The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Superstring theory?  (Read 1954 times)

Offline Raghavendra

• Quantum
    • View Profile
    • Raghavendra
Superstring theory?
« on: 03/02/2010 04:13:46 »
 Is Superstring theory is useful for study universe?  Because it can only assume but this theory practically does not apply...
        But i am really confused ... I think we need more discovery in mathematics.

If this theory completes what's going to happen?
  Can we invent time machine?

Offline AlphaPiRho

• First timers
    • View Profile
Superstring theory?
« Reply #1 on: 07/01/2011 08:10:28 »
If you are talking about time travel or time manipulation then, you are looking into a topic that has been around since 1000+ years BCE.  The first disscusion or expierement was tested if you will by the ancient druids.  The other theoris say you need a Delorian afixed with a flux capasitor going at 88 MPH.

Offline Foolosophy

• View Profile
Superstring theory?
« Reply #2 on: 07/01/2011 08:40:42 »
Is Superstring theory is useful for study universe?  Because it can only assume but this theory practically does not apply...
        But i am really confused ... I think we need more discovery in mathematics.

If this theory completes what's going to happen?
  Can we invent time machine?

This is a very good question.

From what I understand so far, ST is actually not a science - more of a mahtematical philosophy that lacks experimental validation (yet)

In fact if experimental evidence or observational data does not appear in the near future ST is in danger of slowly setting in the horizon of lost theories (and that is a very LONG horizon)

The Naked Scientists Forum

Superstring theory?
« Reply #2 on: 07/01/2011 08:40:42 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length