The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Will attraction gravity of Newton bend light when passing behind the sun?  (Read 10981 times)

Offline jsaldea12

• View Profile

If matter, like earth and sun curl/ripple spacetime, such ripple, curling can be detected in that million length tail of comet, if there is, it could make the tail wavy, too, follow too, become curling but there is none..
unless the curl/ripple of spacetime is of short length that it cannot be detected.

Attraction gravity, positive to negative,  binds that million length tail. Water has positive and negative property.

jsaldea12

Offline BenV

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Is that a "no"?

Offline jsaldea12

• View Profile

... I am willing to entertain that I can be wrong ... We are all just human beings.

This comet is good ground for research. One thing I am sure of is the tail, though ionized and state of coma are grouping, composed of positive and negative, evidence of of attraction gravity.

jsaldea12

Offline BenV

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile

... I am willing to entertain that I can be wrong ... We are all just human beings.
I'm pleased to hear it. The idea of a discussion forum is that we can all learn from one another. If someone doggedly sticks to their pet hypothesis despite evidence to the contrary, it's like talking to a brick wall.

Offline jsaldea12

• View Profile

"Jsaldea12 - do you accept that your hypothesis may be wrong based on the observations pointed out by Madidus_Scientia?"

But I agree with peer Madidus_Scientia. there is magnetism in water, fresh. That is why the tail of comet is still grouping,with linked, even at the length is 150 million miles tail!! before the tail separate.If there is no attraction, the tail cannot sustain such length.

"Are you willing to entertain the prospect that you are, in fact, incorrect?" To err is human.

Regards,

jsaldea12

Offline jsaldea12

• View Profile
Fresh water is gravitationally attracted, (positive to negative), just as  earth and everything on it is gravitationally attracted, pulled by the moon. …though human beings cannot feel the pull of the moon, it is there..This is concrete example of Newton definition of gravity. To my peer, I did not say that fresh water is not gravitationally attracted.

Can I be wrong? Yes, to err is human. we are just that.

Jsaldea12

Offline Madidus_Scientia

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
No, but you said it would be less gravitionally attracted than salt water. That does not match observation.

Offline jsaldea12

• View Profile

This is good: let me know what you know.

By the way, given a little more research, I shall be revealing the real culprit what is this repulsive force of cosmological constant. It is neither dark matter nor dark energy.

jsaldda12

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums