The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Viral Syndrome  (Read 4861 times)

Offline OnionCrusader

• First timers
    • View Profile
Post Viral Syndrome
« on: 12/10/2005 20:39:15 »
Help!  I am 13 years old and i have post viral syndrome. Not chronic fatigue post viral.  But i am having doubts about it . I am telling myself that i have post viral but what if i do have chronic fatigue syndrome. I am depressed at the minute but appartenly that is one of the syptoms. What is the difference between post viral and chronic fatigue . I know chronic fatigue is worse than post viral but is there any main differences to tell them apart

Thanks
Abi[V      :D

Offline princessfrostedflake

• First timers
    • View Profile
Re: Post Viral Syndrome
« Reply #1 on: 27/10/2005 16:12:26 »
Hi Abi, I read your post and noticed no one replied. I have a 13 year old daughter and I felt so bad for your situation... I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I contracted Lyme Disease (from an infected tick) last year and had trouble getting better. After alot of testing to find other causes as to why i was still sick, I was told it was a Post viral syndrome.  A group of symptoms that persist after a viral (or bacterial, parasite) infection. CFS-Chronic Fatigue syndrome and post viral are the same things- just differnent terms. Other names are M.E. or Chronic Fatigue Immune Dysfunction Syndrome-CFIDS-this name is the most accurate because it shows that the immune system is screwed up now. It went into "action" to fight the orignal infection but instead of "shutting off" it keeps 'fighting a war' (the infection) that's really over. People feel sick not because of the the infection itself-but because your immune system is pouring all these things into your system to 'fight' the infection. Cytokines, interleukins and many other things. So now you can understand why we 'feel sick' when we're really not. Unfortuanlty there is nothing to take that will affect these particular 'chemicals' your immunes system is using. There is nothing to take that tells the Cytokines, for example, to stop going after whats not there and to stop telling the other components of the immune system to 'come on and fight'. It is a complicated illness. I go through bouts of depression too...it is normal. We miss the real 'us' and all the normal things we are supposed to be doing, not to mention it's so hard to be sick so much. there is alot of research going on, but nothing for sure right now. You know in the past when you got sick you need to rest so you don't feel worse--well, thats what we have to do now. And like before the more you push to do things the worse you feel. The same with this. Rest, breaking up activities, getting enough sleep are the best things to do to help symptoms to not get worse. I have periods of feeling good--not completely normal but better where I can go out for short trips to the store or restuarant or go visit a friend, then I will start to feel bad again--i have noticed over the year it comes in cycles like that. I will be ill for a few days or week then start to feel better for a few days or a week, but if I try to do too much on the good days I will get worse quicker. I lost my ability to work because of this. Are you still able to go to school? I have a hard time with all the life change and I'm 35, to be so young and have it must be really really hard! Not everyone has this forever, there is a percentage of people that get better within months or after 2-5 years so don't lose hope! There are alot of young people who have this, you're not alone. If you want I can send you some links to sites and message boards that are kids that have it. There is ALOT of wrong information out there and crazy treatments and ideas, believe me if these were the 'cures' the whole world would know and I wouldn't be sitting here talking about it. How did yours come about? Have you talked this problem over with your doctor? Are the people around you supportive? If you need to talk or have questions my email address is: KareBear70@MSN.Com  (a reliable- true source for info is WWW.CFIDS.ORG
Karen from the USA

Offline gooden

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28/11/2005 21:39:12 »
Hello Princessfrostedflake,i read your comments and understood your problem that you are depressed by post viral.Post viral is a majar problem in different -2 cases link skin,viral fever,& adult viral etc.
but according to your age --you may have skin or viral fever.you want to recover this viral then you follow me.
i have searched medicine for viral post that medicine name Acicvir side effects.this medicine have more information .if you want to know that why occur viral infection ,how recover by this infection then you go this link.
newbielink:http://www.drugdelivery.ca/s319-s-ACICVIR.aspx [nonactive]

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #2 on: 28/11/2005 21:39:12 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums