The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Cannabis  (Read 23598 times)

Offline Abraham Lincoln

• First timers
    • View Profile
Re: Cannabis
« Reply #50 on: 09/01/2005 11:27:11 »
I am a dyed-in-the-wool American Right Winger, and although I would certainly disagree vehemently with most of the political views of commenters in this forum, I must say this:

Marijuana should be legalized, with all but a few regulatory controls.  

If the government did this, we'd have a ****load more money to spend on getting the REAL demon drugs (cocaine, heroin, meth, et cetera) off of the streets.

It's ridiculous the way law enforcement goes after this little plant.

The medical benefits are also significant for some conditions.  

Of course, it should be illegal to drive while on it (it already is). The government should (heavily) tax commercial sales of it, advertising cannot be directed to minors, the 'smoking' age should be 18 years (BTW alcohol drinking age should be lowered back down to 18 too), cancer warning should appear on packages for commercial sale.

I agree with the commentor that pointed out the veiled agenda of the real reaons why it was made illegal - that the paper and textile industries saw it as a threat.  Paper and fabric made from hemp are far superior and longer-lasting than cotton.

Thank you,

American Right Wing lunatic

Abraham Lincoln

Offline Abraham Lincoln

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 09/01/2005 11:32:22 »
BTW the post listed right before mine, headed "orignally posted by ylide" was not posted by me I don't know how it got my name on it!

Abraham Lincoln

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #51 on: 09/01/2005 11:32:22 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums