The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Zetacap and General weight loss - 2  (Read 368545 times)

Offline Jody

• View Profile
Re: Zetacap and General weight loss - 2
« Reply #375 on: 14/11/2006 19:34:24 »
Geeeee, Karen, I can't imagine why you wouldn't be thinking about the grizzly scales while floating dreamily in a happy hot tub. LOL!!

Congratulations on the run!!  Sometimes the day is so beautiful that I HAVE to run, just for the joy of it.   ;D ;D ;D  (Ok, so I don't get very far, but that's beside the point!  LOL!)  Keep up the awe-inspiring work!

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 14/11/2006 21:46:14 »
Well, my little Zeta-Sweeties, nobody seems to be posting much, so I guess I’ll use up some space and tell you what I’ve been up to…

Now let’s see…  I think I told you all I was using fentermine and an amino acid supplement to simulate the effects of Phen-Fen.  It worked amazingly well for the 7 or 8 days I had fentermine.  Then I ran out, and it quit working (of course.)  So I tried to get fentermine from an internet site, which didn’t work because they wanted my regular doctor to write the prescription.  Then I tried to get it from ANOTHER site, which didn’t work because they didn’t know when they’d ever get their shipping straightened out.  So I decided to try Herbal Fentermine (VERY highly rated, per the “rate diet pills” web site.)

Just one word about Herbal Fentermine – DON’T!  As in, DON’T bother and DON’T waste your money.  The stuff isn’t worth the powder to blow it to He…, um, Heck.  BTW, Kelly and Carolyn, where are you getting yours?  I know you can’t post the site, but please shoot me an e-mail and let me know.

So, back to the drawing board…

I believe I posted a message where I described a doctor in Temecula, California (just a few miles from where I used to live – doesn’t that just figure?) who claims to be getting Phen-Fen like results with other drug combinations.  (Hence my fentermine-amino acid combination.)  He has a page on his web-site where he describes what he is doing and the medications he is using.  I sent a letter, along with a copy of his web-page, to 21 bariatric physicians within 70 miles of my house.  I have now received responses from 12 of them.  Here is the run-down:

One has moved to Scottsdale, AZ (where the REAL money is!)
A couple have priced themselves out of the market (MY market, anyway)
One wants me to dedicate my life to my diet: ie regular and frequent meetings with doctor, nutritionist, exercise guru, “counselor,” etc.  Good grief!
A couple have some requirements that are (IMHO) simply unrealistic, such as, “you must keep a diet log forever,” “you must give up all dairy products forever,” “you must come in for a ‘review’ every two weeks forever.”  Get real…

About 1-1/2 weeks ago I got a call from a bariatric surgeon who wasn’t actually seeing non-surgery patients, but was gathering data for a government grant he intends to apply for.  He wanted me to cut carbs and take L-carnitine to increase my energy.  Ok, I can do that.  After 1 week my L-carnitine bill was topping $150/month and increasing my energy 0% (that’s ZERO.)  In addition, I had gained 2 pounds.  He then wanted me to cut fat and increase protein.  In other words, he wanted me to restrict my diet to broiled meat and leafy veggies.  I told him to forget it.  I’ve spent my entire life on-and-off diets that are impossible to stick to.  I know better than to waste my time with his.

Finally, I got calls from 2 doctors.  Both of them actually read my letter AND the web-site info.  They both agree that obesity isn’t a problem that goes away after you lose weight.  They also agree that saying “You can NEVER eat…” is a recipe for failure. 

So we’ll see.  I have a telephone interview scheduled with one this afternoon.  (Believe it or not, she is the one located CLOSEST to my house!)  If she doesn’t work out, I’ll go see the one a little farther away.  (Odd that they’re both women, huh?)

And if all else fails, I’ll keep trying to get that fentermine!!

BTW, if anyone wants to use my letter and send it to the bariatric physicians in your area, just let me know and I’ll e-mail it to you.  The American Society of Bariatric Physicians has a web site (www.asbp.org) where you can look up their members who are in your geographic area.  It’s a good place to start, particularly if your regular doctor is as useless as mine.

So that’s the latest.  I’ll keep you informed.

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 18/11/2006 08:22:43 »
Hi Kelly, You asked about my running, it was only in play with the children, But it was delightful. Problem being I have since been grounded again.. as my Doctor said ABSOLUTELY NO RUNNING... I have to many things happening with my heart! I have always been banned from running and jogging... The last time I tried to run a couple miles I landed in the hospital! My heart has been bad since birth, but I have had two surgeries to help and am fine now! Just cant run or do extensive arobic type workouts I am grounded to walking, riding a bike , not racing it! But that was the first day in many many many years I felt like a child and I had to run.. It felt dang good!Now I need to just behave myself so I don't go back to the hospital.. which is where I was headed according to the doctor.. So I am not going to always be complient because I need to feel alive like everyone else and that was a great dose of life! Whats more, I was not winded.. I was exhilerated.. It was the day after that hit me like a ton of bricks... a tiny bit sore through my hips, but totally spent and worn out... Doctor was a bit put out so I am being good for awhile..

Jody you are right about the forum being dead.. Partly my fault.. I have been destressing.. I am trying to keep up! Sounds like you have been busy! I hope it works for you guys.. I am still plugging away. Need to buckle down and try harder.. I need to be more diligent about this so I can loose more then 1 pound a week! I miss you guys.. I am sick as a dog with bad bug.. have lost my voice and have the worse sore throat!.. Spent from last night middle of night puking until 7:00 am.. Then felt better for about two hours and then started again. by the end of the day with all the kids and trying to read stories sing songs and call children for this or that, my throat just collapsed.... I almost did not make it! I was greatful my boss came back and filled in for one of the teachers who went home early! I was so sick.. I got sick two more times at work and had dry heaves all day! By the time I got home I was dead.. I took some more airborne and a couple tylonol cold and sinis tablets as I could not swallow at all. I was trying to drink the airborne and it fely horrible just swallowing liquid!

It will go away. I have my last day of work on tuesday then will be off for 5 days for the Holidays! YAYYYYY! I hope this is gone before Tuesday! I will be able to post a bit more next week, but I suppose everyone will be gone for the holidays.. I hope someones on here or I will drive all our United kingdom friends crazy!

I will talk to you all Later, and the Hot tub was divine!! Lordy I think i could use it again now! I am going to try to go to sleep. Will be a miricle if I can!.. Love to you all and if any of you are leaving this weekend for family, be safe and enjoy your Holidays, Those who do not celebrate the holidays enjoy your week no matter what you will be doing!

talk to you all later.. Be well

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
  • Can't stand the heat, step away from the fire!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.m2global.com/stormdiamonds
« Reply #378 on: 19/11/2006 16:07:18 »
Karen, you are not the forum hon...you have to take it easy and do what your doctor has asked you...You cannot overdo it!  I, myself am taking a break from this forum a bit too...but I try to catch up and read when I am back on it...

Hey Jody!  Hope you are doing well!!!  Miss talking to you too!!!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: 19/11/2006 18:31:37 »
I am trying to be good Loretta.. I am off here for and afternoon and it feels like forever.. I miss everyone terribly when I am gone.. And I hate being sick and being forced off here. My ears are killing me again today!.. I think I have to go see the Doctor tomorrow morning! Yuck! I am pretty sure I have a broncial infection..

LOretta thanks for postin I am so bored. I miss you guys.. Be well everyone.. I will probably skip weigh in tomorrow as I will probably have to be at doctor early. Trying to avoid hospital and just see doctor at the office..
 Love to all be well guys I will try to check at least tomorrow!

Helena, I miss you, hope your well too!

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 20/11/2006 23:41:36 »
Karen ~ So sorry you've been sick.  Nausea is about the worst feeling there is.   I don't generally get flu-like illnesses, but I get unbelievable nausea with a migraine.  I also get all kinds of motion-sickness.   [xx(]  I find ginger-capsules help a lot.  Also, mint tea (if you can hold it down.)  Feel better soon!!

Loretta ~ I miss you too!  I'm awfully lonely out here...  [:-'(]

I'm still working with my amino-acids and "non-fentermine."  My 2 weeks with the "low carb" doctor caused me to gain back all but 2 pounds from where I started.  Still haven't found any real fentermine, so am continuing with the Herbal Fentermine until I can get in to see the Diet Doctor (the one 40 miles way.  The close one never called.)  The earliest I can get an appointment with her is DECEMBER 8TH.   :o  Is that nuts or what?  Also her office is open about the same hours I work, so I have to take time off for EVERY visit (appointment time PLUS driving time!!)   [:(!]  What a pain...  And, just to make my weight-control week "perfect," the latest news on Acomplia is that it probably won't be approved in the US until AT LEAST the MIDDLE of 2007.

This is all just toooooooo depressing.  Thank Goodness it's a short week...

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: 21/11/2006 05:24:59 »
Karen hurry up and get well!

Jody...bless your heart...Yeah, it is nuts, but pretty standard with making appointments in the holiday season as everyone is trying to hurry up and get in before the season begins.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 21/11/2006 08:07:22 »
My ears sto0pped hurting so thats a start! I no longer am running a fever thats two good signs! Still have bad chest congestion and some sharp pains in my girls when I bed down or breath to deeply! When I cough and bring up crud the pain goes away for awhile... If it doesn't clear I will see the doc. Could not get in today so will try again in morning... He has no openings so I am trying to get squeezed in to another doc. Incase its not bronchial. We will see! You all be well! I will be here monday for weigh in! Sorry bout weigh in!! Talk to you all tomorrow! I have to try to get rid of a headache..

Offline JOSEFINA

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: 21/11/2006 12:38:04 »
Karen - Get well soon!!!!!!!!

JOSEFINA

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 21/11/2006 15:41:09 »
Karen ~ What are we going to do with you?  Too many "sickies," sweetie!!   [xx(]  Are you taking your vitamins and eating your veggies?  Are you wrapping up when you go outside?  Dieting can depress your immune system, and working with toddlers exposes you to EVERYTHING!!  You MUST take care of yourself FIRST!  Don't make Mama-Jody come out there and cover you in bubble-wrap!   ;)

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: 22/11/2006 05:02:03 »
NO BUBBLE WRAP PLEASE! I already feel like the boy in the bubble.. Can't do squat! I am getting better.. Just worn out tired and sick sick and tired and tired and sick... Did I already say that! LOL! Thanks for the well wishes everyone.. Josefina it is nice to see you post, means alot to me.. Thank you too! How are all of you doing?

Offline JOSEFINA

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 22/11/2006 10:42:18 »
Happy to hear you're getting better Karen!
Jody - Don't get your hopes too high on Acomplia, apart from being pricey, does nothing that any other drug combined with the famous "diet & exercise" won't do! Sorry if I made your week even more miserable hon.
Josefina

Offline JOSEFINA

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 22/11/2006 12:28:30 »
Jody - If interested, e-mail me and I can give you the website where you can read about Acomplia (or purchase it).
hagui@mail.telepac.pt

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 22/11/2006 17:35:07 »
Karen ~ Glad to hear that you're getting better.  Rest is the key (although I know sleeping isn't your "best thing.")

Hi Josephina!  Don't worry about depressing me further.  After 40 years on the weight-loss treadmill, I'm used to bad news.  I read the "Acomplia Report" and their forum, so I'm seeing how people are reacting to the drug.  Seems - as usual - it's working great for some people, not so great for others.  The only way to find out if it's going to work for me is to try it, and I simply don't have between $200 and $300/month to spend on it.  I've spent my whole life doing the "diet and exercise" thing.  I eat less than any of my thin friends, alternate the treadmill and weight machine daily, and still gain weight.  In order to lose and maintain my "best" weight, I have to consistently eat no more than 1,000 calories/day.  I don't object to that on a philosophical basis, since my tastebuds are pretty useless and I don't care that much about food anyway, but I get SO SICK OF BEING HUNGRY!!  I mean stomach growling, gnawing hungry.  So I give in and eat.  Not that much, but the scales still creep up.  It only takes an extra 500 calories a day to put on a pound a week, and for me, that's only a total of about 1,500 to 1,600 calories a day.  Not that much food, but serious weight gain.

So I look for something to control the hunger.  The "magic bullet" for me was Phen-Fen.  Yes, I still got RAVENOUSLY hungry, but two bites and I was done.  And NO cravings, and HIGH energy.  It was heaven...  So I keep searching.  I did GREAT for the week that I took the fentermine and amino acids, but then ran out of fentermine and haven't been able to find any more.  Oh well, we'll see what the new "diet doctor" has to say when I see her in December.

Smoochies All!!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 22/11/2006 19:47:09 »
Hi Josephina and Jody, Loretta and Kelly Carolyn, Diana , Andrea, Where are you young lady! Everyone else that I know I missed. I am still sick, but feeling better have had three nights of good sleep in a row... YAYYYYYYYYY we are talking 6 hr stretches which by the way is very very unusual for moi! I don't know what to think, other then the fact that I am so sick and wiped out I just slept! So glad to sleep! Jody you are right about the sleep I always sleep when I can... The bad thing is Insomnia doesn't allow for me to pick and choose when or how much I get! So am truly blessed and grateful for the sleep the last few days! Jody I hope you are able to find what works for you. I bought a treadmil two weeks ago, about give  or take a day or two.  The thing weighed a bloody ton! I have used it a few times and hope to get great benefit from its use!

Josefina, Glad you are postin. How are things going for you there? well I hope! How your little friend Nuno? ( Sorry did I spell it right?)   Last I heard he was doing well. How is he doing now, and his family? How are you and Your family doing?

Offline kkeegs

• View Profile
« Reply #390 on: 23/11/2006 03:58:39 »
HELLO EVERYONE!!

Offline kkeegs

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 23/11/2006 04:10:08 »
HELLO EVERYONE!!  Sorry I haven't posted at all this week.  It has been crazy with trying to get my work done and grocery shop for Thanksgiving which I am hosting on Friday for my family.  Tomorrow (Thanksgiving) we will spend with my husband's family.  My sister works tomm. so we are delaying our day together until Friday.  But being a woman really SUCKS around the holiday's!!!  Sorry to any man who reads this but we really have a lot to do!  Everything is put on our shoulders - at least at my house!!  So I finally had a chance to see what has been going on.

I didn't get a chance to post for the Monday weigh-in but I lost 2 lbs. last week for a total of 14 lbs. now.  It has been slow but steady and at least it is less than what I had weighed.  I can almost go down a size but they aren't comfortable enough yet.

Karen:  I hope you are better and able to enjoy Thanksgiving with your family!  I am so happy to hear that you bought a treadmill.  That is wonderful and you will be amazed at how much more you will be able to do in just a few weeks time!  My feet and knees stopped aching from arthritis and stiffness ever since I started walking.  Just for that alone I am glad!  Keep us posted on your progress - I know you will do well with it - you are such a determined woman!! :)

Hello to Jody, Josefina, Joy, Loretta, Diana, Carolyn & Andrea, I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving - spent with your families.  I am THANKFUL to have all of you to help me be strong!

I probably won't be able to be on here until Monday unless I get some time this weekend but take care my friends and try to make it through Thanksgiving without eating the 4,500 calories that they say the average person consumes on Thanksgiving Day!! :o

Kelly

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 23/11/2006 04:39:58 »
Hi Kelly Thanks for the encouragement.. Sometimes it feels impossible but its nice to be here with all of you and have that support! I love you guys and best wishes for your Holidays You all have a special good day! happy Thanksgiving! BE safe in your travels and give those families something they will remember always, your love!  Be well!

Offline JOSEFINA

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 23/11/2006 10:49:07 »
Hello Jody, Karen, Kelly , Lo & the rest of the girls!
Happy Thanksgiving to you too! Although we do not celebrate it here...
Karen - Nuno is doing very well, thanks for asking. It has been almost a year now, his hair has grown back again, and lots of it! His chemo has gone down to once every 3 weeks. He has not gone back to school, maybe next year, the important issue now is his recovery.
Take care you all & drive safe.
Josefina

Offline Mysteryfaire

• Only you have the choice to choose what you do.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.poetry.com
« Reply #394 on: 23/11/2006 13:21:02 »
Hello Family!

Guess what????

Paul is home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Safe and sound at home again. Thank you all for your prayers for all of our soldiers. God bless you all. Take care. Oh we are going to the states in December so I will not be back on for awhile. Happy Holidays to all my family here! Love ya'll.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 24/11/2006 05:23:51 »
THank you so much Josefina for the holiday blessings and thanks for updating is on little Nuno I am glad to see he is doing so well. I bet he is adorable .. Kemo is so hard on a body I am glad all his hair grew back and hope the best for next year!Love to you Josefina!

Diana so Happy For you and Paul.. I know you must be extatic I am so glad he is home safely in your arms where he was meant to be! God bless you both and best wishes for a safe trip stateside. Happy holidays Honey!

Everyone else Best Holiday wishes safe traveling hug those families..You Too Miss Loretta! Thought I missed ya huh!  Love you all Goodnight ya all!

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 25/11/2006 22:52:35 »
Hi Kelly, Josefina, Diana, Jody, Joy, Thanks for all of your greetings!  Hopefully your Thanksgiving was the greatest...mine was fine out of town...I guess I will post holiday frustrations etc..in the diary section...aagghh!  I survived..that is all that matters...

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: 25/11/2006 22:57:38 »
HI Loretta, Hope all went well for holiday will check Diary for frustrations.. Love ya!

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 25/11/2006 23:44:48 »
LOL  It was a great holiday otherwise the minor frustrations...hehe

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 26/11/2006 00:57:50 »
I am so glad Loretta! Glad you are safely home! I hope all goes smoothly getting back inyo it. Wish you did not have to go to work sick! I hate that!

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #399 on: 26/11/2006 00:57:50 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length