The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Hoodia diet pills do they work?  (Read 295582 times)

Offline biggerben

• First timers
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hoodiaforum.org
Re: Hoodia diet pills do they work?
« Reply #75 on: 28/06/2006 22:47:50 »
yes, in my opinion hoodia does work, but you need to make sure you do your homework and ask around about what works.. keep in mind though, not every brand works for everyone..

Open Discussion with NO ADVERTISING
newbielink:http://www.hoodiaforum.org [nonactive]

Offline K1ttycat

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 30/06/2006 12:52:32 »
Hi everyone - I'm so happy to have found this forum - getting tired of all the websites that are like infomercials! :)  

I also bought my hoodia from Prime Visions on ebay (the german seller.)  They have really positive feedback from 2-time buyers and I even emailed a few of the buyers to get their real opinion on the hoodia - all which came back positive.

I started taking the hoodia a week ago today and noticed that my appetite seemed to lessen and I could just about make it from meal to meal without a snack.  I still get a bit of a hunger fit where I feel like I could raid the house but if I just have a sip of diet pepsi or something like a ritz cracker the hunger feeling quickly goes and I'm back on track.  

I've been taking the pills three times a day, 1/2 before each meal like the seller recommended.

However, this Wednesday I noticed some problems with breathing.  I don't have asthma so to speak but I do have an enhaler just in case I get wheezy due to summer allergies.  (I probably get a new one about one a year, each summer - that's how little I use it.)   Anyhow on Wednesday I noticed my breathing seemed a bit more tight.  I wasn't wheezy but it was like once I would breathe in everything would constrict and it would be hard to exhale again to breathe in again, etc.  I think I must have eventually paniced because it rapidly became worse but after using my inhaler I was okay again.  

Starting today I'm down to just two pills a day - one before breakfast and one before dinner at night.  This afternoon again my breathing got a bit tight.  I don't know whether it is the hoodia or just high pollen in the air or something.  

Has anyone else have any alleric reaction or side effects to report?

Thanks,

Kathryn

Offline lan

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 30/06/2006 20:43:21 »
have anyone heard of HOODITHIN? its in liquid form...just curious if anyone has taken this before...so far ive finish 2 desert burn juice bottle and opened my last one and it isnt working at all for me...

:)

Offline carolmac34

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 01/07/2006 13:37:06 »
Hi there

I've just purchased my first lot Hoodia, after stumbling across it. The BBC's article on it got my curiousity going.  I ordered mine from **************** for 60 capsules, 1 months supply.  They arrived this morning & I will start taking them tomorrow.  The bottle says 100% Pure Hoodia direct from South Africa.  500mg of hoodia gordonii.  says to take 1 capsule 1hr before lunch and again 1hr before dinner with 8oz of water.  

I bought them to boost my weightloss.  For the past 3yrs i've done no exercise at all, due to a sciatica problem.  Luckily tho, i've been pain free since the beginning of this year and decided to get back to the gym etc.  I go 4 nights a week 2 hrs at a time & although my shape is changing and my clothes are getting looser, im not losing a lot of weight, but I am a lot hungrier.  So lets hope Hoodia is the answer for me.  I have 2 stones to shift, but if i can get a stone off for my holiday in 5 wks time i'll be chuffed to bits.

I'll post back on a regular basis to keep ya updated.  

Fingers crossed      (Please no advertising on the forum)
Carol ;)
« Last Edit: 13/08/2006 05:47:37 by Karen W. »

Offline lan

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 01/07/2006 13:56:19 »
well last night i ordered 500MG Hoodoba® Hi-Potency Elixir..im finishing the desert burn juice cause at that them prices i might as well finish them...i remember taking Hoodoba in caps and it started to work but i only bought one bottle not to waste money...so i decided to try it in liquid form...i have problems with caps..they tend to get stuck in the throat..lol..anyhow..will let you guys know but keep posting...
cheers lan

Offline GrahamK

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 01/07/2006 19:16:23 »
Simply hoodia was a waste of time and money for me,And refused a refund on the un-used bottles !!

[:(!]

Offline pepsilover382000

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 02/07/2006 03:23:26 »
hey i have just ordered mine today was skeptical at first but my sister in law said she had been taking it so i though i would try it what the heck need something to help.

have just started taking this hope it works

Offline spanner

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 03/07/2006 14:03:31 »
Hi all

I purchased some Hoodia Gordonii plus from Ultra Herbal ******************* on a knee jerk reaction after watching GMTV do an article on a revolutionary diet pill soon to be available in the UK.

I have approx 4 stone to lose after a couple of motorbike crashes, one which parlaysed me for over a year. No exercise and many drugs and steroids later means that I have ballooned and although am up and about now, cannot excercise due to remaining damage to hips & scarred sciatic nerve.

The hospital put me on some diet drug beginning with a 'Z', but they just made me have very very bad runs. They stopped the body saturating fat, but had revolting side effects.

Anyway - I have 4 bottles of the above tables and would really appreciate any comments ontheir success or lack of.

My problem is that I never wait until I am hungry now to eat, I pig out because I am being greedy. That is what I hope to curb.

Anyway - best of luck to the rest of you trying too!

(Sorry I edited your post as you cannot advertise on this site)
« Last Edit: 13/08/2006 05:50:41 by Karen W. »

Offline LJ

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 03/07/2006 22:36:06 »
quote:
Originally posted by GrahamK

A success on hoodia at last !!!!

I used the super slim 400 tablets and these babies actually do work,I was taking around 6 pills a day,2 pills an hour before each meal

The gave me more of a full up feeling just before my meal

Im sure if you get pure hoodia tablets and the site can produce a cert on it being passed i think its a good bet they will work

Got them from *************They were the cheapest i could find for the super slim 400 as other sites were a quid dearer :D

Good luck on your weight loss everyone

LJ                     (Please no advertising on the site)
« Last Edit: 13/08/2006 05:54:44 by Karen W. »

Offline LJ

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 03/07/2006 22:38:18 »
Are the tablets from Hoodia-dietpills still working for you?
I hope so. I am about to order some.
LJ

LJ

Offline lan

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 04/07/2006 11:40:34 »
well i think after the 3 liquid hoodoba bottles, if that doesnt work that will be it for me...it is very costly for nothing so far...hopefully that will be the end of hoodia for me...guess it works for some and not for others...will keep you all posted for sure and you all do the same plzzzzz...  cheers

Offline GrahamK

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 04/07/2006 13:38:38 »
@LJ

The super slim 400 tablets are working quite well

They are helping me to reduce my hunger in a well balanced diet

I urge you to use the pure hoodia pills as the diet extra ones have a low hoodia content and seem to take a lot longer to work

Good luck !

Offline MAMAPOM6599

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 04/07/2006 18:24:40 »
I just ran across this site this morning. I bought Desert Sun 750 on ebay a few months ago, and it's worked wonders for me. I bought one bottle around 2/24/06. I got it on the 2/27 and started my diet that day. The first month I lost about 12 pounds. I was getting low so I ordered 5 more bottles from the same seller. I'm not a big morning eater, so I take my first pill around noon, the next one around 4, and the last one at 8. My biggest problem WAS snacking at night. I haven't snacked at night since 2/27. As of today, I've lost 34 pounds in little over 4 months. I went off my diet for a 10 day vacation, but didn't gain anything, I ate smart. I went back on my hoodia 8 days ago and lost another 3 pounds. I now have total control of my appetite, and I don't feel deprived. In the last 25 years, that's were every other diet failed me, I gave into my cravings. I count my calories and eat smart now, plus my attitude has changed. I'm doing this more to feel healthy again.

Offline GrahamK

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 05/07/2006 20:37:39 »
Most of the ebay hoodia is rubbish may i add,Im just going from my experience

Thought this may help anyone planning to buy

Offline clodiana

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 06/07/2006 13:06:50 »
I boght in Brazil Hoodia 500 mg, they are the representants of hoodia slim, I took 2 pills after lunch, and 2 in the meadle of afternoon, i need mor 2 to stop eating at night. They are working, but i didn“t started a real diet.:)

Offline biggerben

• First timers
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hoodiaforum.org
« Reply #90 on: 06/07/2006 14:19:21 »
yeah, ive had some good success with the purehoodia ones from the uk..really worked for me.. i tried some ones on ebay with no luck at all

Open Discussion with NO ADVERTISING
newbielink:http://www.hoodiaforum.org [nonactive]

Offline Tammera

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 06/07/2006 14:38:18 »
i tried ultra hoodia max 700mg from dermaslim about a week and a half ago. im not sure if its just a wrong one for me or what, but within a few hours of taking it i knew i was going to get diarhea, as my belly started bubbling like it would if you took a laxative. i tried it for about 4 days and had the squits everyday till i stopped. i didnt feel less hungry either. ive heard good reports for this company so not sure why its having a laxative effect on me.

do you think its just wrong for me, or maybe its normal to have the squits and im not taking enough (was taking 1 an hour before meals 3 times a day)

Offline clodiana

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 06/07/2006 15:17:53 »
quote:
Originally posted by Tammera

do you think its just wrong for me, or maybe its normal to have the squits and im not taking enough (was taking 1 an hour before meals 3 times a day)

I didn“t feel anything strange, just almost no hungry.

Offline tootsie78

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 06/07/2006 16:19:03 »
I have taken Hoodia (different brands) off & on for about 6 months now, & I have NEVER had the squirts from taking them.  I have NO idea why it was giving you diarrhea!!!  That sounds awful weird.  I'd advise you to quit taking them & talk to your dr about it if it really bothers you.

Also, for all you people out there who were buying off of ebay with no success, let me tell ya something.  The ONLY, I repeat ONLY brand I would recommend buying off of ebay is Hoodoba brand.  It is genuine.  However, it is very pricey, about $52/bottle of 60 capsules.  It is worth it though if you are serious about using it to curb your appetite.  I only take 1 capsule/day, & that is in the evenings.  I do this to help curb cravings & evening snacking.  I was always a TERRIBLE evening snacker, but not anymore!  Part of this is mind over matter too.  You got to WANT to change your eating habits before any pill will ever work for you!

Hope this little bit of info helped!

*Joy*

Offline GrahamK

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 06/07/2006 17:38:18 »
Hoodoba off ebay ?

Ive heard different things about them,I wouldnt risk it when you can get pure hoodia from official uk sellers

Ebay goods and products make me cringe[}:)]

Offline lan

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 06/07/2006 18:40:35 »
When I first started hoodia yes i did buy from ebay desert sun 750 3bottles...and it didnt do anything whatsoever...for me, they werent good so wasted $$$ there...ive order Hoodoba and yes it did work so so...i am waiting for my 3 bottles liquid from Hoodoba...also, i order my regular vitamins often from Puritain Prides and they just started to sell Hoodia and i gave them a call to asked if its pure and if its certified from South Africa and if its from them...she went to check it out and came back to say it is from South Africa and certified...so if you guys are interesting to have a look here is the webpage... and they are having a buy one bottle get 2 FREE...so have a look and you can always call them up if your not sure...
lan      (NO ADVERTISING PLEASE)
« Last Edit: 13/08/2006 05:59:40 by Karen W. »

Offline tootsie78

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 06/07/2006 18:53:22 »
Ok GrahamK, who would you suggest buying it from then?  I am in the U.S., so how can I get it from UK sellers???

*Joy*

Offline GrahamK

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 06/07/2006 20:35:58 »
@tootsie

Im using the pure super slim 400 tablets from :

They work a treat as ive used a few brands and had no affect

Im not 100% sure they will ship to US as you may need to email them first,But there must be some companies in the US that stock the super slim 400 range

Its available worldwide i was led to believe

Hope this helps      ( NO ADVERTISING ON THE SITE PLEASE)
« Last Edit: 13/08/2006 06:01:33 by Karen W. »

Offline sultry33

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 07/07/2006 14:23:44 »
:Dhello im on hoodia diet max which is 500mg hoodia.
i take 1or 2 a day. so far i week 1 lost 5pounds. this week not weighed yet.

no hunger an get full quick seems great:D i got them off ebay too
£12.95 for 60 tabs cool

j

Offline lan

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 08/07/2006 13:55:53 »
Tooties...i dont see why UK wouldnt ship to USA...i live in canada and i order stuff from UK...i would be curious if i buy the hoodia from UK if I would pay customs...cause when i order from USA i end up paying custom and man does the product come out expensive even if our $$ is almost the same as USA...i have family in UK...i should ask them to buy it for me and ship it here...might be cheaper.. :)

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #99 on: 08/07/2006 13:55:53 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums