The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Hoodia diet pills do they work?  (Read 238609 times)

Greg

• View Profile
Re: Hoodia diet pills do they work?
« Reply #200 on: 02/10/2006 14:25:25 »
I think this post should be closed as its getting a bit heated....

Greg

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 08/10/2006 16:31:37 »
Anything over 500mg is rubbish and not real,As this hoodia stuff is very expensive as i have stated in previous posts
There is too many companies advertising 800mg and 1200mg for like 10 to 20 a bottle !
This is not possible due to proper hoodia costs

jagprompts

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 24/10/2006 18:27:03 »
I just purchased Desert Sun from Ebay.  I read from at least one who has used it and thought it worked.  Has anyone else out there tried this and has it worked at all for you?  Thanks for any feedback!

Greg

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 24/10/2006 21:58:23 »
Most ebay hoodia is crap,Read the entire post for more information

MrJ

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 30/10/2006 23:52:14 »
Beware of the outfit reccommended by Greg . I read through all of the posts in this forum very carefully. I decided to order from the company he recomends:  hoodia-dietpills.co.uk . That was six days ago. I have had nothing in response. They have over 50 quid of my money and yet I have nothing. Not even a confirmation e-mail. I tracked down their telephone number and yet I get no respnose except for a voicemail service. This is very poor customer service. Have they gone bust ? Are they con artists ? I do not know. All I know is that they have my money and I have nothing. They claim on their website to send the goods by first class post........... well six days is a little too long for first class and do they not answer the phone.

SuperDiet

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 31/10/2006 11:30:51 »
I ordered from them and they delivered in 5 days !
Mind you, i did order mine over the net though,So i cant comment on the them not answering the phone.
Also i got a email reciept from them once i ordered ?

How did you order ?

MrJ

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 31/10/2006 13:28:37 »
Well now I have received mine in  7 days. The 7 days is not the real problem. The real problem is the lack of communication from the vendor. According to their website items are sent First Class Recorded. Nothing more is said. They could easily add that there may be a delay before they actually send the item.

In addition I would suggest that you may not have got an e-mail receipt from them but an auto generated receipt from paypal. Such auto responses are received by anyone using Paypal. What I got was one such computer generated receipt from paypal : that does not count as genuine personal reassurance.

Having said that if they sent me a  ready prepared e-mail ( something that they could use over and over again) which thanked me for the order and explained that they only posted on certain days or there is sometimes a delay in posting then I would find that to be acceptable. They could do that easily but do they bother ? Answer  NO !

So after 6 days of nothing I start to get frustrated and phone them up only to be greeted by an answering service. All day all night an answering service. The answering service had an auto message from their telephone company. Not the voice of a  person within their company. The message service cut me short. It only gives a limited amount of time. Can they not go out and buy a proper answering machine so customers can at least hear a real voice and get the chance to leave a proper message ? Better still why not just answer the phone.

I had previously got in touch with an issue regarding difficulties in making a payment using their e-mail service on the website but they never got in touch with me. I did manage to make the payment but I still had a genuine concern so I did not bother e-mailing them on this issue. If they do not respond to e-mails what is the point in sending them.

The fact that they did not respond to that e-mail made me predisposed to distrusting them. So when the goods did not arrive quickly I began to worry.

All I needed was a bit of contact.  Now I have got the goods but it has been an unpleasant experience.
I am afraid I was a bit rude when I left a message on an that abysmal answering service so it has ended up a bit unpleasant for them.

The items were also poorly packaged and one of the bottles was damaged in the Royal Mail Machinery.I got three bottles  rattling around in a big jiffy bag. The bag should have been folded over and secured properly with packing tape to give extra padding and to prevent the bottles moving around.

The lesson to be learned here is that a little bit of customer service goes a long way. It need not take up a lot of time or cost a penny but it makes all the difference.

SuperDiet

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 31/10/2006 13:35:22 »
Oh well sorry to hear that,Just hope the product works for you !

Im in testing now

PureSlim

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 01/11/2006 13:41:23 »
Hello All,

My name is James and I run a company which sells hoodia gordonii in the UK and in the US.

I am not about to start promoting my product or critising others.

All I will say is that you should do your own research and sadly, you cannot believe everything that you see on this site or on the web in general. Many of the posts here are not unbiased, be warned.

If there is anything that I can help with then I will try and visit this forum as regularly as possible and offer any advice I can, but I would rather stay away from commenting on particular brand names as it will only cause problems in an industry that needs no help in confusing the customer!

Finally, I would like to say that hoodia gordonii is a very good appetite suppressant and works for the vast majority of people, however, it is not a miracle product and you cannot lose weight unless you burn off more calories than you take on.

Best of luck to all those trying to lose weight and I hope that my post helps.

Greg

• View Profile
Hoodia diet pills do they work?
« Reply #209 on: 18/01/2007 17:30:17 »
So any more news on the hoodia diet pills you guys are using ?

Anyone found any better results ?

This threads gone dead lol

Hoodia

• View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 04/03/2009 07:19:07 »
Hoodia works if you expect to suppress your appetite.
It is not weight loss pill, but if you make exercises while taking hoodia pills, it will be a plus for you diet

SeanB

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 12/07/2009 16:50:49 »
Most of the Hoodia pills are more filler and such than the actual fruit. As such they are not terribly effective. If you can get the freeze dried Hoodia fruit that is hard to fake, as it is an actual slice of fruit that is freeze dried and packed. It is a somewhat spiky slice with a green rind and a pulp inside containing seeds.

I do know a guy who makes this, but am not advertising him ( sorry) as the forum requests this. He also grinds the cosmetic reject dried Hoodia and packs it into a capsule, and he gave me some free samples to try. Tried them on and off, but cannot say about efficacy. I do know this is available in the USA, probably best to look online for it.

jimmythelad

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 10/01/2010 22:59:57 »
Well i typed hoodia max and got 48 results on ebay!!!!!
I challenge anyone to try,This product is to cheap to contain REAL hoodia,Do you research and you will find that it is an expensive ingredient

xx(
I agree with what you are saying but it is possible to get it cheap if you are willing to spend big and get a bulk discount. So some companies can sell high quality hoodia at a good price.

chemtester

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 17/06/2010 21:15:00 »
I tried hoodia.  It kept me up all night and I don't think it is the miracle product that they make it sound like

alexhusty

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 25/08/2011 10:25:59 »
A friend of mine uses Hoodia Patch for the past 3 months or so and she says that it is working right for her and she has not experienced any kind of complications. It would take you some amount of time to get the results. Apart from Hoodia Patch, there are several other slimming diet pills available like Mod edit - Link removed etc which you should certainly have a look on.
« Last Edit: 25/08/2011 10:39:22 by BenV »

stacey

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 08/06/2013 03:28:44 »
I tried it but it didn't really give me much result. I like prescopodene better. I immediately felt its effect and saw result within weeks.

ronipty

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 18/03/2014 15:55:20 »
Before taking any kind of natural supplements you should review them, i found this http://reviewsdiets.weebly.com/1/post/2014/03/about-hoodia.html   
Hoodia is pretty good, but you must be sure you don't have any disease listed on the article. :(!
Do a lot of excercise and a good diet.

SMF 2.0 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines