The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Can A Sea Mist Conduct Electricity ?  (Read 5030 times)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
Can A Sea Mist Conduct Electricity ?
« on: 29/12/2009 13:29:05 »
Dearest Fogologists,

As a sheepy I of course luff fog…Fog is great because it looks like me floating in the sky (though, ewe probably would not want to be sat beneath me after I eated a bean curry vindaloo)..(I was at this stage going to say  “unless you’re German of course !“  but then decided to not to

Erhmm….   Mist and Fog are my all time favourite occurrences of ground dwelling cloudy stuff…look, here’s a sea mist !

A Sea Mist Sometime Earlier Today

Nice eh ?…being delivered next Tuesday as an atmospherical mood enhancer for which I will woo some ewes…

Now then, that’s a sea mist right ?….so..it has some salty stuff in it yes ?…does this mean that it can conduct electricity ?…will lightning be more spectacular in a  sea mist ?

Can A sea mist conduct electricity because of it’s salt content…and how could I do this if I wanted to show that it did ?

Whajafink ?

Hugs & shmishes

Mwah mwah  mwah mwah

Neil
Fog & Mist give cloudy fun
But not if seen escape the bum
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline LeeE

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Spatial
« Reply #1 on: 29/12/2009 14:00:41 »
Nice eh ?…being delivered next Tuesday as an atmospherical mood enhancer for which I will woo some ewes…

Umm... good luck with that.  Most lady types I've known regard just fog as nasty cold damp stuff that messes up their hair-do and conceals the monster when they go walking off alone in those cheap horror films.

While ewe may find fog romantic, I think most women would prefer something warmer and drier.  Shiny usually doesn't do any harm either; another very un-fog like characteristic.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29/12/2009 14:27:33 »
A foggy day means all the ewes congregate....easy access !!

Luff is in the air...doo be doo be do be doo !!

Offline LeeE

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Spatial
« Reply #3 on: 29/12/2009 14:53:18 »
Well sure, they congregate, but it's for protection and to ensure they don't get lost (after all, it's an established scientific fact that girlies can't read maps).  I think that far from enabling easy access, it'll just mean that they all gang up on ewe and trample ewe to death when they panic at first seeing your mist-shrouded ghostly form lumbering towards them.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31/12/2009 11:35:57 »
I agree, hysteria usually ensues as they eagerly wait in queue  ;)

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31/12/2009 11:56:48 »
Dearest Fogologists,

As a sheepy I of course luff fog…Fog is great because it looks like me floating in the sky (though, ewe probably would not want to be sat beneath me after I eated a bean curry vindaloo)..(I was at this stage going to say  “unless you’re German of course !“  but then decided to not to

Erhmm….   Mist and Fog are my all time favourite occurrences of ground dwelling cloudy stuff…look, here’s a sea mist !

A Sea Mist Sometime Earlier Today

Now then, that’s a sea mist right ?….so..it has some salty stuff in it yes ?…does this mean that it can conduct electricity ?…will lightning be more spectacular in a  sea mist ?

Can A sea mist conduct electricity because of it’s salt content…and how could I do this if I wanted to show that it did ?

Whajafink ?

Hugs & shmishes

Mwah mwah  mwah mwah

Neil
Fog & Mist give cloudy fun
But not if seen escape the bum
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Beautiful picture Neily! I like the fog!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31/12/2009 12:00:58 »
A foggy day means all the ewes congregate....easy access !!

Luff is in the air...doo be doo be do be doo !!

LOL..LOL..Thats very cute! LOL..Fog is really quite mystical.. always amazes me to see the pictures of fog hanging low over the mountains and watching it lift is a rather awesome sight!

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #6 on: 31/12/2009 12:00:58 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums