The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Why do we need vitamins ???  (Read 2590 times)

Offline beahealthyperson

• First timers
    • View Profile
Why do we need vitamins ???
« on: 27/01/2010 21:31:05 »
Vitamins are substances that your body needs to grow and develop normally. There are 13 vitamins your body needs. They are vitamins A, C, D, E, K and the B vitamins (thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, biotin, vitamin B-6, vitamin B-12 and folate). You can usually get all your vitamins from the foods you eat. Your body can also make vitamins D and K. People who eat a vegetarian diet may need to take a vitamin B12 supplement.

Each vitamin has specific jobs. If you have low levels of certain vitamins, you may develop a deficiency disease. For example, if you don’t get enough vitamin D, you could develop rickets. Some vitamins may help prevent medical problems. Vitamin A prevents night blindness.

The best way to get enough vitamins is to eat a balanced diet with a variety of foods and also you can get vitamins as tablets through newbielink:http://www.toppharmacy.com/ [nonactive] without prescriptions.
« Last Edit: 28/01/2010 11:04:06 by beahealthyperson »

Offline mystyle

• First timers
  • Lets Be`Connected!!
    • View Profile
Re: Why do we need vitamins ???
« Reply #1 on: 28/01/2010 06:30:59 »
Its well known to all about benefits of vitamins but I came to know from source that excess use of vitamins are also harmful to Homo sapience. I really wonder why is so? Your post is helpful knowing sources of vitamins and there type. As I found you have idea about vitamins, make a reply to my post I am really eager to know about it.
Thanks for your post too.

Offline Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28/01/2010 07:22:41 »
Too much of anything is toxic; vitamins are no different.
I wonder if a "friend" of baahealthyperson is going to turn up here and try to advertise their brand.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #2 on: 28/01/2010 07:22:41 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums