The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Zetacap and General weight loss - 2  (Read 368598 times)

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
  • Can't stand the heat, step away from the fire!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.m2global.com/stormdiamonds
Re: Zetacap and General weight loss - 2
« Reply #100 on: 31/08/2006 03:52:40 »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAREN!!!  I hope you had a good birthday!!!  Many more...if you were here I would sing happy birthday to you!

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 31/08/2006 09:54:04 »
THANKYOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!! I posted off and on in between sleeping and then postin then sleepin at my desk. A nice friend called and wanted me to make sure I went for a for a lovely walk, get out of the housea bit, but I must say my feet were the size of footballs today so walking was out. They are some better tonight so Maybe if I am lucky tomorrow, I will take that walk. Although this evening around midnight I went to the car and when I began to come in, I looked up into the sky to my surprise I seen the most beautiful stars it was warm 70 degrees and clear as a bell. STARRY STARRY NIGHT!So very beautiful and I could not help thinking of you all out there looking at he same stars and contemplating how big this planet we live on is and yet how small in comparison to what you see on the observation of a beautiful clear night!! It was quite breathtaking and made me a tad sorry I was all alone on such a beautiful night!! It was a night that should have been shared sitting on a blanket in the field gazing up at the awesomeness that is there above us. So beautiful!!! Did any one out there get to see it?

Thankyou all for the happy Birthdays and For my special ecards! I love them. Jody Andrea Loretta Carolyn, George, all of you Thank you so much! You guys are the best! I am fixing to nod off again so I'm going to head down the hall into the bedroom.. Maybe I can sleep till morning we will see, if not I'll be back!!!

Karen

Offline JOSEFINA

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 31/08/2006 13:47:37 »
Karen - Sorry I'm a day late......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 31/08/2006 15:45:59 »
Karen - Where do you live?  It's hard to see many stars where we live - to many city lights.  :(

Jody

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 31/08/2006 17:11:32 »
I live in upper northern California. It is a beautiful area, Humboldt County! It was very beautiful last night. Where are you Jody!! I live about 8 or so miles inland. Very beautiful area with natural forests all around me and the evening are generally nice and clear. We do have lots of fog just at about 6 miles. Toward the ocean the fog is very common to hang out. When I was a kid All the records of foggy areas in the world, we made the top three I believe, but over the years that has changed. They used to compare Humboldt to Englands foggiest areas. Tis no more like that with the weather changes over time.It used to be so bad I can remember my parents having to open the car door and try to see the yellow line in the road from the door being open and driving really slow because visability between Arcata and Eureka were so bad. But that has been many years ago. I remember many a nite driving home from the Drive-In all of us children ( 7 ) in my parents old station wagon and we had been to see the movies as a regular routine every single night during the summer. My mom was alone in the summer as Step Dad worked away from home. He was construction worker and would be here all winter then leave in May or so and be gone untill September or mid to late October. We spent the summer evenings at all the drive-In's. There were 5 Drive-In's around back then now there are none. I have to drive all the way to Crecent City, a 2 hour drive to go to one in the summer. Its kind of old and run down, but oh my how I love to go!! My summers were the best memories of my life as my stepfather was always gone! YAAAAY! So I dearly remember the fog on the road along the way driving home in the evenings. We had so many fog passes from the last movies as the Fog would settle in and be so thick for the last movie. Sometimes they played 3. Oh well. Sorry I got off on a tangent!

I did not know city lights could make it hard to see the stars? Very interesting. I love the night sky!

Thanks Josefina , I miss you. How are you doing lately. I hope well!

Man these pills are the pits I slept all night long, off and on yesterday and they still are zapping me and I just got up!! Whats with that!! I am going to check doc and make sure thats normal as this is a bummer, I feel like I am going to fall asleep again and I just woke up 1/2 hour ago! Geesh!

You all have a good day and I hope hings are good today!

Karen

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 31/08/2006 19:43:10 »
I live in Racine, Wisconsin.  That's just a bit south of Milwaukee, right on Lake Michigan.  We live about 2 miles from the lake.

Yes, unfortunately, one of the (many) less attractive things about living in a city or large town (Racine is about 200,000 people) is the way the constant light from street lamps, business, etc. make the sky so bright at night that it is difficult to see the stars.  :(  I have a wonderful telescope my husband got for me several years ago when we lived further out from town.  These days, it mostly gathers dust.  Very sad.  [V]

I also remember the drive-ins from childhood.  You're lucky that there are any left by you.  I don't know of a single one still open anywhere.  We also had an old station wagon.  My mom would dress my 2 brothers and myself in our PJ's and bundle us into the back with our pillows and blankets.  Then she'd make a big shopping-bag full of popcorn (buying it at the theatre was just TOO expensive!  [:0])  We only went a few times each summer, but it was always a real treat.  At the time, kids under 12 got in free.  My dad used to joke that when we turned twelve, he was going to quit taking us.  Oddly enough, the year I turned 12 we moved away from that area to a place where there weren't any drive-ins.  I never went to the drive-in with my parents again after that.

Funny how those memories stay with you.  Our theatres usually showed two movies (I was usually asleep for the second one!)  I remember everyone honking at dusk to get the picture going.

Our weather has changed, too, since I was a kid.  Our winters are a lot milder than they used to be.  I have pictures of our house at Christmas with snow heaped all around.  Now, when it snows before January, it usually melts again.  We usually get a little snow in November and December, but nothing substantial.  You'd think that the milder winter would mean an earlier spring, but it doesn't seem to work that way.  Or maybe it's just that I'm getting older and I WANT spring earlier!!

What pills does the doctor have you on?  They don't sound too good.  I just heard an ad about some new prescription sleep-aid that isn't habit-forming and isn't supposed to make you feel groggy all the time, like you seem to be feeling.  Wish I could remember what they were called, but your doctor should know about them.

Jody

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 31/08/2006 21:22:28 »
 Hey Wisconsin ehh, I have a friend from there.. Sounds like my childhood memeories.

I am on some strong antibiotics , water pills for reduction of fluid, and my regular meds,thyroid blood pressure. Doc said as soon as I take this last pill, things should start working good. The anti biotic is super strong, cant remember what it is called but only had to take 5 or 6 of them. he said they are powerfull. I think the water and trouble with heart makes you pretty tired! He is a good doctor so I know he is watching out for me. I was born with heart problems so I know the routine. Just wish it would give me more time in between trouble. Oh well. I do not take sleeping aides as They make trouble with and in combination to my other meds. and my head.... Prefer normal sleep when it happens. Stress makes it worse so I am trying to destress.

Karen

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 30/08/2006 14:34:40 »
Hey Lo, which message.  Love right back to ya.

Carolyn

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 30/08/2006 14:34:58 »
I give up.  What's a 360?  (For someone who works with a computer all day, I am woefully uninformed.)

Jody

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 30/08/2006 14:52:07 »
Jody, if you want to know email me today I am running off to work

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 30/08/2006 16:10:04 »
Good morning everyone and I miss you.......Guess what??? Today is my Birthday!!! 46 years old and My hair is killing me, getting so dang grey!!!LOL
 Have been missing you all and hoping the best for you all. Must admit I am several days behind. Had 7 and !/2 hours sleep last night. 1rst sleep in 4 days.....YAAAAY!!! I feel better , but must say I am still really tired my eyes feel like sandpaper and my throat is all gravely and feel extremely lucky to have such good friends here in the forum!!! Best present in the world right now!!! You guys be good I will try to catch up. Love you all
 Karen
XXXXXX

Karen

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 30/08/2006 16:27:41 »
Happy Birthday Karen!!!  Hopin for the best for you too.  71/2 hrs sleep is great, but not enough.  Go back to bed and have sweeet dreams.  Love you bunches.

Carolyn

« Last Edit: 30/08/2006 16:28:02 by Carolyn »

Offline Grecian

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 30/08/2006 19:09:40 »

Happy Birthday Karen and many happy returns.

Love you lots

Helena  xxx

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 30/08/2006 23:19:23 »
Karen - Happy, happy birthday!!  Hope your day is unforgetably wonderful!  And don't worry about the gray, it's a small price to pay for so much wisdom.

Jody

Offline osuisbest

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 31/08/2006 02:48:28 »
Happy Birthday Karen baby!  I hope that your day was awesome!  I hope you got every wish you could have wished for!

Jody,  360 is on yahoo.  If you have a yahoo ID then look me up sometime.  I am now under the ID acoolsn.

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 31/08/2006 03:52:40 »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAREN!!!  I hope you had a good birthday!!!  Many more...if you were here I would sing happy birthday to you!

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 31/08/2006 09:54:04 »
THANKYOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!! I posted off and on in between sleeping and then postin then sleepin at my desk. A nice friend called and wanted me to make sure I went for a for a lovely walk, get out of the housea bit, but I must say my feet were the size of footballs today so walking was out. They are some better tonight so Maybe if I am lucky tomorrow, I will take that walk. Although this evening around midnight I went to the car and when I began to come in, I looked up into the sky to my surprise I seen the most beautiful stars it was warm 70 degrees and clear as a bell. STARRY STARRY NIGHT!So very beautiful and I could not help thinking of you all out there looking at he same stars and contemplating how big this planet we live on is and yet how small in comparison to what you see on the observation of a beautiful clear night!! It was quite breathtaking and made me a tad sorry I was all alone on such a beautiful night!! It was a night that should have been shared sitting on a blanket in the field gazing up at the awesomeness that is there above us. So beautiful!!! Did any one out there get to see it?

Thankyou all for the happy Birthdays and For my special ecards! I love them. Jody Andrea Loretta Carolyn, George, all of you Thank you so much! You guys are the best! I am fixing to nod off again so I'm going to head down the hall into the bedroom.. Maybe I can sleep till morning we will see, if not I'll be back!!!

Karen

Offline JOSEFINA

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 31/08/2006 13:47:37 »
Karen - Sorry I'm a day late......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 31/08/2006 15:45:59 »
Karen - Where do you live?  It's hard to see many stars where we live - to many city lights.  :(

Jody

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 31/08/2006 17:11:32 »
I live in upper northern California. It is a beautiful area, Humboldt County! It was very beautiful last night. Where are you Jody!! I live about 8 or so miles inland. Very beautiful area with natural forests all around me and the evening are generally nice and clear. We do have lots of fog just at about 6 miles. Toward the ocean the fog is very common to hang out. When I was a kid All the records of foggy areas in the world, we made the top three I believe, but over the years that has changed. They used to compare Humboldt to Englands foggiest areas. Tis no more like that with the weather changes over time.It used to be so bad I can remember my parents having to open the car door and try to see the yellow line in the road from the door being open and driving really slow because visability between Arcata and Eureka were so bad. But that has been many years ago. I remember many a nite driving home from the Drive-In all of us children ( 7 ) in my parents old station wagon and we had been to see the movies as a regular routine every single night during the summer. My mom was alone in the summer as Step Dad worked away from home. He was construction worker and would be here all winter then leave in May or so and be gone untill September or mid to late October. We spent the summer evenings at all the drive-In's. There were 5 Drive-In's around back then now there are none. I have to drive all the way to Crecent City, a 2 hour drive to go to one in the summer. Its kind of old and run down, but oh my how I love to go!! My summers were the best memories of my life as my stepfather was always gone! YAAAAY! So I dearly remember the fog on the road along the way driving home in the evenings. We had so many fog passes from the last movies as the Fog would settle in and be so thick for the last movie. Sometimes they played 3. Oh well. Sorry I got off on a tangent!

I did not know city lights could make it hard to see the stars? Very interesting. I love the night sky!

Thanks Josefina , I miss you. How are you doing lately. I hope well!

Man these pills are the pits I slept all night long, off and on yesterday and they still are zapping me and I just got up!! Whats with that!! I am going to check doc and make sure thats normal as this is a bummer, I feel like I am going to fall asleep again and I just woke up 1/2 hour ago! Geesh!

You all have a good day and I hope hings are good today!

Karen

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 31/08/2006 19:43:10 »
I live in Racine, Wisconsin.  That's just a bit south of Milwaukee, right on Lake Michigan.  We live about 2 miles from the lake.

Yes, unfortunately, one of the (many) less attractive things about living in a city or large town (Racine is about 200,000 people) is the way the constant light from street lamps, business, etc. make the sky so bright at night that it is difficult to see the stars.  :(  I have a wonderful telescope my husband got for me several years ago when we lived further out from town.  These days, it mostly gathers dust.  Very sad.  [V]

I also remember the drive-ins from childhood.  You're lucky that there are any left by you.  I don't know of a single one still open anywhere.  We also had an old station wagon.  My mom would dress my 2 brothers and myself in our PJ's and bundle us into the back with our pillows and blankets.  Then she'd make a big shopping-bag full of popcorn (buying it at the theatre was just TOO expensive!  [:0])  We only went a few times each summer, but it was always a real treat.  At the time, kids under 12 got in free.  My dad used to joke that when we turned twelve, he was going to quit taking us.  Oddly enough, the year I turned 12 we moved away from that area to a place where there weren't any drive-ins.  I never went to the drive-in with my parents again after that.

Funny how those memories stay with you.  Our theatres usually showed two movies (I was usually asleep for the second one!)  I remember everyone honking at dusk to get the picture going.

Our weather has changed, too, since I was a kid.  Our winters are a lot milder than they used to be.  I have pictures of our house at Christmas with snow heaped all around.  Now, when it snows before January, it usually melts again.  We usually get a little snow in November and December, but nothing substantial.  You'd think that the milder winter would mean an earlier spring, but it doesn't seem to work that way.  Or maybe it's just that I'm getting older and I WANT spring earlier!!

What pills does the doctor have you on?  They don't sound too good.  I just heard an ad about some new prescription sleep-aid that isn't habit-forming and isn't supposed to make you feel groggy all the time, like you seem to be feeling.  Wish I could remember what they were called, but your doctor should know about them.

Jody

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 31/08/2006 21:22:28 »
 Hey Wisconsin ehh, I have a friend from there.. Sounds like my childhood memeories.

I am on some strong antibiotics , water pills for reduction of fluid, and my regular meds,thyroid blood pressure. Doc said as soon as I take this last pill, things should start working good. The anti biotic is super strong, cant remember what it is called but only had to take 5 or 6 of them. he said they are powerfull. I think the water and trouble with heart makes you pretty tired! He is a good doctor so I know he is watching out for me. I was born with heart problems so I know the routine. Just wish it would give me more time in between trouble. Oh well. I do not take sleeping aides as They make trouble with and in combination to my other meds. and my head.... Prefer normal sleep when it happens. Stress makes it worse so I am trying to destress.

Karen

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 01/09/2006 15:23:50 »
Hi Karen - You poor little chick!  Health problems, particularly heart troubles, can really wear you out.  [xx(]  You need MORE rest, not LESS!!  I'm glad you have confidence in your doctor.  Doctors are not generally my favorite people (too many bad experiences with them.)  If you have one you trust, hang on to him!

Andrea - Thanks for the info about Yahoo 360.  I have set up my ID (The Jode,) but that's about all.  Maybe I'll get a chance to do more over the weekend.  I'll be sure to look yours up.  :)

Anybody else have a Yahoo 360 account?  I'd love to check them out.

I love this forum except for one thing:  SO MANY THREADS!!  [:0]  I can't keep up!  I always feel like I'm missing something important.  Maybe if I created a database identifying all the threads; and the users; and the posting dates; and whether I've read them...  Do you think I'm obsessively organized?  [:I] Hmmmmmm.....

Jody

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 01/09/2006 17:51:55 »
Yes I do, I don't think I could do it, I am rather unorganised: I try I just have too much junk!! 3 or 4 generations of Junk to be exact, as I was entrusted with the family fortune.... consists of three or four generations of junk collecting memorabila and babby booties from late 18 hundreds, things like that... makes it hard to throw away as it is certainly family history. I have my grandmas old love letters to my Grandpa and evry post card she ever recieved. I have mables dice, which I collect and John wayne stuff I loved his goofy old movies.... One elvis presly signed school senior album and tons of other stuff... You would not believe the junk... I have been sorting through 5 barns full of this stuff for the last 13 years and I still have only made a dent in it!! I have cleared two of the five and managed to keep only the important things. Something I can't have someone else do as it is too personal and I need to make sure and keep the important things for the family!

Karen

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 01/09/2006 18:44:00 »
Jody, Here is a tip about the threads...find out where you fit in the most...if it is just chat...hop in there and of course, stay with zeta...hehe

There is all types of discussions that goes on here and you will find your niche...if not, we jump around to all different types of discussions and you will become more knowledgeable, laugh, cry, and learn more about your forum family.  It is my daily outlet as for the most part from stressers in life...Of course, it is not my only outlet in life...hehe

"Lo" Loretta

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #124 on: 01/09/2006 18:44:00 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums