The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Hoodia diet pills do they work?  (Read 295393 times)

Offline niknaksbarbeque

• First timers
    • View Profile
Re: Hoodia diet pills do they work?
« Reply #150 on: 23/08/2006 13:40:30 »
Is it hoodia, is it placebo? Hmmmm, Not sure. I've been taking the Super Slim 400 for about 5 days now. To be honest I'm completely unsure as to whether they are working or not. I've decided to eat better and do exercise but I'm still want to eat, not sure if I would want to eat more, or not, without the hoodia. Also did anyyone see the BBC watchdog show about hoodia newbielink:http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/tv_and_radio/olddogs_newtricks/slimmingpills.shtml? [nonactive] I know that this firm seem dodgy, but had they really researched hoodia properly (disclaimer, I didn't see the program, a work colleague brought up the show this morning then laughed at my gullability "fad diets and hooky diet pills that's the secret" Hmmmm).

Offline JaneB

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 23/08/2006 14:25:25 »
Hi niknaksbarbeque

Yes I saw the BBC watchdog show.  I guess it was everything that you would expect i.e. confirmation that there are people out there happy to create "miracle pills" of rubbish for whatever ails you and the "gullible people" that fall into the trap of buying and using them.

My view is this.  Years ago, I had some terrible back pain which the recognised medical profession helped me with by telling me to go to bed for 6 weeks with a bottle of opium based tablets.  My back got a little better but I had to overcome a dependancy on the pills which I could have well done without - particularly at such a young age.  I spent years in pain and all my doctor could offer me was pills and surgery.  I looked into alternative help and came across a chiropractor who was achieving fabulous results apparently.  My doctor told me not to touch him as they were all just "quacks" and he could do me irreparable harm.  I had been in such pain for so long and having tried the "proper" medical help with results described above, I tried the "quack".  People looked at me with sympathetic eyes because of how gullible I was to see this man, just the same as some people look at you now if you want to try something alternative such as hoodia or homeopathy.  Well, the result was that, without any drug addiction, this man (a South African) "cured" me.  I still see chiropractors occasionally but lead an active, healthy life albeit a slightly plump one!  As you know chiropractors are now recognised and respected generally.  So my view is, that the "recognised" professions don't necessarily have all the answers right now and you have to take responsibility for helping yourself too.  This kind of communication between ourselves should help us support each other with what works and what doesn't and help us to bypass the "hooky" stuff.  But ignore the sanctimonious types who just want to "paralise" you into inaction becasue you might be "gullible".  I would rather be "gulible" but successful one day.  As I said, I have a good back program without drugs or surgery.  Also, I tried goodness knows how many "gullible" products to help me give up smoking which I did nearly 10 years ago and after 25 years.  So, just the weight to go now then!!

So, to the Super Slim 400......!!  It aint no miracle.  If I carry on eating "normally", which is big on carbs, to be honest I'm not convinced I can tell any difference!  But someone else said previously that best results are possibly achieved with a low carbohydrate diet.  That figures if you think about the San using it with almost no food treking across desert(apart from the odd high-protein snake etc perhaps?!) .  So that's what I'm trying now.  Stricter on the diet and much lower carbs.  I'll report back soon!

Offline Greenhill

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 24/08/2006 18:27:41 »
Could GrahamK , JaneB  , or anyone else please PM me with the name of a reliable supplier of Super Slim 400 in the uk. I tried doing a PM to Graham but the message just bounced back as being undeliverable. I really fear being ripped of by a disreputable company. It is really unfortunate that links have been removed.

Offline niknaksbarbeque

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 23/08/2006 13:40:30 »
Is it hoodia, is it placebo? Hmmmm, Not sure. I've been taking the Super Slim 400 for about 5 days now. To be honest I'm completely unsure as to whether they are working or not. I've decided to eat better and do exercise but I'm still want to eat, not sure if I would want to eat more, or not, without the hoodia. Also did anyyone see the BBC watchdog show about hoodia newbielink:http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/tv_and_radio/olddogs_newtricks/slimmingpills.shtml? [nonactive] I know that this firm seem dodgy, but had they really researched hoodia properly (disclaimer, I didn't see the program, a work colleague brought up the show this morning then laughed at my gullability "fad diets and hooky diet pills that's the secret" Hmmmm).

Offline JaneB

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 23/08/2006 14:25:25 »
Hi niknaksbarbeque

Yes I saw the BBC watchdog show.  I guess it was everything that you would expect i.e. confirmation that there are people out there happy to create "miracle pills" of rubbish for whatever ails you and the "gullible people" that fall into the trap of buying and using them.

My view is this.  Years ago, I had some terrible back pain which the recognised medical profession helped me with by telling me to go to bed for 6 weeks with a bottle of opium based tablets.  My back got a little better but I had to overcome a dependancy on the pills which I could have well done without - particularly at such a young age.  I spent years in pain and all my doctor could offer me was pills and surgery.  I looked into alternative help and came across a chiropractor who was achieving fabulous results apparently.  My doctor told me not to touch him as they were all just "quacks" and he could do me irreparable harm.  I had been in such pain for so long and having tried the "proper" medical help with results described above, I tried the "quack".  People looked at me with sympathetic eyes because of how gullible I was to see this man, just the same as some people look at you now if you want to try something alternative such as hoodia or homeopathy.  Well, the result was that, without any drug addiction, this man (a South African) "cured" me.  I still see chiropractors occasionally but lead an active, healthy life albeit a slightly plump one!  As you know chiropractors are now recognised and respected generally.  So my view is, that the "recognised" professions don't necessarily have all the answers right now and you have to take responsibility for helping yourself too.  This kind of communication between ourselves should help us support each other with what works and what doesn't and help us to bypass the "hooky" stuff.  But ignore the sanctimonious types who just want to "paralise" you into inaction becasue you might be "gullible".  I would rather be "gulible" but successful one day.  As I said, I have a good back program without drugs or surgery.  Also, I tried goodness knows how many "gullible" products to help me give up smoking which I did nearly 10 years ago and after 25 years.  So, just the weight to go now then!!

So, to the Super Slim 400......!!  It aint no miracle.  If I carry on eating "normally", which is big on carbs, to be honest I'm not convinced I can tell any difference!  But someone else said previously that best results are possibly achieved with a low carbohydrate diet.  That figures if you think about the San using it with almost no food treking across desert(apart from the odd high-protein snake etc perhaps?!) .  So that's what I'm trying now.  Stricter on the diet and much lower carbs.  I'll report back soon!

Offline niknaksbarbeque

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 23/08/2006 13:40:30 »

Offline JaneB

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 23/08/2006 14:25:25 »
Hi niknaksbarbeque

Offline Greenhill

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 24/08/2006 18:27:41 »
Could GrahamK , JaneB  , or anyone else please PM me with the name of a reliable supplier of Super Slim 400 in the uk. I tried doing a PM to Graham but the message just bounced back as being undeliverable. I really fear being ripped of by a disreputable company. It is really unfortunate that links have been removed.

Offline niknaksbarbeque

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 23/08/2006 13:40:30 »

Offline JaneB

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 23/08/2006 14:25:25 »
Hi niknaksbarbeque

Offline Greenhill

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 24/08/2006 18:27:41 »

Offline Greg

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 25/08/2006 10:53:04 »
Just do a search on google.co.uk for super slim 400,You will find a uk hoodia site selling it

Offline Greenhill

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 25/08/2006 13:16:37 »
Thanks but I have done that but I do not know any of these suppliers at all. However I get the feeling that I can trust people on this forum to give me an honest recomendation. Since all links are removed then I have to resort to looking for a PM. The administrator on this forum should have enough up in the smarts dept to work out the difference between  blatant advertising compared to honest advice, then act on a case by case basis. However such common sense has been banished in favour of total inflexibility.

Offline Greg

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 25/08/2006 15:17:11 »
If your stuck then

well i know you can get from hoodia-dietpills.co.uk,didnt put it as an active link or it will get thrown out
« Last Edit: 25/08/2006 15:17:47 by Greg »

Offline Greenhill

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 25/08/2006 16:02:10 »
Thanks for that. I had noticed that company. I find their advertising style to be distinctly iffy. In order to get a decent deal one has to buy three bottles. Even if they sell the real stuff their marketing strategy is like a modern day snake oil sales pitch. I am looking for a straightforward advertisment that sells one bottle at a time for a fair price. I am not looking for flashy sensationalism accompanied by a heavy discount for bulk buying. They may be straight. In fact they probably are. However I run a mile from that sort of advertising. Do these people really expect a first time buyer to buy three bottles ? On the other hand do they really think the same first time buyer would be happy to pay a substantial penalty for buying a single bottle ?

Offline Greg

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 25/08/2006 18:06:31 »
You can buy one bottle ...lol

Its just an offer if you buy two instead !!

Take another look

another_someone

« Reply #166 on: 25/08/2006 18:52:03 »
quote:
Originally posted by Greg

If your stuck then

well i know you can get from hoodia-dietpills.co.uk,didnt put it as an active link or it will get thrown out

Dead right - and I'd be one of those throwing it out - but I'll let you get away with this one ;)

George

Offline Greenhill

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 25/08/2006 18:52:07 »
Where did I say that you could not buy a single bottle ? I never said that you could not. Take another look at what I actually said.  Quite simply I do not like that kind of marketing strategy in the context of a  vulgar sales pitch. For a first time buyer there is a real problem of trust because of the sheer number of spivs  milking the "hoodia" market place.

Offline Greg

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 26/08/2006 09:16:16 »
"I am looking for a straightforward advertisment that sells one bottle at a time for a fair price"

You quoted ?

Hoodia is expensive stuff,So dont be fooled be the 9.95 and 14.95 for 800mg etc
Will leave you to do your own re-search on this,This board is to share knowledge

Offline Greenhill

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 26/08/2006 11:11:05 »
I would not expect to pay such low prices , I did say "fair price". I reckon 9.95 or 14.95 would be for useless (snake oil) product. However such is my lack of confidence in the marketplace  I would not assume that just because I paid 20 to 25 quid for a bottle that I would be getting the right stuff.

What I am really looking for is for someone to say that they have personally bought from a particular retailer. You did not exactly say that.

What do you mean by "knowledge". Let me guess.... suppose I shared my personal experience of using hoodia  after having got hold of the real stuff. I figure that would satisfy you. So I shall post my views for scrutiny and comment after I have got some.

First things first. I have to get the stuff. So for the furtherence of "knowledge" my enquiries  are perfectly reasonable. In fact for the furtherance of well informed debate it is vital that consumers can confidently obtain genuine effective hoodia.

I now gather that it is ok for folks to give such advice as long as the post does not contain links to the vendors website. That seems reasonable to me.

Offline Greg

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 28/08/2006 21:40:33 »
Good luck on your find then :D

Offline JaneB

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 30/08/2006 13:19:03 »
Hi Greenhill and Greg

Isn't hoodia a frustrating subject?!!  I still struggle to see the offence at giving weblinks - but hey, what do I know?  Greenhill, I so agree with you about the website that Greg mentioned but didn't give you the link to!  I have actually spoken to a chap from the company and was totally happy with him. He was open and honest about thier products and knows that their site could do with improvement; they are looking to update it shortly apparently.  I bought from them and was totally happy with the transaction.  A number of people on various forums have reported good results with Super Slim 400 (irrespective of where they bought it from). Personally, I have found it to be totally ineffective when eating "a balanced diet" but I am big on carbs by choice.  I was going to try a low carb routine but never really got under way properly - I wasn't planned properly I guess.  But what I have tried is to eat "almost nothing" during the day (perhaps a couple of peices of fruit and loads of water and a little fresh juice) and then have a "sensible" evening meal and I'm pretty sure that the Super Slim 400 helped me to stick to it.  I felt really comfortable all day and didn't go too beserk when I did eat - usually I would have been ready to roll up the carpets and eat them by the evening!  Now I know loads of people will disagree with this approach for all sorts of good reasons - I'm just saying that for me, a restrictive routine is often best and that I do believe that in those circumstances, the pills helped me.  I had to slip off the routine to fit in with some family festivities but I am going to give it another try because I think there's a chance it might work and that the pills may help.  If so hurrah!

Offline Greenhill

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 30/08/2006 14:10:10 »
Hi Jane and thank you Greg. I  have not bought any Hoodia yet but I am still thinking about doing so.

Jane I was wondering if it took a number of days for the superslim to take effect .I have read that it can take as long  as 15 days for the hoodia to "kick in" and an effect to be felt. On the other hand from reading  different reports it seems to work for some people much sooner . Was there a long lead up before the period that it helped you ?

Greg what is your experience of using Hoodia ?

Offline Greg

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 30/08/2006 15:36:19 »
Hoodia can be quite decieving when you see what is sold,Ive been using the super slim 400 capsules and they seem to be reducing my hunger (thats on 6 caps a day)
Could up the dosage as advised but will give it till the end of the week before i change my program.

Offline niknaksbarbeque

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 31/08/2006 12:30:38 »
Been taking Hoodia (Super Slim 400) now for about 1-2 weeks, so far not really noticed any massive difference in my hunger. Think this could be due to me eating due to boredom at work rather than hunger (or hoodia not working). Tried Zetacap and it didn't work for me either.

I need something that will actively make me not want to eat (e.g. sick feel when you've ate too much). Was thinking of trying Phentermine, any experiences?

Cheery
Mark
p.s. Where can I get tapeworms? *joke, maybe*

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #174 on: 31/08/2006 12:30:38 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length