The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Hoodia diet pills do they work?  (Read 295365 times)

Offline lan

• View Profile
Re: Hoodia diet pills do they work?
« Reply #50 on: 12/06/2006 14:52:08 »
hi, new to this site..i was read all of this forum on Hoodia..and one place it mentions that if we buy from UK and cross it over here in Canada or USA we dont need to pay custom? I ordered from Ebay Desert SUN and so far i dont really see much difference...been on them for over a week now...i also ordered Hoodoba and saw a  bit of difference in hunger..i just finished that bottle of Hoodoba 750mg took forever to get it in Canada plus i had to pay custom.. :( so it comes out very expensive...now i just ordered Desert BURN but in juice form..hopefully i get it soon...they say in juice form cuts hunger right away cause pill form you have to wait to desolve etc etc..harder to take pill form if your not always home or scheduled...i will let you guys know how that worked...i get a funny feeling desert sun is a scam cause the real one that was on 60 min. was desert BURN...but i would be curious if i buy from UK if it would cost me less in all this shipping and handling and custom...

cheers
lan

Offline Terii

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 13/06/2006 16:58:19 »
Happy to hear all that! I loved Hoodia and it did help a lot! I`m almost   there at my weightloss!

Get even!
« Last Edit: 13/06/2006 17:26:28 by Terii »

Offline Terii

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 13/06/2006 20:24:50 »
Hoodia really works! I lost 30 lbs on it for the last 6 months! I`m soo happy!

Get even!

Offline lan

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 14/06/2006 15:41:16 »
Terii...what kind are you taking and what else do you do as diet? low carb or just exercising?
:)

Offline Terii

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 15/06/2006 18:17:34 »
I have Pure Hoodia Plus and yes, I watch my portion sizes, eat healthy food and do some horse riding as well as walk and use my bike to go to work and back!

Get even!

Offline Georgie1

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 16/06/2006 14:01:25 »
Hi
Just been reading all the comments on Hoodia and never realised how much bad Hoodia there could be!!!
I bought my hoodia off a website called Dermaslim.  They were 700mg each capsule, Hoodia Max they are called.  They definitely make me feel full cause I could usually eat everything in the cupboards but now I may eat a sandwich and half way through I don't feel like eating any more cause I am feeling really stuffed.
Has anyone else tried the ones on the Dermaslim website it was buy two get one free!! £47.00 including P&P for the three (I think, around that anyway)
Going on holiday in three weeks and hope to drop a lot of weight so heres hoping.  I will report back with the results. fingers crossed X:)

Offline sharl

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 17/06/2006 14:11:45 »
Hi all,

I risked it other day thought that's it im going to get some! Ordered 3 bottles for £54 from hoodiashop.co.uk and they arrived today. My partner and I are both taking them we took 1 at 10.30 this morning and have just taken another one now, 1 hour before we have jacket tatie and salad.

Lets hope they work.

Keep us updated on your progress peeps.

sharl

Offline Terii

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 18/06/2006 11:28:10 »
quote:
Originally posted by Georgie1

Hi
Just been reading all the comments on Hoodia and never realised how much bad Hoodia there could be!!!

God to hear you got the real thing! You`ve been lucky! Many peple are not so luck nywdays. Yes, there are many sites that sell fake stuff. What a shame!

Get even!

Offline linda1969

• First timers
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thenakedscientists.com
« Reply #58 on: 19/06/2006 18:53:26 »
has anyone tried hoodia diet-extra

Offline Terii

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 21/06/2006 02:39:19 »
Never heard of it.

Get even!

Offline lan

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 23/06/2006 15:49:29 »
question for all of you hoodia people

have anyone tried this brand?
**********************************thank you
lan

( Sorry we cannot advertise in the forums )
« Last Edit: 13/08/2006 05:42:22 by Karen W. »

Offline GrahamK

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 23/06/2006 15:53:40 »
Yes,One of the first i ever tried

Not much results and i got hit with £18 customs tax when i recieved them !!![:(!]

Offline lan

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 23/06/2006 18:30:13 »
hi graham, so what are you taking now? guess your from UK...dont worry i live in Canada and when my stuff comes from USA i get hit too with custom and taxes cause i live in Quebec..so we get doubled taxed plus custom...ex: 3 bottles of desert burn 750mg = 165$ canadian + custom, tax so all comes about to 200$ canadian...very expensive...

where in UK are you?
lan

Offline lan

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 23/06/2006 18:46:04 »
oh ok i read above you take slim 400 but they are only 480mg...i need something stronger cause nothing works on me :(

Offline lan

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 23/06/2006 19:06:58 »
ok so from what i am reading here everyone is taking hoodia...but a lot of you guys dont mentioned the KIND of hoodia...so what kind are you all taking and the mg of it and is it working??? i think you will all help out here if you tell us the brand and mg and if its good or not...please be truthful and dont try to sell your product saying its the best if you work for the hoodia company...wouldnt be fair for the ones that really wants to know what to buy...

cheers all
lan

Offline tootsie78

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 24/06/2006 04:52:27 »
Hey, Ian...I've been taking Hoodoba brand hoodia & it is 750 mg.  It really works!  I feel full for about 3 hours after taking it.  Only problem is, it's pretty expensive!!!  About $52 per bottle of only 60 capsules.  And if you REALLY want to lose weight, you need to take 3 capsules per day.  That would mean the bottle would only last you 20 days, & that would run into a TON of money.  I'm not really using it to lose weight.  I'm just using it to cut back on cravings, & to stave off my hunger for longer periods of time.  I think if I took 3 capsules per day, I would notice a difference in my weight.  But I just can't remember to take it!  UGGGGGGGGG!  I got mine off of ebay from a very reliable seller...but can't remember the ebay i.d. of her right now...sorry!
Good Luck to you!

Joy

Offline leimo

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 24/06/2006 13:24:41 »

Hi Guy's, i'm new to here but started taking pure hoodia a couple of days ago.  Things seem to be ok & hopefully will continue and get better as they are meant to take around seven days to get into your system.  I got mine off of ebay (uk)seller is prime-visions they are based in Germany and delivery was exceptionally fast.  They have a lot of good feedback, with lots of people returning for more of their product.

I will post back in a few days to let you know how things are going.  Also got to say 'congrats' to Terri, you must be so pleased. :)

Leila

Offline biggerben

• First timers
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hoodiaforum.org
« Reply #67 on: 28/06/2006 22:47:50 »
yes, in my opinion hoodia does work, but you need to make sure you do your homework and ask around about what works.. keep in mind though, not every brand works for everyone..

Open Discussion with NO ADVERTISING
newbielink:http://www.hoodiaforum.org [nonactive]

Offline K1ttycat

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 30/06/2006 12:52:32 »
Hi everyone - I'm so happy to have found this forum - getting tired of all the websites that are like infomercials! :)  

I also bought my hoodia from Prime Visions on ebay (the german seller.)  They have really positive feedback from 2-time buyers and I even emailed a few of the buyers to get their real opinion on the hoodia - all which came back positive.

I started taking the hoodia a week ago today and noticed that my appetite seemed to lessen and I could just about make it from meal to meal without a snack.  I still get a bit of a hunger fit where I feel like I could raid the house but if I just have a sip of diet pepsi or something like a ritz cracker the hunger feeling quickly goes and I'm back on track.  

I've been taking the pills three times a day, 1/2 before each meal like the seller recommended.

However, this Wednesday I noticed some problems with breathing.  I don't have asthma so to speak but I do have an enhaler just in case I get wheezy due to summer allergies.  (I probably get a new one about one a year, each summer - that's how little I use it.)   Anyhow on Wednesday I noticed my breathing seemed a bit more tight.  I wasn't wheezy but it was like once I would breathe in everything would constrict and it would be hard to exhale again to breathe in again, etc.  I think I must have eventually paniced because it rapidly became worse but after using my inhaler I was okay again.  

Starting today I'm down to just two pills a day - one before breakfast and one before dinner at night.  This afternoon again my breathing got a bit tight.  I don't know whether it is the hoodia or just high pollen in the air or something.  

Has anyone else have any alleric reaction or side effects to report?

Thanks,

Kathryn

Offline lan

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 30/06/2006 20:43:21 »
have anyone heard of HOODITHIN? its in liquid form...just curious if anyone has taken this before...so far ive finish 2 desert burn juice bottle and opened my last one and it isnt working at all for me...

:)

Offline carolmac34

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 01/07/2006 13:37:06 »
Hi there

I've just purchased my first lot Hoodia, after stumbling across it. The BBC's article on it got my curiousity going.  I ordered mine from **************** for 60 capsules, 1 months supply.  They arrived this morning & I will start taking them tomorrow.  The bottle says 100% Pure Hoodia direct from South Africa.  500mg of hoodia gordonii.  says to take 1 capsule 1hr before lunch and again 1hr before dinner with 8oz of water.  

I bought them to boost my weightloss.  For the past 3yrs i've done no exercise at all, due to a sciatica problem.  Luckily tho, i've been pain free since the beginning of this year and decided to get back to the gym etc.  I go 4 nights a week 2 hrs at a time & although my shape is changing and my clothes are getting looser, im not losing a lot of weight, but I am a lot hungrier.  So lets hope Hoodia is the answer for me.  I have 2 stones to shift, but if i can get a stone off for my holiday in 5 wks time i'll be chuffed to bits.

I'll post back on a regular basis to keep ya updated.  

Fingers crossed      (Please no advertising on the forum)
Carol ;)
« Last Edit: 13/08/2006 05:47:37 by Karen W. »

Offline lan

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 01/07/2006 13:56:19 »
well last night i ordered 500MG Hoodoba® Hi-Potency Elixir..im finishing the desert burn juice cause at that them prices i might as well finish them...i remember taking Hoodoba in caps and it started to work but i only bought one bottle not to waste money...so i decided to try it in liquid form...i have problems with caps..they tend to get stuck in the throat..lol..anyhow..will let you guys know but keep posting...
cheers lan

Offline GrahamK

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 01/07/2006 19:16:23 »
Simply hoodia was a waste of time and money for me,And refused a refund on the un-used bottles !!

[:(!]

Offline pepsilover382000

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 02/07/2006 03:23:26 »
hey i have just ordered mine today was skeptical at first but my sister in law said she had been taking it so i though i would try it what the heck need something to help.

have just started taking this hope it works

Offline spanner

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 03/07/2006 14:03:31 »
Hi all

I purchased some Hoodia Gordonii plus from Ultra Herbal ******************* on a knee jerk reaction after watching GMTV do an article on a revolutionary diet pill soon to be available in the UK.

I have approx 4 stone to lose after a couple of motorbike crashes, one which parlaysed me for over a year. No exercise and many drugs and steroids later means that I have ballooned and although am up and about now, cannot excercise due to remaining damage to hips & scarred sciatic nerve.

The hospital put me on some diet drug beginning with a 'Z', but they just made me have very very bad runs. They stopped the body saturating fat, but had revolting side effects.

Anyway - I have 4 bottles of the above tables and would really appreciate any comments ontheir success or lack of.

My problem is that I never wait until I am hungry now to eat, I pig out because I am being greedy. That is what I hope to curb.

Anyway - best of luck to the rest of you trying too!

(Sorry I edited your post as you cannot advertise on this site)
« Last Edit: 13/08/2006 05:50:41 by Karen W. »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #74 on: 03/07/2006 14:03:31 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums