The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Zetacap and General weight loss - 2  (Read 367693 times)

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Re: Zetacap and General weight loss - 2
« Reply #425 on: 09/12/2006 04:21:26 »
Glad to have you on site! Take a look at the zeta gallery of rogues all our pics are there I have a before and pretty recent picture you should post yours before you start if you like. If not let me tell you how valuble this pic will be to you later!! It has helped me to really see the change from then til now and I could not just looking into the mirror! Keep one even if its just for you.. but don't be embarrassed you are a great person and this is a very difficult job!!

Offline TheDivineMissN

• View Profile
« Reply #426 on: 11/12/2006 20:50:19 »
WOW!!

Is this thing on?

Does anyone remember me!?

Its Nicole!
Ive been gooooooooooone for a long time...but I am slowly hoping to make a return!! I got caught up with school, work, summer fun..LIFE!

Ive missed the motivation of this forum for a good 8 months now. With the new year coming, its ONCE AGAIN time to kick into gear for a healthier way of life. The last time I think I posted I was 174. Somehow, I was able to go down to 170 and now I have packed on 7 pounds and am up to 177 :(

I turned 21 this year and I have had my share of fun and indulgences. As I sit back and look at where I was last year, I consider myself to be in a better place MENTALLY than I was last december. I am slowly learning to accept the extra weight on my body but I know that being in the "healthy" range is something that I most definetly desire. I let myself get distracted from my goal and I yearn to return to that goal once again. Taking another step back and looking at where I stand now, I REALLLLLLLY have no excuses for putting off my weight less efforts! I have a treadmill at home, a full set of Tae Bo Boot Camp, a full set of Winsor Pilates, an Ab Machine and a whole load of weights and dumbbells (My father is a fitness freak...too bad none of it rubbed off on his daughter!!)

I really hope to make it this time. I want to turn 22 and feel young and vibrant and not heavy and sluggish. For my 21st, I treated myself to various trips around the globe--Las Vegas, London, Paris, Rome and my motherland, Dominican Republic. For my 22nd I think I will treat myself to a priceless gift: achieving my weight loss goal the healthy and natural way.

The next few weeks will be pretty rough for me as I have finals and all sorts of exams since this semester is coming to an end. And who can resist those pigs in a blanket at these holiday parties!! But for the new year, I guarantee Ill be back!!

I am so excited to be back!! I hope to re-unite with everyone..old and new members!

PS. I added a recent picture of myself to the gallery

PSS. I see josefina is still here...Do you remember me "comadre"?!

PSSS. I just saw some of the before and after shots of some members and WOW, THAT IS AMAZING!! A pat on the back to everyone..job well done  [O8)]
« Last Edit: 11/12/2006 21:20:50 by TheDivineMissN »

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 11/12/2006 21:21:01 »
Nicole - Of course we remember you - you're unforgettable.  Glad to see you're back, we missed you.  You're pic was beautiful.  Congrats on turning 21 and hope we hear more from you.

Carolyn

Offline tootsie78

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 12/12/2006 06:04:46 »
Hey Nicole!
I remember you!  Was wondering what on earth had happened to you girl!
Glad to see you back & in a better state of mind!

Offline kkeegs

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 12/12/2006 07:19:39 »
Hello Everyone!

Welcome Charlene! 

Welcome Back Nicole!  We've missed you.

Thanks Neal!

I had a really yucky week last week.  My mom has been really sick and we had to take her to ER twice.  I then needed to help her with things because she lives alone.  I also had all of my normal stuff to do so needless to say - I've been pretty stressed out and not very much fun to be around. 

It seems like for a woman there is so much stuff to do to prepare for Christmas.  I feel like I jump through hoops for everyone to make everything perfect so that they have such a nice Christmas and I don't know if they even appreciate it or not.  Then my husband does pretty much nothing to help me and I resent it. [:(!]  I guess maybe I'm in a bad mood because of the stress of it all and it is my TOM.  I am not normally down like this - I'm usually upbeat but I am in a bad funk right now! [xx(]  Our 10 yr. old son has been very mouthy and disrespectful so we have really put the clamp down on him so our house isn't so "happy" right now.  It just kind of seems to be everything lately.

One good thing is I have been losing weight and I'm amazed.  I haven't been exercising because I don't have the time to fit it in with being so busy.  But I have been very active all day and night and it has helped me to lose 3 lbs. this week!!!!  I couldn't believe it.  So I have lost a total of 21 lbs. now.  :o I have about 50 more or less to go but at least the number seems better than 70 something.  I hope I continue to do well.  It will be hard when I start baking cookies but I'm really good about freezing them right away.  I do want to enjoy Christmas though and eat our traditional meal.  I think I can allow myself that one day.  Other than that the phen really helps me stay on track and not cheat.  I always eat no more than my alloted calories for the day.

Well, I suppose I'd better get my body to bed.  It is now midnight and I need to be up at 6:45 a.m. to get the kids up and ready for school.  We have to go to the Orthodontist tomm. right after school and then grab supper to go somewhere.  Then race back home and the kids need to get dressed up for their Christmas concert.  It will be a whirlwind of a night!  And then they both have a test the next day.  When do the teachers think the kids will be able to study?????  Okay, there I go again - getting upset.  I can't wait for Christmas Break - I NEED IT!!!!!   ;D

I'll come back and post again this week - I promise!  And hopefully, the Happy Me will be back by then!! ;)

Take Care Everyone - send me some of your Good and Happy Vibes - I really need them!!!

Kelly

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: 12/12/2006 08:07:52 »
Hi Nicole welcome back and yes we remember you! Glad you are doing well and get it in here and lets do it!

Posting Statistics

Karen Start weight 351 Lbs.
Start Date Oct. 26, 2005
Goal weight 130Lbs to 150Lbs
Todays weight: 241 Lbs
Total loss: 110 Lbs.
Total time 1 yr. 1 month
Lbs to goal! 91 LBS to 111 Lbs depending on what I feel like when I get there, AND I WILL GET THERE!!!!!

(Copy and paste lower portion into your post and add your total weight loss thus far , then add the total of mine and yours to grand total!)

MONDAY MORNING WEIGH IN!

Karen = 110 Lbs

Grand Total So far as a group! 110 Lbs

Offline JOSEFINA

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 12/12/2006 11:21:31 »
Comadre.............of course I remember you!!!! How are you doing?
I see you've been around, that's awsome! Do you have any pictures of our motherland that you could e-mail me? Just miss it.......
hagui@mail.telepac.pt

Take care!
Josefina

Offline tootsie78

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 12/12/2006 19:15:42 »
MONDAY MORNING WEIGH IN!

Karen = 110 Lbs
Joy = 37 Lbs

Grand Total So far as a group! 147 Lbs

LET'S KEEP IT UP LADIES!!!   ;D

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 13/12/2006 04:02:36 »
Great job Joy!! You are doing fabulously!

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
  • Can't stand the heat, step away from the fire!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.m2global.com/stormdiamonds
« Reply #434 on: 13/12/2006 05:01:46 »
Hi Kelly...hope you are finding much success with your weightloss...it has been a wayward battle with me...but still I continue to get on the wagon or slip off of it at times...

Hi Joy...how have you been doing and the family?
Hi Jody...where did you hide at lately?
Hi Josefina...what have you been up to lately?  How are the kiddos?

Charlene, welcome to the forum...I have been backsliding off of this post lately, but need to kick my butt in gear and get back on this wagon...first step to recovery...admitting I have a problem...hehe

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: 13/12/2006 05:20:57 »
Yeah, Loretta It's no fair leaving me behind the reins on this wagon... I am missing my partner!!!! And I am horrible with directions and right now my compass is only pointing in one direction.. ( BANGS COMPASS A COUPLE HARD WRAPS AGAINST THE TABLE TO FIX IT!!) There you see It's all better cause Lo come home!! Where's Helena??

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: 13/12/2006 05:39:48 »
Hi Nicole...how could we forget you...?  I tried to view your pic but it does not show you at all...

Karen, did you miss me?  LOL  You guys was probably better without me...hehe Glad the compass is fixed...now we have to determine which direction to go in...hehe I have not heard from my partner in crime lately...maybe a week or two ago...? Helena, come back darling!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 13/12/2006 05:49:19 »
Me Neither! Usually do! I have not written either so I am guilty too! YES WE MISSED YOU DARLING!! I think me compass may have had a good idea!

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: 13/12/2006 05:51:57 »
LOL  You are too funny AFW...hehe 

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 13/12/2006 06:09:22 »
Me can't help it LO!!!

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: 13/12/2006 07:05:22 »
I see.....and the saga continues with Karen banging compass so people will return back to the land of complimentary medicine

Offline JOSEFINA

• View Profile
« Reply #441 on: 13/12/2006 12:10:38 »
Hi ladies!

Loretta: Kids are doing great........hope you are too!

Offline TheDivineMissN

• View Profile
« Reply #442 on: 13/12/2006 20:37:59 »
Hello Ladies :)

TOM made an appearance so no weight loss just gain...WHY US!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly, good job! I cant wait till I loose 21 pounds.  ::)

I fixed my pic problem in the gallery and I also added a few pictures from Paris and Rome..enjoy!

Josefina-I went to DR with Habitat for Humanity in April..we built TWO HOUSES in Nagua, if you can remember, one of the less fortunate parts of the country. It was so rewarding for me but also heartbreaking. I was pretty upset for a few weeks after that..the experience in itself was unforgettable. I sent you the pictures..over 200 in an album LOL.

Does anyone have any PLATEAU advice??? Ive noticed a trend in my weight loss efforts throughout the years...and that is, whenever I hit a plateau, I get discouraged and I stop. Advice anyone??

« Last Edit: 13/12/2006 20:40:20 by TheDivineMissN »

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: 14/12/2006 06:04:58 »
Hi ladies!

Loretta: Kids are doing great........hope you are too!

Hi Josefina!  Glad to hear of it...What have you guys been up to lately?  Anything new?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: 14/12/2006 09:21:21 »
I have been doing that for two or three weeks at a time! I just don't give up! Plain and simple keep doing the same thing it will move!!

Offline JOSEFINA

• View Profile
« Reply #445 on: 14/12/2006 11:26:37 »
Lo: Kids are just waiting for the holidays!
Nicole: I saw the pictures, each one of them. It is heartbreaking, yes, when you see all the misery, but more outstanding are all the smiles, specially the kids, in spite of all. People like you will make a difference, I'm sure.
Karen & Joy : hello .....Joy, you must be REALLY THIN girl!
No sign of Helen.......

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: 14/12/2006 12:14:31 »
Not Yet!

Offline TheDivineMissN

• View Profile
« Reply #447 on: 15/12/2006 04:33:42 »
Lo: Your sons are cutie pies!! lol..One of them looks about my age and I love his little mohawk 'do in one of the pictures!

I have another question for you wonderful ladies: Has anyone here tryed to make homemade falafel or hummus?
When I went to Europe, i was really surprised at how food and nutrition is handled over there ie., cheese in france was kept outside on a counter because it is considered to be "alive" (but it only lasts a few days) and meat in rome is almost never processed so it must be eaten within a few hours of purchase...It kind of made me double think about the amount of hormones and crap that gets put into our meats..and it sort of freaked me out!
So ive been taking small steps to consume smaller amounts of meats and poultry and substitute it with vegtables. Many of the vegeterians that I know eat falafel and hummus almost daily but i think its boxed. Id like to try and make it myself. Im guessing chickpeas is the staple...any other ideas??

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: 15/12/2006 04:57:21 »
EAse your craving just don't go overboard!

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: 15/12/2006 06:06:01 »
Lo: Your sons are cutie pies!! lol..One of them looks about my age and I love his little mohawk 'do in one of the pictures!

I have another question for you wonderful ladies: Has anyone here tryed to make homemade falafel or hummus?
When I went to Europe, i was really surprised at how food and nutrition is handled over there ie., cheese in france was kept outside on a counter because it is considered to be "alive" (but it only lasts a few days) and meat in rome is almost never processed so it must be eaten within a few hours of purchase...It kind of made me double think about the amount of hormones and crap that gets put into our meats..and it sort of freaked me out!
So ive been taking small steps to consume smaller amounts of meats and poultry and substitute it with vegtables. Many of the vegeterians that I know eat falafel and hummus almost daily but i think its boxed. Id like to try and make it myself. Im guessing chickpeas is the staple...any other ideas??

Why thank you...You are a beautiful young lady inside and out...we have missed you guys terribly...but glad you are back...mohawk kid...hmmm, I wonder if it is my philosophical one Daniel, or Michael who is the charmer, or Magnum the analytical one...Danny is 23, Michael is 21, and Magnum is 19...

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #449 on: 15/12/2006 06:06:01 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums