The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Left and right handed  (Read 3349 times)

Offline mark.stewart

• First timers
    • View Profile
Left and right handed
« on: 13/10/2005 15:18:38 »
Just been listening to one of your radio archives and somebody asked a question rearding beign forced to write right handed.
Could this cause any problems?
I write the right handed way and find writing very difficult and have always had bad hand writing, but when eating I naturally pick up my knife and fork the left handed way.
Just to confuse this though, my brother writes left handed and naturally eats the right handed way.

thanks,

Mark.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
Re: Left and right handed
« Reply #1 on: 13/10/2005 16:07:17 »
That's the same as me and my sis...I am right handed but eat left handed, she's left handed and eats right handed.

Men are the same as women.... just inside out !!

Offline Corbeille

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13/10/2005 20:54:25 »
King George VI was naturally left-handed and was forced to write right-handed. It is belived that this caused him to speak with a stammer.

"They're all animals anyway. All the animals come out at night"

Offline qazibasit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21/10/2005 16:57:22 »
well it depends upon the cerebral hemisphere whis is dominant. the ppls have their left cerebral hemisphere dominant are right handed and the one who have right are left handed.But in some cases there are some motor activities that are developed in the left and some in the right this is due to the premotor area in the cerebral cortex. The area 6 according to Brodmans. This area 6 is for the skillful activities registration and if you have eating skill in right premotor area you will eat with left hand and if rest things are in the left premotor area rest of your activities will be right handed.

Offline kimkat27

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11/11/2005 14:20:20 »
wow. so i must be really messed up. i write right-handed, eat right-handed, wear my watch on my right hand...my left hand is basically useless. so is one hemisphere of my brain useless?

only half-kidding...
xoxo
KIM[:X]

"start every day off with a smile and get it over with"  -w.c. fields

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #4 on: 11/11/2005 14:20:20 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums