The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Are scientists set to get sued?  (Read 12484 times)

Offline chris

• Neilep Level Member
  • The Naked Scientist
    • View Profile
    • The Naked Scientists
Are scientists set to get sued?
« Reply #25 on: 25/12/2009 23:34:19 »
If you go to the article and click on Reference 1, this is a link to a complete version of the published article. It's not grossly different to the version carried on our site.

Offline chris

• Neilep Level Member
  • The Naked Scientist
    • View Profile
    • The Naked Scientists
« Reply #26 on: 28/12/2009 12:47:01 »
A wonderful comment on the sense about science site:

Anagram of "chiropractic" ... "Critic - oh, crap!"

Offline Variola

• Neilep Level Member
  • Everyone should beware of The Pox...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 28/12/2009 14:00:40 »
If you go to the article and click on Reference 1, this is a link to a complete version of the published article. It's not grossly different to the version carried on our site.

Yes I did that after I had posted my comment. There is still nothing in it that I can see is libellous, it really is no different to any other newspaper article. We can't just sue someone because we don't like what they say.
It still remains an ill-researched and poorly written article. Co-authoring a book does not mean the findings are correct,neither does anything published on pubmed mean findings are correct, that really is stating the obvious. But the article is basing itself of that, as well as adding in some sensationalism.
It is in the interests of the pharmaceutical companies to make out chiropractic care is quackery, and I say that without malice or bias against the pharmas, it is just business.
To go from constant pain, and regular painkillers, to pain free cannot be ignored. That is what happens for many people who receive chiropractic care, and many more feel a vast improvement.
Mainstream medicine has as many risks as chiropractic or oesteopath care, as does surgery, the difference is it is more accepted.

Paula Shevick

None
« Reply #28 on: 08/10/2011 01:06:20 »
James Michener, the American writer, wrote in The World is My Home, how families and interest groups vehemently would try to censor what was being said about them in textbooks, or how they used underhanded tactics to keep the books their families published in schools--even if they were boring.  Boredom for the student having to read a censored textbook is one of the worst results of dishonest censorship.

The Naked Scientists Forum

None
« Reply #28 on: 08/10/2011 01:06:20 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums