The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Hoodia diet pills do they work?  (Read 295486 times)

Offline pveman

• First timers
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hoodia-advice.org
Re: Hoodia diet pills do they work?
« Reply #25 on: 11/05/2006 17:44:34 »
Hi All,

Let me start with full disclosure - I work for a company in the USA that researches and sells Hoodia products.  While we do sell a Hoodia product, I know most people here are from the UK and we do not ship to the UK.  So my point for posting here is not to drum up business.

That being said, I (in my humble opinion:)) do think we have some excellent articles on how to research the best Hoodia products on the market.  Our site is newbielink:http://www.hoodia-advice.org [nonactive] and you will see we have 5 lessons on Hoodia Gordonii.

I agree with what has already been said here - do your own research and make sure you get a pure Hoodia product.  Hopefully some of the articles on our site will give you some good background on the wonderful world of Hoodia:)

Thanks,
Dan

Offline Terii

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 11/05/2006 18:41:03 »
Here is more on Hoodia there:
http://dietpillsnews.com/category/hoodia-gordonii-review/ [nofollow]
Good luck to you!

Get even!

Offline toots

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 16/05/2006 09:59:25 »
Here is a quick update on the hoodia I bought last month from *********
Lost 6lbs in a month by taking the hoodia and eating a more healthy diet. Might have lost this weight without the hoodia but it is so much easier to eat well when taking the hoodia capsules.

Have just started my second pot and hope for more of the same. I can post again next month if anyone is interested?

(Please no advertising)
« Last Edit: 13/08/2006 04:16:08 by Karen W. »

Offline Terii

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 18/05/2006 17:25:40 »
toots it`s great! My totla weight loss is 20 pounds by now! With Hoodia also! I`m getting close to my target weight of 125 lbs now.

Get even!

Offline GrahamK

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 22/05/2006 12:28:46 »
I tried the pills from purehoodia.uk and they didnt really make an impact

It must of been the actual hoodia content ???

Anyone know more ?

Ive heard that any hoodia sites that CAN NOT show a certicate of pass are not to be trusted ?

Offline Terii

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 22/05/2006 18:00:11 »
Pure Hoodia MUST be the real stuff!
Read here:
http://dietpillsnews.com/category/hoodia-gordonii-review/ [nofollow]

Get even!

Offline GrahamK

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 22/05/2006 18:46:59 »
Well they never worked for me and i cant see any certification on pass results for pure hoodia

Im trying to get even and lose some weight !

[V]

Offline Val Vance

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 24/05/2006 18:13:57 »

I have been trying to do some research on Hoodia. I've even tried to be very aware of website addresses to determaine if there maay be a bias in the information. So far I've determined that za750 and Hoodia 911 have the highest amount (mgs) of the Hoodia and the Hoodia 911 comes with 90 pills rather than the customary 60. Does anyone have any feedback on either of these products?

Also, would anyone be willing to share their most recent results? I'd love to give one of them a try but I hate wasting my money and feel very cautious of the scammers.

Thanks. [:I]

Valerie Vance

Offline baby face

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 26/05/2006 19:35:31 »
Hi All,I,m just replying to all of you who are interested in buying "Pure Hoodia" in the uk,firstly they do work but I had to have over four tabs each day to really make a difference to my appetite,and even then my appetite was returning,however I had only ordered the one bottle to try them so I got through them really quickly as they certainly dont seem to contain enough of the hoodia,this time Im waiting on my Hoodooba coming from the states and I certainly have a good feeling about these,as these are the ones Lesley Staal tryed on the 60 minutes prog, and lost all appetite with. Good Luck Everyone Trying Hoodia xx

c.higgins

Offline GrahamK

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 27/05/2006 09:16:10 »
Well i tried purehoodia in the uk and there pills made no impact whatsoever !!

I have just recieved some from ************so i will post my results here in a day or two to let you know more

Fingers Crossed ;)

(Sorry No advertiseing on the forum Please)
« Last Edit: 13/08/2006 03:56:24 by Karen W. »

Offline missbliss

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 30/05/2006 18:28:59 »
quote:
Originally posted by GrahamK

I have just recieved some from ***************so i will post my results here in a day or two to let you know more

Fingers Crossed ;)

I've just started taking mine today from *********** these were 17.95 for 1 bottle. They are 1000mg each with 60 in a bottle.
I took them at 8.30am, and already feel like I've ate my entire cupboards, but could be placebo, so I'll keep updating.

I ordered mine before I realised that there were soo many fakers out there, so hopefully I aint been scamed, I didnt check for certificates or anything, although I have done some reserch after realising. Apparently the real 'hoodia' wont be ready till 2008, anyone heard this?

:)
                   (Sorry no advertising please)miss bliss
« Last Edit: 13/08/2006 04:13:14 by Karen W. »

Offline missbliss

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 30/05/2006 18:29:32 »
quote:
Originally posted by GrahamK

I have just recieved some from *************** so i will post my results here in a day or two to let you know more

Fingers Crossed ;)

I've just started taking mine today from ***********, these were 17.95 for 1 bottle. They are 1000mg each with 60 in a bottle.
I took them at 8.30am, and already feel like I've ate my entire cupboards, but could be placebo, so I'll keep updating.

I ordered mine before I realised that there were soo many fakers out there, so hopefully I aint been scamed, I didnt check for certificates or anything, although I have done some reserch after realising. Apparently the real 'hoodia' wont be ready till 2008, anyone heard this?

( No Advertising please ):)

miss bliss
« Last Edit: 13/08/2006 04:18:35 by Karen W. »

Offline Val Vance

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 31/05/2006 16:41:52 »
Last night my husband and I received two brands of Hoodia that we had ordered.

One is called Hoodia 911, it's through Slimciti.com, the bottle has 90 tablets, it claims to be pure Hoodia Gordonii and claims to have 800mg per tablet. We got 2 bottles for about $49.

The other is called Desert Sun 750, it has the seal on it that claims to be "Guaranteed South African Hoodia Gordonii, it has 60 capsules per bottle, claims to be 750mg per capsule and it too claims to be pure. We got it on ebay for 3 bottles at about $40.

We are both starting the Desert Sun brand first. I took 2 last night and did manage to ward off the late night snacking. We both took 2 tablets this morning at about 5:30am before we went to work out. We ate about 2 bites of a protein bar on the way. At about 8am this morning I ate a small bowl of hight protein cereal with soy milk and he ate a couple of chicken strips, homemade so no breading. We coat them in nut meal from Trader Joes.

We will both take 2 more, the recommended dose, at about 1pm. We are really giving this thing a fair chance and we are coupling it with regular workouts and fairly healthy eating. We won't be eliminating a glass of wine or a treat if it appeals to us but we are hoping that this stuff kills the appetite enough to ward off the grazing that happens off and on throughout the day.

We do have a great motivation. We want to feel confident in bathing suits for a tropical holiday in October. Yahoo!!

We will keep you posted on things as they progress.

Valerie

Valerie Vance

Offline Val Vance

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 02/06/2006 00:02:35 »
Several different sources advised to read the ingredients on the label first. Make sure that the only element is the Hoodia Gordonii from South Africa. If there are other ingredients you have no assurance of the percentages. Skip the thermogenic agents, caffeine and other assorted things that lay claim to dietary success. More isn't always better. The only way you'll know if the Hoodia is working is if it is the only thing you're testing.

The only item that we saw on the labels of the brands we purchased was the substance that made the capsule.

After we got our 2 brands we saw that one had the seal of South African Hoodia and the other didn't. So now we test. We're on day 2 and so far even though I am not a hungry as usual I still get that hungry feeling.

Toodles

Valerie Vance

Offline spider

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 03/06/2006 00:30:49 »
quote:
Originally posted by Terii

I`m taking Hoodia too and I love it! I lost 10 lb in a month, which is probably not that fast... but I hope to continue.

Get even!

Offline spider

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 03/06/2006 00:32:38 »
Originally posted by Terii

I`m taking Hoodia too and I love it! I lost 10 lb in a month, which is probably not that fast... but I hope to continue.

Get even!

WHERE did u buy them from and what cost?how many do u take per day>?really need to get some but scared of buying fakes
reply asap if u can:)

Offline Val Vance

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 03/06/2006 01:46:06 »
I did an online search and read up on the different brands. There is an independant website that compares the different brands and gives you a breakdown on each rating them from 1 (best) to 10 (not so good. Then I went to ebay for a buy now on one of the brands I selected. The Desert Sun 750 came to us in about 3 days. It gave us 3 bottles, buy 2 and get one free, of 60 capsulesin each bottle for about $40. We take 2 in the morning and 2 in the mid afternooon. The first day I also took 2 more in the early evening. The second day it seems to be working pretty good. Not snacking and choosing good meal choices. Not feeling overly hungry at all. There are some that say it takes a few days to get into your system. (750mg of Hoodia Gordonii.

The second choice we made was for Hoodia 911. I read up omn it and went right to the website that is on the bottle. newbielink:http://www.slimciti.com [nonactive] and purchased it from that site. We got 2 bottles of 90 tablets each for about the same price. We haven't tried this one yet. We are going to give the first brand a full chance. (800mg of Hoodia Gordonii)

Good luck and let us know how it goes for you in your search.

Valerie Vance

Offline Nero1718

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 03/06/2006 23:37:28 »
I just started taking Hoodia Supreme. I have about 40lbs at least to lose. Any take this one yet? I got it from GNC for 34.99. It's 400mg per pill supposed to take 2 a day?

Hope this works.

Offline GrahamK

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 05/06/2006 21:59:47 »
A success on hoodia at last !!!!

I used the super slim 400 tablets and these babies actually do work,I was taking around 6 pills a day,2 pills an hour before each meal

The gave me more of a full up feeling just before my meal

Im sure if you get pure hoodia tablets and the site can produce a cert on it being passed i think its a good bet they will work

Got them from ******************They were the cheapest i could find for the super slim 400 as other sites were a quid dearer :D

Good luck on your weight loss everyone

(NO ADVERTISING PLEASE)
« Last Edit: 13/08/2006 05:44:19 by Karen W. »

Offline Welsh Girl

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 06/06/2006 16:16:33 »
I started taking three capsules of hoodia a day three days ago - one at breakfast, one mid-morning and the third at lunch time.  I am a little less hungry but I've slept really badly for the last two nights.  It has taken me ages to fall asleep and I keep waking up through the night.  I'm not tired in the day which is bizarre but I'm sure I should be.  I don't know whether my poor sleeping is due to the Hoodia or whether the warm weather at night is keeping me awake.  Has anyone else noticed similar side effects?

Offline Casey

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 08/06/2006 20:13:00 »
I just did some research on best weight loss products available.  I am definately desperate to loose 100 lbs.  Hoodia was rated #1 on several sights so I thought I would do just a little reasearch on it.  I did order free samples from a company.  So I guess we will see what happens once I get the samples and start taking them.  I am definately looking for some assistance in the weight loss area I have never been this big in my life and no matter what I do I can't seem to shed the pounds even those 4 miles a day just don't seem to help any.  I will post more once I have tried my samples.  If they work good I will order a whole months supply or more.

Offline cb

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 08/06/2006 20:46:32 »
Can anyone tell me where I can get free samples of hoodia? a bit wary of buying it as there is so many different sites and types

Offline cb

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 08/06/2006 20:47:32 »
sorry should have said aswell, free samples in the uk

Offline rallynut

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 09/06/2006 12:19:35 »
quote:
Originally posted by baby face

Hi All,I,m just replying to all of you who are interested in buying "Pure Hoodia" in the uk,firstly they do work but I had to have over four tabs each day to really make a difference to my appetite,and even then my appetite was returning,however I had only ordered the one bottle to try them so I got through them really quickly as they certainly dont seem to contain enough of the hoodia,this time Im waiting on my Hoodooba coming from the states and I certainly have a good feeling about these,as these are the ones Lesley Staal tryed on the 60 minutes prog, and lost all appetite with. Good Luck Everyone Trying Hoodia xx

Babyface, I'm a newbie looking for a miracle cure and have done a fair amount of research, it would seem that the best bet for getting decent Hoodia is from the USA, can you tellme how you got hold of the Hoodooba and have you taken it yet? If so has it worked?

V

c.higgins

Offline rallynut

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 09/06/2006 12:21:12 »
OK my last post didn't go too well!!  wanted to quote babyface bit ended up changing the original post in the quote!!

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #49 on: 09/06/2006 12:21:12 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums