The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: my opinion  (Read 4100 times)

Offline guissepe

• View Profile
my opinion
« on: 19/01/2010 00:12:13 »
look I am new here, and if u would like me to tell u what I think about this forum..it cant work, couse you guys are... many of u have 5 stars and still dont know what are talking about, I want to say that u are debating the greatest and latest issues but miss on basics. I dont wanna say what a great physic I am, no I am not. but I am good enough to notice your problem. I dont want to be bad guy I just wanna help.

Offline yor_on

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • (Ah, yes:) *a table is always good to hide under*
    • View Profile
my opinion
« Reply #1 on: 19/01/2010 00:30:57 »
Jump in and draw your straw to the stack then :)

Offline Don_1

• Neilep Level Member
  • A stupid comment for every occasion.
    • View Profile
    • Knight Light Haulage
my opinion
« Reply #2 on: 19/01/2010 08:10:49 »
Are you about to give us a science lesson, or tips on how to win friends and influence people?

Offline chris

• Neilep Level Member
  • The Naked Scientist
    • View Profile
    • The Naked Scientists
my opinion
« Reply #3 on: 19/01/2010 08:40:24 »
Excellent - and whilst you're educating us, could you I possibly trouble you to a) turn your post title into a question (about science) and b) consider, in future, posting discussion points like this one (i.e. that are not focused on a specific aspect of science) in the "Just Chat" of feedback sections of the site, which is what they are there for.

Thanks

Chris

Offline doppler1

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
my opinion
« Reply #4 on: 19/01/2010 10:51:55 »
Geez Guiseppe, that a bit rough dude - I think that the scientific approach for this conundrum is clearly if you don't like it, don't use it

Offline guissepe

• View Profile
my opinion
« Reply #5 on: 19/01/2010 13:26:27 »
yeah u are right I dont like it, but Id like to help chage it.

Offline doppler1

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
my opinion
« Reply #6 on: 19/01/2010 13:36:12 »
Hey Guiseppe, isn't liking something based on a personal feeling regarding something? I am also new to this website but I quite like it as a place to explore and learn new things and if someone seems to post something incorrect, the issue is quickly corrected by someone more knowledgeable on that particular issue. What would you like to do differently and what is stopping you from launching your own forum to do it in? I am sure that if the changes proposed are good that they will be implemented so I guess it would be best to be specific and offer solutions to the things that concern you. Hope to have your feedback.

Offline guissepe

• View Profile
my opinion
« Reply #7 on: 19/01/2010 14:07:24 »
but u are still missing my point...by this post I want people to get think about themselves, cause only they can change it...people make forum what it is.
u say: if someone seems to post something incorrect, the issue is quickly corrected by someone more knowledgeable on that particular issue....that is not what I experienced here.
And what I hate most is when someone pretends to understand something.

Offline BenV

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
my opinion
« Reply #8 on: 19/01/2010 14:46:17 »
Well, if you are the more knowledgeable party, then maybe you should be the one helping when someone posts something incorrect?

Offline litespeed

• View Profile
my opinion
« Reply #9 on: 19/01/2010 15:28:57 »
guissepe

You are just the guy I have been looking for. Specifically, we all know accelerated mass both slows time of the mass, and also increases the mass. So why does gravity slow time without apparently increasing mass?

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
my opinion
« Reply #10 on: 09/02/2010 17:14:26 »
Thanks Rami!

As Chris mentioned above, this should probably be in the Chat section, so I'll move it there now.

Geezer.

Offline LeeE

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Spatial
my opinion
« Reply #11 on: 09/02/2010 21:08:46 »
guissepe

You are just the guy I have been looking for. Specifically, we all know accelerated mass both slows time of the mass, and also increases the mass. So why does gravity slow time without apparently increasing mass?

As I understand it, to accelerate a mass requires an input of energy and it is from the input of that energy that the apparent increase of mass derives.  A stationary body in a gravitational field is not receiving additional energy though, so there's no increase of mass.

Time dilation is not directly due to different energy states but to the relative shape of space-time, which is dependent upon both the gravitational potential and your rate of movement through it.  Time, after all, is just movement through space-time and so will be relative not only to how fast you travel through it but also how big it is; in distorting space-time and changing its shape, gravity is changing its size, which has consequences re your relative speed.

The Naked Scientists Forum

my opinion
« Reply #11 on: 09/02/2010 21:08:46 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums