The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Zetacap and General weight loss - 2  (Read 368520 times)

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Re: Zetacap and General weight loss - 2
« Reply #225 on: 27/09/2006 06:21:50 »
:):):)Thanks Diana... Your the tops!!;) After all that I forgot to weigh in, HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE!!!!No change anyways...

Karen

Offline tootsie78

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 30/09/2006 06:58:47 »
Where on this earth IS everybody lately???

~Joy~

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
  • Can't stand the heat, step away from the fire!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.m2global.com/stormdiamonds
« Reply #227 on: 30/09/2006 13:29:43 »
We are hereeeeee...I guess it is just slow lately...?

"Just Me, Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 30/09/2006 16:05:55 »
Yes Hi Joy.. You might find some of us in the just chat alot too! How are you doing this fine day, I know you posted yesterday but I was having some difficulty repling.. better now. How are you and Loretta doing? I hope you all have a great weekend!!

Karen

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 30/09/2006 17:14:16 »
Hey everyone!  Hi Joy, Lo, Karen, Diana, Josefina, and welcome back Daqui.  Hope everyone is doing well.  I can't believe it, I've lost 5 lbs this week.  YAY!!!

Carolyn

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 30/09/2006 18:23:23 »
Hi Carolyn!!!  I am happy for you...too much dancing I guess....?  ;-)

"Just Me, Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 30/09/2006 18:41:53 »
YAAAAAY CAROLYN.....nice Job!!!!!
 Hi Loretta...!!

BIG WAVES TO NEIL,HADRIAN, CAROLYN , LORETTA,HELENA, AND JOY, AND JODY AND JOSEFINA AND DIANA, AND ANDREA, AND DAQUI!! MISS YOU GUYS HOPE YOUR WEEKEND IS GOING WELL!!LOVE YOU MUCH WORKING ON BETTER RESULTS FOR MONDAYS WEIGH IN!

Karen

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 30/09/2006 21:21:08 »
I just finished a 30 minute walk and my girlfriend was exhausted....so I don't think she will be doing this everyday and I might not get a lunch which I am on still...

"Just Me, Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 30/09/2006 21:26:57 »
Oh Loretta that reminds me, I did not eat or take my pills.... Thanks for the reminder!

Karen

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 30/09/2006 22:05:02 »
LOL  Be careful Karen, do you have a pill minder hon?  How are you today?  Just noticed your greeting...hiya

"Just Me, Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 30/09/2006 22:43:47 »
NO, My purse has a pocket and there are five different bottle of pills a lovely mess!I just have to make sure I do it in the mornings with food.. I really hate taking pills and it makes me angry to think about all the years I let myself just vegetate and now I am in this place... I sure didn't take care of what God gave me thats for sure and now that I have decided to do that.. I am a mess!Could be worse I could be dead! So I guess I will be a good girl and be more careful!

Man..So Quiet here today Am a bit board and nastalgic and an I don't even no why! I  Everyones gone and nothing to do.. I guess I should finnish my room here, as that was the plan.. Then I had the migrain and my plans went out the window.. I know if I start doing to much it will pull that migrain back up.. Its gone for now, but I can still feel that naggy ache after your migrain leaves telling you to watch out I may just come back bigger and worse then before! I am fixing to get ready for wedding.. Kind a lonesome here, and am flying solo to wedding.. its the pits as it makes me kind a sad that things are such a mess right now thats all! Will talk to you later OK!

Karen

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 01/10/2006 01:32:06 »
quote:
Originally posted by Karen W.

NO, My purse has a pocket and there are five different bottle of pills a lovely mess!I just have to make sure I do it in the mornings with food.. I really hate taking pills and it makes me angry to think about all the years I let myself just vegetate and now I am in this place... I sure didn't take care of what God gave me thats for sure and now that I have decided to do that.. I am a mess!Could be worse I could be dead! So I guess I will be a good girl and be more careful!

Man..So Quiet here today Am a bit board and nastalgic and an I don't even no why! I  Everyones gone and nothing to do.. I guess I should finnish my room here, as that was the plan.. Then I had the migrain and my plans went out the window.. I know if I start doing to much it will pull that migrain back up.. Its gone for now, but I can still feel that naggy ache after your migrain leaves telling you to watch out I may just come back bigger and worse then before! I am fixing to get ready for wedding.. Kind a lonesome here, and am flying solo to wedding.. its the pits as it makes me kind a sad that things are such a mess right now thats all! Will talk to you later OK!

Karen

Here is a thought...if you eat breakfast at home, put them on the table or wherever you eat breakfast?  If you eat breakfast at work, put those pills in the lounge where you eat at? Make sure you leave a surplus for your days off and set them where you get up and are at in the morning time the most...by computer...?

"Just Me, Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 01/10/2006 02:42:37 »
Yeperoo, you nailed me!! That is where I am the most... How did you know that!!!! I wonder!!! Its a good idea  if I can put them above my shelf above my monitor! So little fingers cannot reach them!!

Karen

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 01/10/2006 03:20:22 »
Exactly....it may help as a reminder...also, you could make yourself a note with tape on it and write on there take meds...tape to monitor and retape it everyday...or what about a screensaver with the wording?  Set timer to every two minutes of inactivity

"Just Me, Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 01/10/2006 05:11:39 »
My computer doesn' get two minutes of inactivity unless I am asleep or gone from the house!! LOL:D

Karen:)
« Last Edit: 01/10/2006 05:12:49 by Karen W. »

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 02/10/2006 14:50:43 »
Good Morning Chickies!!  I can't believe I've been off for a week and I've only missed a few posts. Where the heck IS everybody? [?][?][?]

I've been unbelievably busy, but having a great time.  Guess what?!  I SOLD MY FIRST BOOK!! :D :D :D

I got the order Saturday morning (was I EXCITED?  I'd say so!!) and thought I had everything ready for my first sale.  Then discovered I didn't really understand how to use my internet postage program.  [:0] Then discovered I didn't have the right kind of labels for my printer.  [:0] Then discovered I didn't really understand how to run my printer! [:0] THEN discovered a couple of other little glitches! [:0] [:0] [:0] To make a long story short, the package finally went in the mail this morning. (Thank goodness the Post Office is closed on Sunday or I'd have been "late" shipping.) :(

WHAT A WEEKEND!!  But I made it through and now I know exactly how to do everything I THOUGHT I knew before.  [^] WHEW!!

Haven't been on a scale or paid the slightest attention to my diet in 2 weeks.  Bad Jody!  BAD GIRL!! [}:)]  In order for me to remember to take ANY kind of pill, I have to have it right in front of me.  Otherwise, I remember it two hours later.  Sigh...[V]

Ok, must get to work.  Have a great day, everybody!

Smoochies! [:X]

Jody

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 02/10/2006 15:43:53 »
Good Morning Everyone!

Jody - Congrats on the first book sale.  That's great news.  Hope you have continued success.  Do you have a web site?  If so, let me know.

I'm so excited about the Monday morning weigh in.  I have lost 8 pounds this week.  Unbelievable.  Maybe I'm finally on track.  

MONDAY MORNING WEIGH-IN

Carolyn = 30 lbs.

Total Lost =30 lbs.

Carolyn

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 02/10/2006 22:55:34 »
Carolyn - CONGRATULATIONS!!  8 pounds - I am sooooo jealous, but I have no one to blame but myself.  [V] Maybe I'll do better this week.  Need to get in the right frame of mind...

Working on a web site.  Will let you know! [8D]

Jody

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 03/10/2006 06:15:04 »
Congrats to you Joy for the weight loss...I keep forgetting to congratulate you...aaagghhh!   Jody, also, congrats on the book sale!  Woo Hoo!

"Just Me, Lo" Loretta

Offline kyana

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 03/10/2006 17:48:24 »
Hi, everyone, it's been a while since I've been here, probably a mmonth or two, since then I've lost six pounds and gained  back about three, I started off at like 150 or 155 and now I'm down to 143. My long term goal is to reach 100  pounds and my short term goal is to be at atleast 125-135 by christmas. I was just wondering was anybody in here doing anything besides the zetas

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 03/10/2006 17:53:43 »
Natural...food, exercise, minus some exercise lately...walked only once this past week

"Just Me, Lo" Loretta

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 03/10/2006 23:07:06 »
My boss (Bless his little heart [8D] ) has been looking for ways to increase office morale [:I] and team spirit.  He hit on a fitness goal.  He got us each little pedometers and a map showing the distance it would be to walk to each of our corporate offices in the US.  A mere 4,693 miles. [:0] The people who make it the farthest win a prize.  :D I'm participating in the "walk-a-thon" but so far haven't made it out of my chair.  (WAAAAAAAAY to busy the first week of the month!!) [xx(]

Anyway, maybe this will get me motivated.  (Hey. It could happen! ;))

Jody

Offline kkeegs

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 06/10/2006 18:36:09 »
HELLO EVERYONE!!!:D  I don't know how many of you remember me - I haven't posted on here since this Spring.  I have missed all of you and your wonderful support immensly!

I had a lot going on and it became quite overwhelming.  I had quit my job to help my husband with his contracting business and then he decided to try doing a delivery business as well as our contracting business.  We now do all deliveries for Menards.  It was very stressful for a while as I have never done anything like this and needed to do invoicing daily.  This job never ends - it is 7 days a week, 365 days a year.  It is so much easier now because I know what I am doing and it helps with the kids being in school but it wasn't pretty in the beginning.  We don't drive at all - we hired drivers but we handle everything else.  My husband is a go-getter and wants to work hard while we are younger so that we have a good future.  We certainly don't want to do this forever - we have some goals in mind that we are trying to reach and then we will let one of our businesses go.  

Anyway, at the same time - we had some trouble with our State Government because of a subcontractor that we had hired.  He claimed that he was an employee - even though he gave us an insurance binder showing he operated his own business - and he tried to file unemployment on us when we didn't hire him again.  So they automatically do a full audit on your business.  It is not a pretty thing and it was EXTREMELY stressful - as it was my first year of doing the books myself - and I had made some mistakes.  Our State Government is not forgiving of anything!  This all happened the week before we were supposed to go on our vacation to Maine.  Needless to say - every morning when I woke up in Maine on vacation - I was sick to my stomach.  I take everything in life very seriously - I have never been so scared and upset.

So because I am so weak (as well as the Zetacaps were not working for me at all), I turned to food.  I was so disappointed in myself and embarassed that I turned away from all of you.  That was my first mistake.  I should know that good, bad or ugly - you are all here for me and I am so sorry for that!  I have since gained back everything that I have lost with an extra 2 lbs. added on.  I am disgusted with myself but I don't seem to get it together long enough to lose anything.

I want to say a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO KAREN on losing a whopping 100 lbs.  That is incredible and you should be extremely proud of yourself for your willpower and determination!

I have been lurking around here in the background all summer/fall reading everyone's posts and have wanted to post many times.  I guess I am finally ready to face my weight and start to conquer this again.  

My husband who was always thin (he is 6'3") all of his life has also gained quite a bit of weight and really needs to lose it also.  [|)]He was diagnosed with GERD (acid reflux/heartburn) and has to take Nexium on a daily basis which costs $150/month!!!  It is all because of weight gain!  We are ready to do something about it!

We have been watching the Biggest Loser as well as The Fit Club and are inspired.  We definitely have become out of shape [V] and need to add exercise into the equation.  We also need to eat WAAAAAYYYY better than what we are.  I know what I need to do - I just need to DO IT!!!!

We both don't have a lot of willpower and our daily stress level is at times high so we wondered if there is anything that is working well for someone that we can try to get a good start.

Joy:  I know you have been using Phentermine - can you tell me a little more about it???  It seems to have worked remarkably for you.  I am so proud of you!  You must be TINY because in the Spring you looked GREAT in your picture!!!!

Any help anyone can offer will be wonderful.  Thanks for all of your support and good news or bad news - I'm back for your support and to offer support!

Love you all!

Kelly:)

Height:  5'3"
Start Date:  01/15/06
Current Weight:  189 lbs.
Weight Lost This Week:  1 lb.
Total Weight Lost:  9.2 lbs.
Lbs. to go:  49 lbs.
Goal Weight:  140

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much

Offline kkeegs

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 06/10/2006 18:40:08 »
I needed to update my stats - here is a more accurate picture of everything.  I set Monday as a date to start this again.  They say setting a date is the first step - STICKING TO IT is the second!  

Thanks everyone!!!

Kelly

Height:  5'3"
Start Date:  10/9/06
Current Weight:  202 lbs.
Weight Lost This Week:  
Total Weight Lost:  
Lbs. to go:
Goal Weight:  140

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much

Offline Mysteryfaire

• Only you have the choice to choose what you do.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.poetry.com
« Reply #249 on: 06/10/2006 20:57:52 »
MONDAY MORNING WEIGH-IN

Carolyn = 30 lbs.
Diana = 15 Lbs

Total Lost =45 lbs.

Only you can determine what you can do!

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #249 on: 06/10/2006 20:57:52 »