The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What is your favorite past time and can you share it with us?  (Read 3661 times)

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
I have always enjoyed sewing writing and singing.. to myself anyway.. I like the idea of Scrap booking and have bought all the things to get started but still have not really got very far at all.
I bought a greenhouse I need someone to put together for me.. one of those snazy ones with the cool roof windows etc.. I want to try to green my thumb up in hopes it will be something I can do that will not require too much time on my feet .. I figured I can sit down to plant things in pots so that is my plan! Any volunteer building fellows or gals out there..? Its a kit...a big one..LOL

What little past time do you enjoy? Can you tell me about them? Maybe share some ideas with any that I may have also..?

Offline Jolly

• View Profile
What is your favorite past time and can you share it with us?
« Reply #1 on: 08/03/2010 19:10:27 »
I have always enjoyed sewing writing and singing.. to myself anyway.. I like the idea of Scrap booking and have bought all the things to get started but still have not really got very far at all.
I bought a greenhouse I need someone to put together for me.. one of those snazy ones with the cool roof windows etc.. I want to try to green my thumb up in hopes it will be something I can do that will not require too much time on my feet .. I figured I can sit down to plant things in pots so that is my plan! Any volunteer building fellows or gals out there..? Its a kit...a big one..LOL

What little past time do you enjoy? Can you tell me about them? Maybe share some ideas with any that I may have also..?

Very well, I often find my self wondering around my back garden looking for twigs, fascinating things really ain't they, twigs. I can't get enough of them, often collect them into bunches and keep them under my bed. Other than that I do enjoy making yogurt, and I also have been known to make cheese-goats, which can be fun, a bit fiddly, making a goat out of cheese is no small feat.
Ohh and riding my bicycles, all at the same time, must dash.... 

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08/03/2010 19:30:33 »
I collect red rubber bands...only the red ones mind !

Offline Bass

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09/03/2010 00:28:29 »
Shoveling snow!

Oops, you said favorite...

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09/03/2010 07:28:18 »
Shoveling snow!

I suppose I should not complain, but apart for a brief spell in December, we got almost no snow at all this winter. Never got to use my tractor once!

Could be worse though. Because we had tons of snow in the two prior Winters, a friend made a major investment in a front mounted snow blower for his John Deere. He only got to try it out once, and it never earned him a penny.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09/03/2010 07:39:23 »

Very well, I often find my self wondering around my back garden looking for twigs, fascinating things really ain't they, twigs. I can't get enough of them, often collect them into bunches and keep them under my bed. Other than that I do enjoy making yogurt, and I also have been known to make cheese-goats, which can be fun, a bit fiddly, making a goat out of cheese is no small feat.
Ohh and riding my bicycles, all at the same time, must dash.... 

Hey why do you put them under your bed?
What is a cheese goat and can you post a piccy?
I used to love riding my bike...feeling the wind on my face took me back to feeling like a child riding fast against the wind and feeling really carefree.
Thanks Littlestone... have fun..

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09/03/2010 07:45:54 »
I collect red rubber bands...only the red ones mind !
What do you do with the red rubber bands...do you make, do you make Chinese jump ropes? you know the stretchy ones that you step into and follow a routine crossing the two sides with your feet and another person on the other end.. or do you use them to teach your children the fine art of bungee jumping?
As children My brother and I used to use them for the side ropes for his GI Joe's parachute so he could float safely to the ground over the bank in the woods behind my house! LOL...

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09/03/2010 07:47:07 »
Shoveling snow!

Definitely favorite.. EWEEEE shoveling snow sounds too much like work! LOL..

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09/03/2010 07:49:28 »
Shoveling snow!

I suppose I should not complain, but apart for a brief spell in December, we got almost no snow at all this winter. Never got to use my tractor once!

Could be worse though. Because we had tons of snow in the two prior Winters, a friend made a major investment in a front mounted snow blower for his John Deere. He only got to try it out once, and it never earned him a penny.
So would using your tractor be a fun thing or interest you would consider a hobby?

Offline Bass

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10/03/2010 01:43:19 »
Shoveling snow!

Definitely favorite.. EWEEEE shoveling snow sounds too much like work! LOL..

of course, I do enjoy watching the wife shovel snow!! [B)]

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10/03/2010 06:13:05 »
LOL..LOL Men love watching women work! LOL...

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #10 on: 10/03/2010 06:13:05 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums