The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: How do Holographic chips that are worn against the bodywork for pain, sleep etc?  (Read 13348 times)

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
I am supposed to try these new patches tomorrow. They are clear thin holographic chips that are used to aide in pain relief, sleep, and to give you energy. Each one is a separate patch. I am  of course not to use the energy one while sleeping ;) LOL

This is a Homeopathic new item for me to try....

I have never heard of them before.. They are put out by a company called CieAura. There  supposedly has been a lot of scientific studies done with them, so if you all would not mind Kicking down with some information, I would be most appreciative.

As a skeptic.. I wonder how the heck a holographic chip could work for such things?

This is what I quoted from this place about these things when trying to find out more..

Can you tell me anything relevant or is it all PHOOEY?

http://forums.hpathy.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10752

"Transparent Holographic Chips are a revolutionary new technology using tried and effective homeopathic treatments devised over the past decade. The Transparent Holographic Chips effectively are computer programmed holograms which when applied to a person or animal reacts with the person or animals’ natural bio-magnetic field surrounding the body, causing minute positive disruptions of the bio-field and causing the body to balance its own energies. When the Transparent Holographic Chip is applied to specific acupunctured areas, specific results such as the increase in energy, increase in stamina, deeper, more restful sleep, and other assorted reactions occur, depending on the program formula of the Holographic Chip and the related placement.

Transparent Holographic Chips are designed to interact with the bio-magnetic sheath around the physical body in a combination of ways that have been demonstrated for thousands of years to work effectively to heal and improve life. Holographic Chips have the look of simple decals on the body or clothing and are totally non-invasive and without any chemical component.

Our Holographic Chips use a combination of tones, colors, signs, symbols and essences or aroma that when placed along sensitive acupuncture meridian points, affect positive health responses. Holographic Chips are processed programs that are based on the combinations of homeopathy processes used in achieving harmony and balance for the life form.

Holographic Chip users are reporting increased focus and concentration along with better feelings and physical abilities.

A critical requirement for Transparent Holographic Chips to be effective is proper hydration - drink pure water. It is especially important for athletes, in particular, to continually consume water, preferably specially structured water, while wearing the Chip. The only limit to cellular communication is hydration; consequently, by increasing cellular communication in the body by drinking pure water increases the affect of Holographic Chips.

The Transparent Holographic Chip employs a revolutionary technological approach to the re-alignment of two of the body's most important functions... the Human Life Functions and the Immune System Functions. Once these functions are re-aligned to where they should be for your given age, the immune system's ability to perform the removal of pathogens in the human body (Bacteria, Viruses, and Fungi) is enhanced.

We also begin to achieve an electro-chemical balance in our body, required for wholesome cell production. These invaders of the human body are believed to be the cause of many illnesses and afflictions. When the body is disrupted with the everyday intake of beverages, food, and bombarded with micro-waves, both human created and those from the cosmos, our Human Life Functions and Immune Functions go out of “balance”.
The Transparent Holographic Chip products restore the balance thus allowing our body's defenses to perform at their peak abilities thus giving the body renewed energy and stamina. In doing so, the best medicine for the body, the bodies own natural immune system, is working at capacity.

Numerous general health improvements will be noted along with unresolved health illnesses.

Our Chips do not treat or cure any specific disease; it simply enables the body to function at a higher level of health. When this type of natural healing environment is present, the body is able to effectively repair and heal itself in many cases. Naturally, individual results will vary depending upon numerous personal and environmental factors such as overall state of health, age, diet and so forth."
« Last Edit: 09/02/2010 03:56:57 by Karen W. »

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
Hey, if it works for you it's not necessarily phooey, although the cynic in me suggests somebody is trying to make a fast buck here.

"Transparent Holographic Chips are designed to interact with the bio-magnetic sheath around the physical body" sounds particularly suspect. Some might even go as far as describing it as complete bullsh#t!  ;D

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Well thats what my brain says Too!! LOL.. Not to mention most people do not drink enough water so increasing that alone would probably make one feel better, it does for me anyway!
So what about all this scientific study that was supposed to have been done..???

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
Well there is science that says placebos can actually help in some situations. There was an interesting Scientific American prog on PBS recently with Alan Alda about legitimate research into placebos, and, in some cases they really do help some people. They even did a study where a real acupuncturist gave regular treatments with fake needles that looked as if they were penetrating the skin, but they really were not.

So, it would not surprise me that some people thought they were making a difference. But if they didn't do a controlled test on a large number of people where some people were given fake holograms and others were given real holograms (but could not tell the difference) then they don't have much evidence.

BTW - should this be in Phisiology and Medicine?
« Last Edit: 09/02/2010 04:38:14 by Geezer »

Offline JP

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Hey, if it works for you it's not necessarily phooey, although the cynic in me suggests somebody is trying to make a fast buck here.

Bingo!  I could go into a technical explanation of holograms if you want, but basically they record interference patterns between two beams of light, usually with the goal of extracting useful information about one of those beams if the other one is known (often in the lab, you have a known laser beam and an unknown beam coming from an object of interest.)  They won't do anything to or for you unless you have light shooting out of your pores. 

Of course, drinking plenty of water is always sound advice...

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
... computer programmed holograms which when applied to a person or animal reacts with the person or animals’ natural bio-magnetic field

This is a new twist on the old "aura" scam:
 the proponents show a Kirlian photo like below and claim it demonstrates, "bio-electric" aura emanating from the subject...

http://www.sciencephoto.com/images/download_lo_res.html?id=808500030

but as you can see below the phenomenon also occurs with inanimate objects so cannot be "bio"

http://www.sciencephoto.com/images/download_lo_res.html?id=726820059

High voltage electricity is used to create these Kirlian photographs, the electricity is not generated by the subject.

Transparent Holographic Chip...
Sounds like a bit of Sellotape, (a.k.a Scotch tape).

PS Just googled "CieAura", they do the old pyramid scam too.
« Last Edit: 09/02/2010 07:01:43 by RD »

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Well I may be desperate to control the pain but hell fire.., I'm taking them back unused making them take them off my bill!!! LOL.. I thought they sounded really hokey!! Thank you all! YAYYYYYYYY!!

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums