The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Sir Patrick Moore  (Read 6626 times)

Offline Neil Denham

• First timers
    • View Profile
    • Words Fail Me
Sir Patrick Moore
« on: 17/03/2010 18:59:39 »
We had the great pleasure of interviewing Sir Patrick Moore for our podcast, what an amazing man, he has done so many great things in his life it was hard to know what to talk to him about for the few minutes we had!

Will we ever see such a great astronomy broadcaster again? Brian Coxs new series is excellent and much talked about on this forum, but in 40 or 50 years time I cant imagine he will still be on our screens, yet Moore has been on TV and radio for longer as most people have been alive!

I am still in awe!!!

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
Sir Patrick Moore
« Reply #1 on: 18/03/2010 03:53:13 »
He is a fantastic guy. And this is St Patrick's day too.

Offline Neil Denham

• First timers
    • View Profile
    • Words Fail Me
Sir Patrick Moore
« Reply #2 on: 20/03/2010 14:38:11 »
I had not even noticed that! I had a pint in his honour, he is the REAL St. Patrick!!!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
Sir Patrick Moore
« Reply #3 on: 21/03/2010 19:15:47 »
I think Sir Patrick of Moore is like Sir David of Attenborough...a national treasure...but they both have something else going for them too..they were amongst the first to do what they do on a public broadcast system.....especially Patrick.........for so long he had the monopoly and thus he became part of our cultural furniture.

I can not imagine anybody else attaining such an air of familiarity. He is, in every aspect of the word..... a pioneer..... and they can only be succeeded............never replaced !

The Naked Scientists Forum

Sir Patrick Moore
« Reply #3 on: 21/03/2010 19:15:47 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length