The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Zetacap and General weight loss - 2  (Read 368774 times)

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
  • Can't stand the heat, step away from the fire!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.m2global.com/stormdiamonds
Re: Zetacap and General weight loss - 2
« Reply #150 on: 05/09/2006 03:24:12 »
Yes, Carolyn...you deserve to have braggers rights..hehe  I am jealous as i have put on 3lbs and was at a wedding and maintained???  hello???  Ouch.

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 05/09/2006 05:25:01 »
I'm scared this week as I have not been very mobile. Movin kind of slow!! Me too Loretta, I hope not much! we will see..

Karen

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 05/09/2006 22:22:26 »
Way to go, Carolyn!!  I am sooooooo jealous!  [:p]  I've been REALLY good and I've GAINED 2 pounds.  [:(!]  This always happens shortly after I start a diet.  Just my body's way of telling me it's NOT HAPPY.  Nothing to do but just keep pluging...

MONDAY MORNING WEIGH-IN

Carolyn = 22 lbs
Jody = 3.5 lbs  (sigh...)

Total = 25.5 lbs

Diana, glad to hear that you're not MIA.  Did you get my e-mail?  Hope you're not mad at me.  :(

Thanks one and all for the Birthday Wishes!!  They really mean a lot!  I had a great day.  Went "antique-ing" with hubby.  (Found a great bedroom suit for ONLY(?) $13,000.  [:0]  Must have had gold bars hidden in it somewhere.  ;))  Then spent the afternoon with my aunt & uncle, who took us out for Italian.  :D  Thanks to my little zetas, didn't eat hardly anything, brought it all home to take for lunches.  [^]

Jody

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 06/09/2006 00:14:35 »
Jody - Only???  My in-laws moved back to Michigan from Florida and gave us their antique bedroom suite.  When they got to Michigan, they went antique-ing.  They found the exact same bedroom suit for $20,000.  I told her it was mine now, she wasn't gettin it back.  I love it.  Congrats on your find.

Carolyn

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 06/09/2006 17:46:52 »
Carolyn - GOOD JOB!!!    You hang onto that furniture.  There was no way I could afford $13k for a bedroom suit (particularly since I didn't need one,) and you got it FREE!  How cool is that?  :D  My mom went into a "state" when my grandparents passed away, and got rid of EVERYTHING at an auction.  [}:)]  (I was living far away at the time, so I didn't get a chance to stop her.)  All I have of the family furniture is a folding rocker that came across country from North Carolina to Texas on the side of a covered wagon.  It looks so tiny and fragile, I'm afraid to let anyone sit in it (although my grandmother rocked me in it, so I guess it's sturdier than it looks.)  Now my mom has made a 180 degree switch and hoards anything my grandmother ever touched.  [?][?][?]  At the moment, she's giving us all a nervous breakdown over four ugly dishes my grandmother made during her "ceramic" period.  [xx(]  Go figure.

Jody

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 07/09/2006 12:09:15 »
Hi Jody Hope yur day was good yesterday, i was out of my mind and forgot to post! LOL!! In my thread!Have a great day.. I am going to try for some rest.. House empty again and am real tired! hard to sleep like that!

Karen

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 07/09/2006 15:28:29 »
Hope you got LOTS of sleep, Karen!

Where the heck IS everybody?  [?][?][?][?][?]

Jody

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 08/09/2006 00:15:51 »
Hi Jody - Just remember nothing's free.  I had to put up with my mother in law for 20 years.  LOL.  Just kidding.  I love the old b.. erm beautiful woman.

Carolyn

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 08/09/2006 16:25:32 »
Let's see...  $20,000 bedroom suite, 20 years.  That adds up to........ Carolyn being a saint!  ;)  Glad that you're fond of your MIL.  I love mine, too.  Particularly from a distance!!  [}:)]:D

Jody

Offline tootsie78

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 08/09/2006 20:23:27 »
Hello all my lovely friends!  
Just got back yesterday from WI.  I was gone 10 days!  Oh how I missed my honey & girls!  But the baby is soooooooooo super sweet!!!  :D
I'm just glad to be home, but COMPLETELY wore out!  I could sleep for 2 days straight at this point, I think!  [xx(]
Just wanted to let ya'll know I'm still alive, but now I'm SUPER DUPER busy w/ all the catching up I've gotta do!

Talk to ya'll later!!!

P.S.  Didn't gain any weight while up there!  How cool is THAT?!?!?!?!

~Joy~

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 08/09/2006 21:06:40 »
Missed you ssssssooooooo muuuuuuuucccccccchhhhhhh!  Glad you are back though!

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 09/09/2006 08:17:37 »
Hi Joy Welcome home!!!!! Glad the babe was so cute!!!! Hurry and catch up we all miss you!!

Karen

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 09/09/2006 21:30:31 »
GOOD AFTERNOON EVERYONE HAPPY SATURDAY!!!  I hope you are all well!!!!

Karen

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 10/09/2006 07:02:39 »
HELLLLLLLOOOOOOO>> THE WEKENDS ARE SO SLOWWWWWWW!!!!!! HOPE YOU ARE ALL HAVING A GOOD ONE!!!!!!!!!!!! HAVE A GREAT SUNDAY EVERYONE!

Karen

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 10/09/2006 10:43:38 »
Sorry it is 4:30am and I have just decided to get on.  I had a little party that my girlfriend through together...it was a bit crazy as I hurried from work, dropped my silly son at his friend's house, met with Robert and his mom with my mom in tow, then off to girlfriend's party...and am now awake...3hrs of sleep though..

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 10/09/2006 11:21:23 »
Well I have not gone to bed... am wide awake..... DAng sometimes I just can't figure it!

Karen

Offline CJ122

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 11/09/2006 04:35:08 »
Hello Ladies and Neil, and happy belated birthday Joy!

I fell off the wagon...but I made it back on! It took me this last week to work off the weight I added during my down week, so I should break even tomorrow. I'm busy with a new job and training, and trying to find an apartment for rent. Even though the housing market in California sucks right now, the rental market is very competitive! I should hear back in a few days about the one I really want. Keep your fingers crossed!

CJ :D

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 11/09/2006 05:56:54 »
Yeah Cj almost halfway Home.............YAAAAAAY!!

Karen

Offline Mysteryfaire

• Only you have the choice to choose what you do.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.poetry.com
« Reply #168 on: 11/09/2006 06:55:13 »
Hello Family!
Jody, sorry dear I do not remember getting an email from you :( , here is my email in case I have not changed it on the profile. winterblew2003@yahoo.com, put in subject your name because if I do not know who sent me an email I delete them.

Well everyone I have been setting myself up on a very strong-implemented routine. Teaching myself to stick to it is what I have been doing the past few weeks. I had a digital scale which turns out not to be so accurate. At first I thought is was the battery but then I found out that is was just not working for a person who is over 250 pounds. Now I have a scale that is the one where the dial thing moves when you step on it. I started my plan on Saturday 2, 2006 at 282 pounds. My daily routine is when I wake up I now fix my decaffeinated coffee and drink my slim fast meal. I bought an elliptical to work out on. Once I am awake, I exercise for about 45 minutes. I log every bite I eat and my exercise for the day. I keep my calories under 1800 at the most. I have been watching my fat, carbohydrates, and protein. I am eating a variety of foods if you can believe that. I resisted a luncheon of very smell good goodies and treats at my womanís meeting. Now I go through the whole week watching, weighing foods, and sticking to my plan but on Sundayís I do not have to exercise or log anything and I can eat what ever I want that day. I did very well on Sunday it was like I did not want to lose all the hard work I did the week before. With all that in mind I weighed myself the following Saturday and I lost 3 pounds. So now I am sticking to this because I did for the first week and I completed it so if I continue to do this I will be at my new goal weight of 174 pounds May of 2007. So I have not been MIA just in training.

Paul and I are doing great. I miss him very much.

Only you can determine what you can do!

Offline Mysteryfaire

• Only you have the choice to choose what you do.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.poetry.com
« Reply #169 on: 11/09/2006 06:59:19 »
Monday Morning Weigh In!

Diana = 3Lbs

Grand Total 3 Lbs

Only you can determine what you can do!

Offline CJ122

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 11/09/2006 17:33:31 »
Monday Morning Weigh In!

Diana = 3Lbs
CJ = 31.5 lbs

Grand Total = 34.5 Lbs lost!

Offline CJ122

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 11/09/2006 17:37:23 »
Well, I got to drop another pound...

Start: 234
Height: 5'10"
June restart: 226
Today: 202.5
Total weight lost: 31.5 pounds!

so close to under 200...

Offline tootsie78

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 11/09/2006 18:08:50 »
Monday Morning Weigh In!

Diana = 3 lbs
CJ = 31.5 lbs
Joy = 24.5 lbs

Grand Total = 59 lbs lost!!!

I've lost another 1 1/2 lbs over the past 2 weeks, even though I ate like a total COW while up in WI...[:p]   Oh well...that's cool!

Here's a picture of sweet baby Payton!!!  Isn't he a DOLL???!!!???

~Joy~

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 11/09/2006 20:39:20 »
Good afternoon all!  I hope everyone had a nice weekend.  Mine was so busy I never even got a chance to logon!  My wonderful hubby DID run my internet cable, so now I have highspeed access again.  HOORAY!!  :D:D:D

Joy Ė Glad you had a safe trip home.  Wisconsin will miss you!  :(

Diana Ė Yes, I did send that e-mail to the wrong address.  Iíll make a note of the corrected one in the file.  I was writing about the tummy-tuck which, it seems, you have talked yourself out of (Good Girl!)  Iíll send it again because I think it had some worthwhile information in it.  Your new program sounds great, and is ALREADY getting results.  You GO, Girl!!!  [8D]

CJ Ė You sound so busy, I canít imagine when you find TIME to eat!  LOL!!;)

I didnít have the nerve to step on the scale this morning.  I have been ravenous all weekend, and couldnít resists lots of no-nos.  [}:)] Hopefully Iíll do better this week.

I was terrifically busy all weekend working on a business plan for something that is a dream of mine Ė A used book store!  Rich has been very supportive of my plans, and I AM SOOOOOOOO JAZZED ABOUT IT!!  I have been in love with books all of my life, so this is a dream-come-true sort of thing for me.  I am only in the earliest planning stages and it will probably be many months (maybe even a couple of years) before this becomes a reality.  I know there is a lot of hard work and a long road ahead of me, but with the support of my friends, I think I can do it.  Wish me luck!!  (PS:  All ideas and suggestions WELCOME!!!)

Smoochies!  [:X]

Jody

Offline kimkat27

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 12/09/2006 04:40:33 »
hello ladies!!! i haven't been on in months, but i wanted to visit and say hello. i have lost 30 pounds on jenny craig, and have been doing so great, but i have hit a plateau and now find myself cheating out of frustration. for the past month i have been eating like a cow and i gained back about 6 pounds.

i need some new motivation.

do you all remember me??? how is everyone??

xoxo
k
start weight: 225
current weight:200-ish
goal weight: 140ish

i am NOT pregnant.

i am NOT pregnant.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #174 on: 12/09/2006 04:40:33 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums