The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: WHEN SCIENCE LOSES ITS AUTHORITY  (Read 24193 times)

Offline glovesforfoxes

• Matthew 6:21
    • View Profile
WHEN SCIENCE LOSES ITS AUTHORITY
« Reply #75 on: 16/12/2009 10:50:59 »
Glovesforfoxes - Arguing for proclivities or food preferences is hardly the same thing as arguing the foundational constructs of physics.

It's not the same, but it is not just about mere preference. It is an issue of social justice, which is far more important than understanding the fundamental laws of physics. There are things more important than learning more truth when the things you already know point to something in desperate need of change - I'm sure you can appreciate that ;) both are concerned with challenging commonly held beliefs - in fact, eating meat is such a big part of some people's fundamental identity to them that families have excluded members.

Your claim itself might not incite anger. People might be attached to the idea if it's seen as a fundamental part of physics, in the same way evolutionary fact is seen as to biology. That means they take the claim as an almost personal attack on science, but.. Even so, I cannot see which other attitudes you have taken. Only your attitude here. Your attitude earlier is understandable, but wrong because it's rude & as a consequence of that automatically making that about the people rather than the evidence you have. Checking back through this thread, it's certainly you who has thrown around the first insults this time 'round.

No doubt truth will out in the end. I lean towards the established laws of Thermodynamics, since it is a law, & scientists don't make laws lightly. There are also many people who study the subject who are fairly intelligent & question in their own right. None of that means you are wrong - if I don't understand something, I agree with what the most people agree with simply because it's very hard to fool a lot of people (as in, millions) at once without someone noticing. Maybe you are that someone that noticed, maybe you aren't. No doubt we will see over the next 50 years time.

This is continuing to detract from the science. I will not respond any more about your conduct - I have said all I need to. If you feel I'm wrong in some way, state it here where & why I am & people can make their own minds up about it. Hopefully you can have a productive discussion with the physicists here now :)
« Last Edit: 16/12/2009 10:52:33 by glovesforfoxes »

Offline BenV

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 16/12/2009 10:51:16 »
witsend, were you in my local supermarket this morning shouting at the cheese?
Now now, can we all be a little more civil please?

nixietube

« Reply #77 on: 16/12/2009 14:26:23 »
Now now, can we all be a little more civil please?

Please remove my posts if you feel they are inappropriate.

http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=23243.msg290920#msg290920

Offline witsend

• View Profile
    • Magnetic field model that enables overunity of electric systems
« Reply #78 on: 16/12/2009 14:39:50 »
Hi Glovesforfoxes,

What is rude about questioning the authority of those scientists who claim the importance and significance of experimental proof - yet will not look at an experiment that disproves their own theories?  I am not talking lightly.  In 10 years despite application by myself, my co-authors - industry, including names such as ABB Research, North Carolina, BP South Africa, Sasol South Africa, and many, many others, they refuse to acknowledge the carefully collated data from numerous experiments that categorically prove a breach of thermodynamic laws?  It gets worse.  Sasol offered our local university a bursary award to take the study further.  It was politely refused.  And these learned and revered have flatly refused to attend a demonstration that gives this evidence.

These are the expert academicians who determine the acceptability or otherwise of papers for publication in the reviewed journals that they own. They nominate the required measurement protocols.  We use those protocols.  Yet they will not evaluate the paper?  Do you seriously propose that there is some way that one can discuss the merits of the case when the case is not heard?  Is there  a court in any democratic country that prejudges a case prior to trial?  Is there any blueprint for such prejudicial actions that can be sanctioned by any moral authority anywhere in the world?  Personally I doubt it.  Yet these electrical engineers flatly refuse to evaluate the experiment. Nor will they take it publication to allow mainstream to evaluate for themselves.  Don't tell me what is wrong with my attitude.  Look rather to what is right in their attitude.

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 16/12/2009 14:48:34 »
Witsend,

Might I suggest you read, "How to Win Friends and Influence People."

I believe you would find it helpful.

Hello geezer.  I have many many friends. Just check out energeticforum.com.  I have a host of friends on the internet that I haven't even met but have much to say about both me and my experiemnt.  I also have friends on overunity.com.  I have a full social life - but spend way too much time on this thread and, possibly at my keyboard.  I do not want to earn such friendship on the basis of some articifical manipulative learned skill - but on the basis of mutual respect and enjoyment of each others point of view.  This thread is different.  It is designed to challenge and invite comment on the extraordinary mindset of our bigotted academic electrical engineers.  If I bump into more bigots here then - indeed - they are part of that criticism.  Definitely requires discussion. 

edit  ;D

« Last Edit: 16/12/2009 17:54:49 by witsend »

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 16/12/2009 15:02:19 »

No.  I was the lady who reported you for trolling.

nixietube

« Reply #81 on: 16/12/2009 15:21:10 »

No.  I was the lady who reported you for trolling.

After shouting at the cheese?  I am sure I heard the words... unlimited.. potential...energy...vast scale...re-write....rules...physics....no...common sense...

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 16/12/2009 17:23:53 »
OK. Enough everyone. If you want to participate in a bar room brawl, I suggest you all head for the nearest bar.

This thread is going nowhere. Please explain why I should not lock it right now?

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 16/12/2009 17:42:20 »
Geezer I thoroughly agree.  We have had enough.   ;D

By the way - I found Nix Tubular lurking in the vicinity and was obliged to report him for lurking.  YET AGAIN

Here's the evidence

MOD EDIT - RUDE AND UNNECCESARY LINK REMOVED

Have fun guys.  And if I've haven't done justice to your good looks Nixie sweetheart - blame the camera - or the light.  You now have honourary mention on my troll file.  The day will come when I hope of publish this. LOL.
« Last Edit: 16/12/2009 17:56:50 by BenV »

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 16/12/2009 17:47:52 »
Geezer didn't realise that you were able to lock threads.  Feel free - but it would be a shame.  It has an extraordinary viewership - and in my experience all such adverse threads, given time, come back into line.  Quite apart from which that's Nix's object.  He wants this thread killed.  I want to engage in a discussion about the relucatance of mainstream to seriously discuss their obligations to report on all experimental findings that are not anomalous.  And experiments that are repeatable are definitely not anomalous.

Kind regards,
Rosemary

Offline BenV

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 16/12/2009 17:56:19 »
Witsend, I have asked you to be civil, you have completely failed to do so.

Nixie, the same.

Thread locked.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #85 on: 16/12/2009 17:56:19 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums