The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Hoodia diet pills do they work?  (Read 238557 times)

niknaksbarbeque

• View Profile
Re: Hoodia diet pills do they work?
« Reply #175 on: 31/08/2006 11:30:38 »
Been taking Hoodia (Super Slim 400) now for about 1-2 weeks, so far not really noticed any massive difference in my hunger. Think this could be due to me eating due to boredom at work rather than hunger (or hoodia not working). Tried Zetacap and it didn't work for me either.

I need something that will actively make me not want to eat (e.g. sick feel when you've ate too much). Was thinking of trying Phentermine, any experiences?

Cheery
Mark
p.s. Where can I get tapeworms? *joke, maybe*

JaneB

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 30/08/2006 12:19:03 »
Hi Greenhill and Greg

Isn't hoodia a frustrating subject?!!  I still struggle to see the offence at giving weblinks - but hey, what do I know?  Greenhill, I so agree with you about the website that Greg mentioned but didn't give you the link to!  I have actually spoken to a chap from the company and was totally happy with him. He was open and honest about thier products and knows that their site could do with improvement; they are looking to update it shortly apparently.  I bought from them and was totally happy with the transaction.  A number of people on various forums have reported good results with Super Slim 400 (irrespective of where they bought it from). Personally, I have found it to be totally ineffective when eating "a balanced diet" but I am big on carbs by choice.  I was going to try a low carb routine but never really got under way properly - I wasn't planned properly I guess.  But what I have tried is to eat "almost nothing" during the day (perhaps a couple of peices of fruit and loads of water and a little fresh juice) and then have a "sensible" evening meal and I'm pretty sure that the Super Slim 400 helped me to stick to it.  I felt really comfortable all day and didn't go too beserk when I did eat - usually I would have been ready to roll up the carpets and eat them by the evening!  Now I know loads of people will disagree with this approach for all sorts of good reasons - I'm just saying that for me, a restrictive routine is often best and that I do believe that in those circumstances, the pills helped me.  I had to slip off the routine to fit in with some family festivities but I am going to give it another try because I think there's a chance it might work and that the pills may help.  If so hurrah!

Greenhill

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 30/08/2006 13:10:10 »
Hi Jane and thank you Greg. I  have not bought any Hoodia yet but I am still thinking about doing so.

Jane I was wondering if it took a number of days for the superslim to take effect .I have read that it can take as long  as 15 days for the hoodia to "kick in" and an effect to be felt. On the other hand from reading  different reports it seems to work for some people much sooner . Was there a long lead up before the period that it helped you ?

Greg what is your experience of using Hoodia ?

Greg

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 30/08/2006 14:36:19 »
Hoodia can be quite decieving when you see what is sold,Ive been using the super slim 400 capsules and they seem to be reducing my hunger (thats on 6 caps a day)
Could up the dosage as advised but will give it till the end of the week before i change my program.

niknaksbarbeque

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 31/08/2006 11:30:38 »
Been taking Hoodia (Super Slim 400) now for about 1-2 weeks, so far not really noticed any massive difference in my hunger. Think this could be due to me eating due to boredom at work rather than hunger (or hoodia not working). Tried Zetacap and it didn't work for me either.

I need something that will actively make me not want to eat (e.g. sick feel when you've ate too much). Was thinking of trying Phentermine, any experiences?

Cheery
Mark
p.s. Where can I get tapeworms? *joke, maybe*

silvietta66

• View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 01/09/2006 12:29:18 »
Originally posted by JennyBonsell

Yes !!

I used the pure hoodia pills from hoodia-dietpills.co.uk in the uk and they have made an impact within 4 days :)

Im suprised these have worked so quickly

Ive also got some diet extra ones,But have not tried them yet

Good luck everyone on your dieting !

Hi!
Could you pleas tell me if you have got any stomach pain or  diarrhoea
since you have stated using Hoodia?xx(

Silvia

Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 01/09/2006 20:55:20 »
Hi kids!  I just went back and read every post for this thread, and I'd like to throw in my 2-cents worth...

I tried the Desert Burn Hoodia, taking 4,500 mg per day (that's two capsules, three times a day - twice the "recommended dose".)  I used it for a month.  After a couple of days I though it was maybe working a little.  Then I realized it was just a fluctuation of my own body, because my appetite went right back to normal.  No extra energy, no toning, nothing.

So, being the desperate, gullible person I am, I tried another brand (sorry, can't remember the name) for another month.  Again, no effect whatsoever.  I have "researched" hoodia until my eyes ache.  Every brand claims that theirs is the ONLY one that works.  And 99% of them have certificates "proving" their authenticity.  Doesn't mean a thing.  (Also, although most of them offer Iron Clad Guarantees, I see that actually getting a refund from these companies is almost impossible.  What does that say about the quality of their product?)

So, my final (bitter) conclusion is that the hoodia available today doesn't work for most people.  The few people for whom it does work seem to have found one particular brand that works for them.  What works for one person is "sawdust" for another - which tells me there is probably a good bit of "placebo effect" going on here.  I haven't got $50+ to throw away every couple of weeks, trying every new brand, hoping to hit on one that works for me.  When an industry standard is established for the product, so that I have some real assurance that I'm getting what I'm paying for, maybe I'll give it another go.

Jody

alisonn1

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 03/09/2006 20:47:39 »
hi

ive just come across this site and read through the posts on hoodia!

im desperate to loose weight and find i eat all the time, even when  im not hungry!and i can binge eat event hough i know its no good for me!

anyway i tried the apple cider vinegar but they didnt do much so ive come across hoodia, from what i can gather its best to buy the pure hoodi-which typically is more expensive!lol

anwyay my main concern is i am on thyroxid and wondered if anyone knew of any side effects to hoodia, i have an underactive thyroid anyway which slows down my metabolism but the weight is jsut piling on i need to do somthing! :(

Greenhill

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 10/09/2006 16:29:09 »
I have noticed two different types of superslim 400 bottles. One has a woman smiling whilst clutching a set of scales and the other has no picture but a sort of curved rainbow design surrounding the product name.

Are they both the genuine article ?

JaneB

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 11/09/2006 16:43:05 »
Hi Greenhill
If it's any help, my bottles have the smiling woman with the scales.  I'm pretty confident that they are "the genuine article" from the certification that I checked into when buying.  However, whether they have actually been formulated appropriately to contain the active ingredient in a potent way is a point I'm happy to debate!  By this, I mean does the process of making the genuine cactus into a tablet destroy the active ingredient perhaps?  I don't know.  But for me, I can't say that they are helping to the extent that Alison1 describes and I think that most of us really need at times.  I.e. if I'm largely motivated to "be good", I think that they do help keep me being good.  However, if I'm "out of control", they do not make any difference to me.  They do not overcome my being "out of control" and put me back in control.

I must say though that I would be really interested though if everyone who said that the pills have definitely helped them reported that they had the curved rainbow on their bottles!!

Good luck everyone.

niknaksbarbeque

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 12/09/2006 10:18:55 »
Well the Hoodia Super Slim 400 now in the bin. Didn't really notice any change in appetite. Good luck to everyone trying it.

paulo

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 12/09/2006 15:29:27 »
I've spent a harrowing 5 hours going through all the comments on the Hoodia phenomenon! I'm at the point of purchasing online from pure hoodia in the uk. They've got the certificates and the works online BUT has anybody used this site OR thier product???

PLEASE please reply!

I'm also off to South Africa at the end of the month. Any pointers to where I can get the product locally in South Africa???

Many thanks
paul

clodiana

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 14/09/2006 19:38:47 »
I started with hoodia that I descovered here in Brasil, from SLim Lab, with 0800 number they say what pharmacy makes hoodia in your country and town. In 15 days I transformed my bad mood in a good mood. But I decided to ask my british sister send british pills to me, and when I started the british oneīs, they didnīt work well like the brazilians, then Iīm comming back to the brazilians, that are here, near me, but cost a litle more. To my sister in London those UK ones are working great, she is taking this for 2 or 3 months, better them that dermaslim, from usa, that was her first choyce. Luck for us. :I

angel

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 22/09/2006 20:37:28 »

Can any1 tell me where I can get hoodia pills that are safe to use whilst breastfeeding?

Also can any1 give me feedback on "Hoodia Quick" 400mg pills? Was thinkin of buying from them, bit unsure...

Blaize

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 24/09/2006 22:19:21 »
Hi everyone,

I'm 18 and have been unhappy with my weight for quite a long time.

I weighed around 12 and a half stone last year but I now think that I am hitting 14 stones now.:(

I've recently heard of this hoodia product and am quite interested but worried that I could be spending money on something that could leave me feeling worse than I do now.

I've tried many diet supplements before, some in excess, and none of them have worked.

As I said I am very interested in this hoodia product but so many different companies are selling it and I suppose I'm a little but baffled.?

Can someone please tell me if there are stores in London or somewhere in the UK where I can buy a hoodia product (that is guaranteed to work) over the counter that has worked for you.

If not can someone please give me a UK based link where I can order the real stuff at a fair price.  Deals for 3 for the price of 2 will be highly appreciated.  If USA shipping, and postage and packaging is free can I please get addresses or links for them to.

Thankyou.

KUKU4U75

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 26/09/2006 17:19:04 »
Hi everyeone,

I am new to this site and am thinking about taking this to help me with the extra baby fat that I have around still.  I would like to lose about 20lbs or more to get down to 130lbs.  I have a few questions about this stuff though?

1.  Does it make you jittery like all the other "fat burners" and stuff out there?

2.  How much weight has everyone lost from it? If any?

3.  What brand did you buy?  And where?  You can email me that question so your not advertising.

4.  Is it safe, has anyone had any negative side effects?

I am also exercising, but that doesn't seem to be getting rid of the extra weight.

Thanks for any help.

Kara

paulav

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 28/09/2006 13:27:06 »
Can anyone who has been taking Hoodia tell me, I know they are supposed to have no side effects, but as you lose your appetite, do you get any of the light headedness you would normally feel when you don't eat properly?

Dawn Moll

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 28/09/2006 20:53:50 »
I can only tell you I feel fine. It has enabled me to make healthy choices as I don't really fancy ANYTHING. But i'm sane enough to know I need vitamins fron food. No side effects for me tho.:)

Greg

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 29/09/2006 09:43:44 »
Sometimes you may feel a bit light headed,As im sure as when the hoodia works and affects your diet this can lead to the feeling dizzy
Make sure you use real pure hoodia as there is a lot of tat on ebay and the net that is 100% fake
The super slim 400 is a proven product and ive been using it for a while now and its working great in my current diet by reducing my hunger

Greg

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 30/09/2006 10:54:11 »
Hoodiamax is rubbish,They sell it on ebay
The price of it reflects that it cant contain real hoodia as well !
I used it ages ago and it never made any difference

Gboy

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 01/10/2006 16:48:17 »
This is funny as hell, you (almost) *all* sound like hoodia scammers trying to scam each other. Look at the "number of posts" of the authors.

Guerilla marketing<>Gorilla marketting.

The cactus, when chewed for a second or two, surpresses appetite for more than 10 hours. Totally.

If you're buying "Hoodia" and you can't quite tell if it's working, then it ain't hoodia.
Never take someone elses word for anything on the 'net (including mine).
Look up the legal issues too. Most companies could not legally be using hoodia, or it's active molecule.

G

Greg

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 01/10/2006 17:33:26 »
@gboy

Whay would we want to scam each other ?

I dont give a hoot what other people buy,Ive just used this forum to gather information and obtain a product that actually works ??

In your own time mateB)

Greg

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 02/10/2006 11:32:51 »
Well i typed hoodia max and got 48 results on ebay!!!!!
I challenge anyone to try,This product is to cheap to contain REAL hoodia,Do you research and you will find that it is an expensive ingredient

xx(

Greg

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 02/10/2006 11:36:27 »
Also "hoodiamax"

Is the same as

"hoodia max"

Gboy

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 02/10/2006 13:10:07 »
Notice I used the word "almost" and didn't stoop to any personal attacks. If you read the bulk of earlier posts you'll see people with low post numbers stating that they used band x and it works, some actually tring to post links. Fishy?

I think common sense would alert you as to who the observation was directed at...

SMF 2.0 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines

Login
Login with username, password and session length