by anyone also on an antidepressant.
I am desperate to know if anyone found any new developments to add what I've just read, or can mention if doctors prescribed anything that works.  I've been alone for the last 15 years and have just started a relationship so would like to be able to relax and enjoy a second chance and know its not over and done with just because of my age.
Judy

Offline the linguist

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 06/04/2007 22:16:10 »
all right well I'm at a total loss of what caused this but I'll tell my story (with some basic things left out to help conceal my idenity I'm in highschool gotta keep this stuff confidential you know) I'm seventeen so i think blood pressure is out of the question but who knows i have recently been on a diet of fruits veggies oatmeal eggs lean meat... and subway (once again i'll explain subway being a staple food by simply saying "I'm seventeen") and i have been on this for about a month now... it didn't start happening till just recently and the crazy thing is the symptoms fit all of your descriptions perfectly. the first time i experienced this is when i had some whip lash but it was routine in the sport i play (played since i was 10) but all of the sudden that headache came on... went away i went back in and finished the game... later that night i found a fortune cookie and i said  "this will be about one of my 3 dreams" to my dad  before i opened it. 1 of them being undisclosed and the other to get back or get over a girl i was dating i just said 3 cuz he knew the undisclosed one and i wanted to throw him off the fact that i was pining over my ex (i have a strong sense of pride with my family but we're all kinda friends more on this later)... strangely enough the fortune cookie said "your wish that is dearest to you will come true" and i was like OH SNAP THIS MEANS...!!! later that night I'm entertaining myself in my bro's room(he has a computer in it) and then right as i orgasm bam the pain comes back again only worse i fall out of my chair to the ground rolling around and the groans attract someones attention each pound on the door made the urgency to get over the headache more and more but it just wouldn't go away... so i left the door locked as i rolled around on the ground eventually my brother was like watever and left... i later told my family i stubbed my toe but the look in there eyes that at some point i was masterbating cuz the door was locked was painfully obvious... a few days passed i tried again in the shower everything is going GREAT talking to a new girl so my confidence was up made it easy (i was about to take a normal length shower as a teenager, crazy stuff huh?) all the sudden i feel it start to come back and I'm like OH GOD i stop what I'm doing right there on the spot don't orgasm and the headache is only minor... so this is my problem now i just completely cant masterbate even if i can stand the pain one of my family members will surely find out and thats just embarrassing.. but here comes the good part now that the wants of my penis is out of the picture i dont like that girl anymore.. it turns out i was we were leading a shallow relationship (then again most of you folks have been in high school) well my point is since no one knows what causes this everyone should be careful what they wish for... cuz 5 days now on my spring break (always the record breaking time of the year for me) and i haven't done it since sunday ... just for the record I'd take a broken heart with an enjoyable sex experience anyday over what i have now ... feel free to leave your sympathy cuz my lower section has been feeling pretty neglected lately i think
« Last Edit: 06/04/2007 22:37:48 by the linguist »

Offline Ethan

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 18/04/2007 23:38:26 »
To those who think this is age related, I'm 16, and have just started having this problem.

After returning from a long holiday, my girlfriend and I were making love, in a way requiring no exertion on my part (due to an injury I sustained on holiday, soon to be explained) and as I felt I was about to orgasm, a stabbing pain developed in the rear left portion of my brain. Clutching my head obviously scared my girlfriend a lot, and ever since, with her or on my own, exertion or no exertion, I experience this pain. I have never had any sexual problems before. The headache reduces dramatically after a minute or two, but a dull ache persists for a few hours.

The injury I referred to is a back one - putting out a fire in sweden, I tore a lot of muscles in my back, couldn't move for a few days, and have been on painkillers since. I haven't seen anyone medical about this, but other sufferers I have read about have also recently suffered a back/neck injury. I'm seeing my GP next friday, and will post any answers I get here. I am not exactly perfectly healthy, having experienced a cancerous growth, kidney stones and a minor heart problem, but non of these things affect my blood pressure or my brain, as the heart condition merely causes occasional pain, and no damage.

Offline Wildpats

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 26/05/2007 07:41:13 »
G'day
I'm from Down Under Down under. Tasmania, the land of the disappearing Devil. So fast and so sad.
I'm trying to put in a word hoping Begonia I think it was will reply.  She was worried about orgasms and aneurysms in June last year? I read that she was given headache tablets by her GP.
F [:(!] [:(!]
PLEASE HAVE A CAT SCAN OR MRI BRAIN SCAN.  I HAD AN ANEURISM EXPLODE IN MY BRAIN THIRTEEN YEARS AGO, WHEN I was only 49 years old.
Now I am half-paralysed and have wanted to discuss this with someone since I was flown back to  Tasmania, Australia with a 50% CHANCE of surviving brain surgery.
Strokes are all totally individual.
BUT PLEASE don't let a GP fob you off. Insist!
I'm not usually as directive as this. It took me a few years to overcome fear and learn how to enjoy sex again. It can be done BUT it's better to be safe than go through  being so physically challenged. I could talk forever but I really want to say what I've said. No one else  has ever communicated with me about a similar experience and in hospital, staff did not want to know. They thought I was obsessed with sex
Patsy, a  Tassie Devil lover [:X]

Offline Wildpats

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 30/05/2007 08:13:18 »
 :(
G'day there again from Wildpats in Tassy. I feel really bad at my  only other post which was a red tirade of warning to get help if you're having headaches. I feel I should say that before I had my brain haemorrhage I had had no shocking headaches during sex before. Some of you have asked in this forum for descriptions of types of headache to be described. Orgasms had and still can be an absolutely wonderful part of my life. The one I suffered before my aneurysm began as if a steel band was being tightened fiercely around my whole head. ::) It meant that we did not continue to the ultimate of the orgasm. I had to vomit. Next day I was found paralysed down the one side after my partner returned from work.
Anyway that's all for now. We in Tas are devastated by the increasing wipe-out of our Tasmanian Devil.
CHEERS
wILDPATS [:I]

Offline LovelyLayla

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 31/05/2007 01:14:40 »
the only thing I notice is when I start to tense up, or hold my breath is what makes it come on. I'm sure my BP is probably through the roof at that time. I don't know, I've tried not tensing up, or to keep on breathing. But honestly I learned early on when I first started having orgasms taking a deep breath in right as I was climaxing made my orgasms last longer...so I have to learn a new way?

Do any of you not tense up or keep on breathing during your orgasm? I'd sure like to know how!

Offline Wildpats

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 02/06/2007 04:08:07 »
Lovely Layla from wildpats in Tas
Masters & Johnstone( [?]) sex researchers  writing that BP was highest for the female orgasm was the only bit of info that came my way that somehow served to satisfy my craving for information after my aneurysm during orgasm, so YES your BP is probably very high then!
I had always tensed up before climax(part of the excitement) but I don't think I held my breath otherwise I probably wouldn't be here today. [:I] :(
By the way, our Tasmanian Devil species are passing on their fatal devil facial tumour by biting during lovemaking. :( I haven't succumbed to that practice yet. Have always loved living here on this wild amazing island.
And thanks for the tip about taking a deep breath at the start of your climax. I'd think that would help to have a controlled ecstasy in orgasm (if that's no contradiction)!
Really I think I had this little balloon in my brain from birth that just had too much pressure from other life activities(my job and environmental activities were always full on). I never learned to relax. Wildpats 

[?]

Offline badhead

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 08/06/2007 12:25:51 »
Wow!! Ok I just did a google search on 'headache during orgasm' and I found this site...I never realised it is such a problem for people!

I have just recently come out of hospital after suffering one of these headaches. Over a week ago, I was masturbating while having phone sex with my boyfriend who lives quite far away from me, when as I was about to reach climax, this excruciating headache appeared out of nowhere! Now, never having experienced this before, I was in a bit of a panic! Two hours later and the pain was just as severe so I went to hospital where they gave me lots of pain killers,none of which worked, and a ct scan. The scan came back clear, but I was sent for a Lumbar Puncture, just to be 100% sure. That also came back clear. I was sent home but still had quite a headache. 3 days later and the head was no better so I went back to the hospital and they put me on a drip as it seems I should have been straight after the LP! Anyway, they said that the only thing they could put it down to was a thunderclap headache. Now I discover that it is quite common. I have since seen my boyfriend and I suffered the same problem again, but I could feel it coming (no pun intended!!) this time and unfortunately had to stop making love. I really could do with a cure cos I love having orgasms and now I'm too scared to!!

HELP!!!

Offline LovelyLayla

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 08/06/2007 16:36:37 »
have you tried to keep breathing right before and during your orgasm? this has helped me greatly, not entirely mind you....

Offline badhead

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 08/06/2007 18:36:46 »
Well as yet I haven't...I will try though next time... Thanks for the tip :))

Offline CaptainSparky

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 24/06/2007 13:10:06 »
I got here by a google search, as well.  It looks like there are several different reasons for headache during orgasm, and that its good to go to the dr. and get a diagnosis just to make certain there isn't anything unhealthy causing the headaches.

I've had these headaches off and on since I was 16, always in the same place.  They don't occur every time.  In fact, after the first one it was several years before I had another, and there have been years between up until the one I had two weeks ago.

It was excrutiating, worse than I remember them being before, and located in the lower back of my head, on the left side.  It appeared just before I was approaching orgasm, and got worse as orgasm occured.

I have a habit of holding my breath, and had been holding my breath off and on up until the headache began.  After I realized I was getting a headache I concentrated on breathing... but I think I still strain when an orgasm is approaching, and either that was the real cause or it was too late to stave off the headache.  It ached for a few hours, I took some aspirin and it went away reasonably quickly.

Then last night it happened again.  It scared me a bit because the headaches have never happened so close together... the last two orgasms I've had now have caused these horrible headaches.  I had one last evening, and my head is still killing me this morning, certainly not as bad as a migraine now but the ache is still intense.

I've been worried that holding my breath has damaged something in my brain.  I try not to hold my breath, but I just end up doing it.  I'm just scared, and wish I had medical insurance so I could go get this checked out!

Offline Wildpats

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 24/06/2007 15:17:07 »
Cannot you have your condition checked out without medical insurance? What about university medical schools if there are no public health places to go to?
Wildpats

Offline CaptainSparky

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 24/06/2007 17:21:37 »
I could have it checked, yes, but it will cost money that I don't have.

paul.fr

« Reply #94 on: 24/06/2007 17:37:37 »

SEXUAL BENIGN HEADACHES

Headaches can be associated with sexual activity, especially with orgasm.  There are two types of these headaches.  In the first type, the excitement accompanying intercourse causes muscle contraction in the head and neck, thus leading to head pain. 

The second type is a vascular headache.  It is a very intense, severe headache usually occurring just before orgasm.  It has been called an "orgasmic headache" or "orgasmic cephalalgia."  In some instances, the headache is a response to an increase in blood pressure, in which the blood vessels dilate.  The headache is not usually related to the amount of physical exertion involved in intercourse.  The pain may be located around or behind the eyes.  It usually lasts a few minutes, but can last for hours.  The headache is usually made worse by movement.  The headache most often is a "benign" orgasmic headache; however, the possibility of organic disease should be thoroughly investigated. 

A headache occurring with orgasm could be a symptom of a brain hemorrhage (bleeding around or inside the brain), stroke or tumor.  An accompanying stiffness in the neck may be an indication of bleeding into the spinal fluid.  The benign orgasmic headache occurs more frequently in men than women and usually strikes migraine sufferers. 

Benign orgasmic headache is often effectively treated with migraine medications such as blood-vessel constricting agents, taken before intercourse.
http://www.headaches.org/consumer/topicsheets/sexual.html

Offline ooaj

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 24/06/2007 19:00:31 »
I have this problem and had gone through all the diagnostic procedures, so I thought I would share my experience in the hopes that it helps someone out there. I am a healthy, tall, Caucasian male in his early 20s living in the Midwest.

My issue: For a period lasting 1-3 weeks once every two to three years (random time intervals) I would get unbelievably intense thunderclap headaches (that were so painful I cannot even describe them) during masturbation or sex right as I climaxed. The headaches would peak in intensity and last only a few minutes, then quickly dissolve to a duller pain for the next hour or two. During peak intensity, I could barely keep my eyes open due to a feeling of pressure and pain, and every heartbeat would resonate in my skull and arteries in my neck. I coincidentally found that I could recreate the exact headaches and symptoms during this time period if I did strength training (heavy weight lifting, specifically chest and shoulders I noticed, although it could be any muscle group) but not during cardio workouts. The onset when strength training was after 6-7 reps in a 10 rep set on the first set. I had no unusual habits during sex or masturbation worth mentioning that could have contributed to this. I also don't remember any stressful life situations that may have contributed during these time periods. I had originally experienced these headaches in my early teens and had them appear and disappear about 4-6 times, each like I said for 1-3 weeks in duration, and then going dormant for 2-3 years. I don't get migraines otherwise.

Diagnosis: I immediately sought diagnosis after reading online that it could potentially be related to a brain aneurysm, heart problems, or some other emergency medical conditions. I went to an emergency room and received a CT scan on my brain that turned up no preliminary problems. I followed up within the next few days with a neurologist (while the headaches were still occurring) and during this time I received a full brain and neck MRI with and without contrast. They immediately ruled out a brain aneurysm, any conditions with my heart or cardiovascular system (including arteries and veins in my head and neck), as well as any other swelling of the brain, stroke, tumors, hemorrhages, cysts, or other brain abnormalities or issues. From their perspective, my brain/neck/heart were in perfect shape. My blood pressure was in at perfectly healthy level and my other vitals looked fine. One thing they did notice however was a chronic sinus infection on one side of my head which showed no symptoms. They had to treat it with multiple rounds of heavy antibiotics before it finally was gone.

Unfortunately, I cannot tell you if the chronic sinus infection was the cause or not, because as is typical with this issue, it went dormant after a few weeks which happened to occur in the middle of treating the sinus infection and may not have necessarily gone dormant so as a result of treatment. Since I had not gone in for diagnosis during past experiences with these headaches as they went away after a week or two, I cannot rule out a sinus infection being the source on those occurrences.

In the future I do not plan on seeking further diagnostics or treatment unless the headaches occur longer than a month or two. I feel comfortable knowing they ruled out all the serious conditions that may have caused this, and I don't feel like spending a few thousand again on diagnostics when I can wait it out (I had to only cover a small portion of my bill after insurance paid for it, but it was still a ton of money).

Good luck with finding more information on what causes these. I know they are terribly painful, so I hope you don't experience them.
« Last Edit: 24/06/2007 19:03:14 by ooaj »

paul.fr

« Reply #96 on: 27/06/2007 19:02:24 »

Does the "Big O" cause or stop headaches and migraine? 
We've all heard the old joke, "Not tonight, dear. I have a headache." Right? Surprisingly enough, for some people, there definitely is a correlation between sexual activity and headache or Migraine.

The Bad News First
For some people, sexual activity can cause headaches and Migraine attacks called coital cephalgia (headache), exertional headache, or effort Migraine. Such headaches may be benign exertional headaches that can also be brought on by other strenuous activities. They may also be directly linked to orgasm or sexual excitement.

Coital headaches may have a duration of up to 24 hours, and are more common among men than women at a ratio of 4:1. Although such episodes are usually benign, it is important that they be correctly diagnosed to rule out organic causes. Tests used to confirm the diagnosis include CT scan, MRI, and MRA.

Headaches or Migraine attacks induced by sexual activity may strike prior to, at the time of, or following orgasm.

Such attacks have also been documented after masturbation. There are three patterns of occurrence for coital headache:1
Sudden onset: This pattern applies in 70% of coital headaches, and begins just before, during, or immediately after orgasm. The headache is severe, usually throbbing, and may build over minutes or be explosive. Average duration is several hours.
Subacute, crescendo headache: This pattern applies in approximately 25% of cases. The onset is much earlier than orgasm, with intensity increasing until the time of orgasm. Frequently in the back of the head, the pain is dull and aching. Rarely, nausea and vomiting may occur.
Postdural headache: This is the least common of coital headaches. The pain occurs in the lower back of the head and is greatly increased then the patient stands. This form is more likely to be accompanied by nausea and vomiting.
A Brighter Side To the Bad News
Once coital headaches are diagnosed benign, medications can be taken one to two hours before anticipated sexual activity to hopefully avoid coital headaches. Some medications that may be used are Indomethacin, DHE (Dihydroergotamine,) Imitrex, Zomig, Maxalt, Amerge, Midrin, Propanolol, and common analgesics. If the problem persists, daily preventive medications may be in order.

The Good News
In a recent journal article by Randolph W. Evans, M.D. and James R. Couch, M.D., Ph.D., the authors open by saying, 

"Occasionally, orgasm can trigger a Migraine but, in others, can relieve a Migraine. Dr. Couch's data suggests that some women who decline, 'Not tonight, I have a headache,' may be avoiding an effective treatment."2

study of Migraine relief with sexual intercourse in women was undertaken at Headache Clinic at Southern Illinois University. For those who obtained relief through orgasm, the level of relief varied, but it is interesting to note that of those who obtained any relief, the largest subset is those who obtained complete relief. Of study participants, 47.4% had complete relief, 49.1% had no relief, and for 5.3%, orgasm made their Migraine worse.2

In comparing the efficacy of orgasm to that of Migraine abortive medications, orgasm is significantly less effective than triptans or DHE, but when it is effective, the onset of relief is faster than.

Dr. Evans and Dr. Couch conclude their journal article with this statement,

"The issue of suppression of headache by orgasm does bring up the possibility of suppression of one multi-faceted, presumably neural origin syndrome (Migraine) by another neural event (perception of sexual orgasm). Perhaps there are other situations in which an indigenous neural process might be used to suppress Migraine. Certainly there are some interesting theoretical possibilities here."

Interesting possibilities, indeed! Although this study did not include men, Dr. Evans and Dr. Couch report there is anecdotal information suggesting that relief with sexual orgasm may occur in men, including men suffering cluster headaches.

As with so many issues with headaches and Migraine, we find that there wasn't a single answer to our initial question, "Does the "Big O" cause or cure headaches and Migraine?" In searching for answers to the question, both good news and bad news are found, but even for those for whom orgasm sometimes causes headaches, there are avenues of prevention to be explored. Don't give up or be embarrassed to approach your doctor with the problem. The answer might be simpler than you think.

1 Saper, Joel R., Silberstein, Stephen, Gordon, C. David, Hamel, Robert L., Swidan, Sahar. Headache Management: A Practical Guide to Diagnosis and Treatment of Head, Neck, and Facial Pain, Second Edition. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 1999, 241-242

2 Evans, Randolph W. & Couch, R. (2001). "Orgasm and Migraine." Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain

Offline therp

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 17/07/2007 12:49:44 »
I read this forum 4 weeks ago. Reading through various reports, I found the described symptoms to match mine.

I experienced the first thunderclap headache while wakeboarding (similar to water skiing just with a snowboard). My neck started to feel stiff/hard and pain started to crawl up my neck within 30 seconds. After crawling out of the water, I applied my usual neck massage to cure these things and it went away. The next morning in bed with a girl, I felt like my neck was hit by a hammer about 10 seconds before my orgasm. I had to stop immediately, crawled out of bed and swallowed 1000mg Paracetamol (pain killer) as breakfast. Usually I wait about 1-2 hours before taking pain killers. But no, this time, I fell right out of the bed and there was no other option but pain killers. This was pain I rarely felt before.

The next day, same situation. 20 seconds before orgasms -> pain. The 2-3 days I even experienced this when masturbating. 4 days after the first headache, I went to the hospital. They immediately checked me for SAH - subarachnoid hemorrhage
newbielink:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subarachnoid_hemorrhage [nonactive]. Basically that's a bleeding in your brain and not a funny thing. So, if you see symptoms like these, go to the hospital immediately. The chance that this is the cause for headache is pretty slim, but if it's the cause, you better hurry. They will send your through CT scan, if that's negative they have to apply an additional check to rule out the 30% of the cases where the bleeding is not visible on the CT. Prepare to get pierced at your spine, lumbal punctation. This doesn't hurt but is pretty stressful for your overall constitution (which is presumable weak anyway because of the headache). However, in my case everything was fine and I was sent home with a "Norgesic" pain killers. Norgesic is a mixture of 450 mg paracetamol and about 50mg orphenadrine. Paracetamol is well known painkiller.  Orphenadrine is a muscle relaxants that will lower your muscle tone. You will feel a bit tired, but it's ok.

In my case without any further therapy, I was able to get off the tablets about 6 days later. I subsequently lowered the dosage and applied acupressure whenever it was necessary. I later realized that the pain coming from the neck spread across my whole head as migraine.

I went to see my acupuncture specialist that diagnosed a trauma in my the neck section of my spine. I was surprised because I can't remember any injury or accident that could have caused this. However, after a feel needles, and a week of additional timeout for sports, I was fully recovered. Sex and sport without any pain.

My "self diagnose" was that additional blood pressure was causing this neck pain. Try to avoid anything that's related to high blood pressure in your head. Sex is definitely causing this -- We all know porn with actors with cherry red heads. Try to relax your muscles around the stomach when approaching your orgasm by deep breathing. The moment I contract these muscles I can feel a gentle pressure in my head. Relaxing them reverses this effect. If possible try to avoid sex for a few days. In my case, my sex life was recovered after 2 weeks.

Offline Wildpats

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 17/07/2007 13:57:06 »
So pleased to read your article and that you have resumed a normal sexand sport life. Unfortunately I was one of the unlucky few for whom a SAH was the result. Not only that: the CT scan didn't happen until after I'd been in the main hospital of a foreign country a few days. Unable to speak the language to the hotel doctor, who gave painkillers, it was not until after I'd become paralysed on one side that I was rushed to hospital. Again with no language in common, my husband had trouble getting the visiting specialists to understand  that it was my head that was hurting and beg them to please look inside my head.  That was when a CT scan identified the subarachnoid haemorrhage. However, we were uninsured  (our misunderstanding) and had to wait for a medical evacuation to be arranged.
Strangely I'd never suffered headaches during or just before orgasms before in my life. Nor was I in any way aware  of the nature of brain haemorrhages. 13 years later I still haven't found another person  who has also had this happen to them. In the early months after my stroke I would dearly have loved to have found someone else, especially a woman. I'd be only too happy to communicate with someone fearful of resuming a sexual life after such a happening.
Many thanks for passing on advice to others that could save lives
Wildpats, Tasmania [:X]

Offline amazenmom

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 02/08/2007 00:13:53 »
Hello world!  Wow, what a shock to be 51 and have this weird headache.  Left above ear temple area, MAJOR scary, but passes when I stop my attempt at orgasm.
Started about 2 weeks ago.  I figured I needed to not drink so much maybe?  But then with my gentlemen friend Friday night it happened again.  YES, I breath, and like many of you here it happens just right before orgasm, and I have to "STOP", I personally think it could be stress, as the very first time it happened was 2 years ago with a man that I wasn't really wanting to be with (very telling don't you think!) Then again 2 weeks ago by myself.  It scared the crap out of me, thinking "Oh My GOD" if they find me dead and vibrators in my nightstand what will they think!  I've been doing in home parties for ladies selling products to enhance personal relationships for 4 years.  And to date I've never even heard of such headaches.  So, today it happened again, I did a Google and here I am! 
Now the question is, what to do about it?  Anyone have any herbal or lifestyle suggestions?  I'd be most grateful.  I'm 51 single mom, self employed and don't have time to die or not have some orgasmic release!  Appreciate all the advice.

And I LOVE the men are the same as women inside out... amazing what we can all learn every day.
Blessings to all.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #99 on: 02/08/2007 00:13:53 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums