The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Why don't we fart in public?  (Read 5054 times)

Offline latebind

• Hello World
    • View Profile
Why don't we fart in public?
« on: 18/12/2009 13:11:07 »
What is the point of holding in a good one if you could just let rip and feel relieved.

Lets be honest here, everybody farts, full stop!
So why hide it?, we all do it, and it might smell bad but so do alot of other things like petrol and compost, you cannot avoid bad smells in life.

I have to admit, when I know its gonna be a silent one I always let it rip cos no-one will know it was me, and I feel good!!

And since you fart too, I know that you feel an awesome pride the moment you let out a golden ripper that steams the room up, so why hide it? cmon lets all fart!

Offline glovesforfoxes

• Matthew 6:21
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 18/12/2009 14:29:33 »
Why do you wear clothes inside when it's warm?

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18/12/2009 14:45:22 »
I blam it on Queen Victoria - It was not unusual  before that time, I have read.

(Can't remember where so if someone wants to bash me because I am wrong, go ahead. I have had a woman visiting for the last week - she will be here through Christmas - and a bashing would most certainly feel better than the hell I am going through now. Why did I EVER agree to have a female house guest???????????????   I still do the cooking!!!! ... and wait on her every whim!!)

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21/12/2009 14:45:13 »
LOL.. You boys needn't worry I think most woman understand but that does not negate the fact that we like to blame you for the real winners that exude from our own bodies...LOL....i didn't do that....LOL...

Offline latebind

• Hello World
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27/12/2009 13:46:49 »

cos you dont want ladies to see your ding dong. (Farts are different, because a jedi farter like myself knows all the tricks for diversions and maneuovers to never be identified)

Offline rosalind dna

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30/12/2009 18:25:03 »
Better tell that to my SiL, she farts in public then so does her
husband, my brother and they smell, he always blames others.  :o

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31/12/2009 09:14:10 »
LOL.. Well a certain amont is unfortunately uncontrollable , but mostly can be held while quick exit takes place! LOL...

Offline Variola

• Neilep Level Member
  • Everyone should beware of The Pox...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 31/12/2009 09:20:26 »

I'm still laughing at Jedi farter....

We don't fart in public because of 1) smell and 2) because it is your bum.If it was your hand or ankle that farted then no one would really care, but because it is your bum, and bum is "naughty parts" then somehow it is different.

cos you dont want ladies to see your ding dong. (Farts are different, because a jedi farter like myself knows all the tricks for diversions and maneuovers to never be identified)

Offline graham.d

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 31/12/2009 11:26:24 »
My daughter was about 2 years old and I was doing some shopping in a supermarket with her sitting in the trolley. I had the sort of painful urge to "let one go" and, as the aisle I was in was onlt sparsely populated with shoppers, so thought it would be OK, particularly as I was moving. It was thankfully silent, so as I turned to toward the checkout queues I thought I'd got away with it. My daughter then piped up loudly with "Daddy, you've made a BIG smell!"

Offline rosalind dna

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 31/12/2009 11:59:16 »
 :D             :-X@Graham

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 31/12/2009 12:17:56 »
LOL...
My daughter was about 2 years old and I was doing some shopping in a supermarket with her sitting in the trolley. I had the sort of painful urge to "let one go" and, as the aisle I was in was onlt sparsely populated with shoppers, so thought it would be OK, particularly as I was moving. It was thankfully silent, so as I turned to toward the checkout queues I thought I'd got away with it. My daughter then piped up loudly with "Daddy, you've made a BIG smell!"
LOL...LOL....Out of the mouthes of babes!

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #10 on: 31/12/2009 12:17:56 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums