The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Zetacap and General weight loss - 2  (Read 368298 times)

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
  • Can't stand the heat, step away from the fire!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.m2global.com/stormdiamonds
Re: Zetacap and General weight loss - 2
« Reply #50 on: 23/08/2006 04:43:05 »
Well, Karen, so far for the month, bossy wrote me as she needs an insominac to work until 3am on Friday and Saturday, that I am whooping everyone's behind at 29.9%...I just want to leave that young one in the dust...with another 10% I can breathe easily, but looking at his percentage..uh, I can sleep...LOL  

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Mysteryfaire

• Only you have the choice to choose what you do.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.poetry.com
« Reply #51 on: 23/08/2006 05:39:18 »
Hello Family!

Jody, I am from the states (Texas) but my husband and I are stationed in Germany until 2011.

I was so inspired to beat this wagon that is dragging me that I went back on my walks. I walked my 6 mile walk yesterday morning and it felt really good. I am taking my Zeta's.

My highest weight was 359 Lbs (background information)

Family I was thinking (uhhh ohhh) you know that your body will only let you lose so much weight in a normal situation right? Well what if you have lost the weight your body thinks you should lose but you are still over weight? I was thinking about that, since I have lost a grand total over the past years of 89 Lbs what if the weight that I am carring is the extra (sorry so graphic) skin? I know if I were to get that taken off I would lose a good 70 more pounds if not more,and that would bring me down to 200 or below and my (my) ideal weight is 170 Lbs, okay my body is telling me "hey, she is going to start to starve herself if I let her lose more weight and I will be ill" and is not letting me lose what I see on the scale. I am a big boned Texas girl and I will never look like Lindsey Carter aka Wonder Woman (I think that is her name) I talked to my doctor about the surgery, its not gastric bypass, its a tummy tuck. The surgery can be done if it is causing medical problems. He is going to refer me and I am to hear back from him sometime next week. If I can get that done, NOTHING will stop me from getting into shape. With it now it is hard to exercise and not get chafed. When I jog, it can be painful so I do not jog. Or am I just making excuses? or giving up? Arggg!!!! It is just that I was doing so well and now [V]. I was down to 252 Lbs and now I am 270 and it will NOT go away! I try and try and try and :( nothing shows. I was so disappointed in myself that I was thinking about (GRAPHIC) eating a nice meal or what ever I wanted and then go staight to the bathroom and throw it all up so I would not diagest any calories. Every time I ate I wanted to throw it up and there was a few times I did [V]. Then I thought "no" this is a chicken way out, My Family here and Paul would not approve of what I was doing nor would my body. So I think that I am mostly talking to myself here but to also let you know what I was really going through not to long ago but because I come here and read what you all have posted gives me strength and power to over come my bad thoughts and the unwillingness. Thank you all for being here!

Only you can determine what you can do!
« Last Edit: 23/08/2006 05:41:33 by Diana Lovett »

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 23/08/2006 18:01:13 »
quote:
Originally posted by Diana Lovett

I was thinking about (GRAPHIC) eating a nice meal or what ever I wanted and then go staight to the bathroom and throw it all up so I would not diagest any calories.

Your comments reminded me of something I did a few years ago that worked really well for me.  (Self says, "Hey, if it worked so well, why aren't you still doing it?"  Shut up, Self.)

Instead of having one nice meal and then "losing" it (Very, very bad.  Bad Girl!) I used to have one day each week when I could eat whatever I wanted.  Chocolate, lasagna, ice cream, anything (or everything!)  Then back at it the next day.  Knowing that day was coming helped me feel less deprived and got me through the rest of the week without cheating.  Also, knowing that day was coming EVERY week made it easier to avoid pigging out completely that day.  If I passed on the M&Ms today, I knew I could have them next week.

Just a thought....

Jody

Offline ukmicky

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.space-talk.com/
« Reply #53 on: 24/08/2006 18:04:49 »
Hi ladies ,I'm sorry about this but i will be slimming down this thread hopefully over the weekend as long threads tend to slow down the database spoiling everybody's enjoyment of the site .

Therefore if you would like to copy anything contained within can you please do it before Saturday morning as once its gone nothing can be retrieved.

Michael

Offline tootsie78

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 24/08/2006 19:25:26 »
Jody -
Good thought, but for LOTS of people, this would never work, including me...ppl find it REEEALLY hard to "get back on track" after eating anything they wanted to for ONE WHOLE DAY!!!  In the past, this has never worked for me, but it IS a good idea!

~Joy~

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 22/08/2006 17:28:03 »
Guess I bugged out too early last night.  Looks like I missed a lot of good stuff!  I was just sooooooooooo tired.  :(

Loretta - So great to see you back!  :D  You seem to be feeling better, too!  Glad to hear you had such a good day.  With what you've been through in the past couple of weeks, just MAINTAINING the weight is a major victory!!  [^]  Denny sounds like a first class jerk.  And it makes it worse when he's charming to everyone else.  Then your friends think YOU'RE crazy 'cause you want to get rid of him.  [:(!]  Anyway, what's he doing living in YOUR house, trying to answer YOUR phone?  And what business is it of his of you want to see someone else?  You must have the patience of a saint.  I'd have shot him by now!  [}:)]

Diana - I can't believe what a jackass you have for a son-in-law!  How can anybody be that shallow and irresponsible?  I understand he didn't want kids, but this is life and we don't always get what we want.  Sounds like your daughter will be better off without him.
PS:  If you aren't in the States, where are you?

Carolyn - I don't know if Rich dreams about smoking;  I'll have to ask him about it.  Did your mom recently have surgery?  Glad to hear that she's better.  :)

Our mom's make us crazy, don't they?  Mine has been here visiting, and making me and my aunt completely nuts.  She is EXTREMELY over-weight, at least 200 pounds, probably more.  She is now diabetic, can't walk more than a few feet and won't do stairs unless it's totally unavoidable.  She is in constant pain from her muscles and joints, and yet she won't do ANYTHING about it!  She lives way-the-heck out in the boonies in Texas, so she can't get a job, doesn't have any friends and, of course, it's too hot to work in the yard or be outdoors for more than a minute.  I wanted SO MUCH for her to try the Zetacaps, but she isn't interested.  I also wanted her to get on this forum and make some FRIENDS, but she isn't showing much interest in that either.  (If she DOES decide to join, I'm going to have to delete this post!!  [:0])  Anyway, my aunt and I are at our witts' end.  We don't know what else to do.  Sigh...

Karen - Happy birthday on the 30th!!:D :D :D  (I'll probably forget when it actually gets here.  :()  You have the same birthday as my uncle and my nephew.  Mine is just a few days later.

Joy - Have I ever mentioned that I love the little squiggles around your name?

Jody

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 22/08/2006 17:31:28 »
Hey look, I'm a "Senior Member!"  (I guess that means I've never learned to keep my mouth shut.  LOL)

Jody

Offline CJ122

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 22/08/2006 18:44:37 »
Hey Everybody! Yea Karen! :D Sorry I couldn't make it to the party, but it looks like it went well. I'll definitely be there when you reach your 200 pound mark!

Keep up the good work!

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 23/08/2006 02:57:55 »
 Hey I wish I hadn't had so much trouble last night. Everything was so slowwwwwww to postttttttt. Then this morning, It posted a couple times, then wouldn't post at allllllllll! yikes. Sorry guys, I thought it was my computer! Seems we may have started having trouble last night, but I am not sure! Neil posted trouble this morning as did I!! Hope you all had a good visit :) Sorry I missed most of it:( I was disappointed I missed you all!! Some of you all together.BOO HOO!!!! Crying over everything these days!!!LOL I guess I better toughen up and get with it!!

How was everyones day??I am hoping that Lo has whipped the pants off the young man a work!!LOL How are your Totals LO?

Great job on your totals CJ and look only a month and you get to be with your honey!!!!! YeeHaw!! I am so Jealous but so happy for you!!! I hope you guys have so much fun!! :)

Karen

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 23/08/2006 04:41:18 »
Originally posted by Jody

Guess I bugged out too early last night.  Looks like I missed a lot of good stuff!  I was just sooooooooooo tired.  :(

Loretta - So great to see you back!  :D  You seem to be feeling better, too!  Glad to hear you had such a good day.  With what you've been through in the past couple of weeks, just MAINTAINING the weight is a major victory!!  [^]  Denny sounds like a first class jerk.  And it makes it worse when he's charming to everyone else.  Then your friends think YOU'RE crazy 'cause you want to get rid of him.  [:(!]  Anyway, what's he doing living in YOUR house, trying to answer YOUR phone?  And what business is it of his of you want to see someone else?  You must have the patience of a saint.  I'd have shot him by now!  [}:)]

Yep, I am back...I am feeling better while at work...Denny did mention he maybe going back home after this weekend when we can sit down at the table alone and talk...???  What about? Who knows? I usually am a bit flitty, non-committment minded, okay, just a tough ole cookie I guess...but I like to have fun and freedom!  LOL  He is just visiting and of course, he was allowed in by mother...who loves her some Denny...he is a bit charming...geez, I don't care if he answers my phone and I am very straightforward and can tell him when or if I do have someone in my life...but just a bit slow about jumping into another relationship...and at this point, I am not sure if I want to or not again...I like that term Love'em and Leave'em...it is starting to make sense now...lol sorry, couldn't resist...but it is kinda true...I can't be cruel, he is welcome as long as he behaves and doesn't interfere with my freedom as he did in OKC!  [V]  I would love to have him as a friend, but he is having a hard time accepting that...which I fully understand too...oh well, too much energy wasted thinking about it.

Cya!

"Lo" Loretta

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 23/08/2006 04:43:05 »
Well, Karen, so far for the month, bossy wrote me as she needs an insominac to work until 3am on Friday and Saturday, that I am whooping everyone's behind at 29.9%...I just want to leave that young one in the dust...with another 10% I can breathe easily, but looking at his percentage..uh, I can sleep...LOL  

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Mysteryfaire

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 23/08/2006 05:39:18 »
Hello Family!

Jody, I am from the states (Texas) but my husband and I are stationed in Germany until 2011.

I was so inspired to beat this wagon that is dragging me that I went back on my walks. I walked my 6 mile walk yesterday morning and it felt really good. I am taking my Zeta's.

Family I was thinking (uhhh ohhh) you know that your body will only let you lose so much weight in a normal situation right? Well what if you have lost the weight your body thinks you should lose but you are still over weight? I was thinking about that, since I have lost a grand total over the past years of 89 Lbs what if the weight that I am carring is the extra (sorry so graphic) skin? I know if I were to get that taken off I would lose a good 70 more pounds if not more,and that would bring me down to 200 or below and my (my) ideal weight is 170 Lbs, okay my body is telling me "hey, she is going to start to starve herself if I let her lose more weight and I will be ill" and is not letting me lose what I see on the scale. I am a big boned Texas girl and I will never look like Lindsey Carter aka Wonder Woman (I think that is her name) I talked to my doctor about the surgery, its not gastric bypass, its a tummy tuck. The surgery can be done if it is causing medical problems. He is going to refer me and I am to hear back from him sometime next week. If I can get that done, NOTHING will stop me from getting into shape. With it now it is hard to exercise and not get chafed. When I jog, it can be painful so I do not jog. Or am I just making excuses? or giving up? Arggg!!!! It is just that I was doing so well and now [V]. I was down to 252 Lbs and now I am 270 and it will NOT go away! I try and try and try and :( nothing shows. I was so disappointed in myself that I was thinking about (GRAPHIC) eating a nice meal or what ever I wanted and then go staight to the bathroom and throw it all up so I would not diagest any calories. Every time I ate I wanted to throw it up and there was a few times I did [V]. Then I thought "no" this is a chicken way out, My Family here and Paul would not approve of what I was doing nor would my body. So I think that I am mostly talking to myself here but to also let you know what I was really going through not to long ago but because I come here and read what you all have posted gives me strength and power to over come my bad thoughts and the unwillingness. Thank you all for being here!

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 23/08/2006 18:01:13 »
quote:

I was thinking about (GRAPHIC) eating a nice meal or what ever I wanted and then go staight to the bathroom and throw it all up so I would not diagest any calories.

Your comments reminded me of something I did a few years ago that worked really well for me.  (Self says, "Hey, if it worked so well, why aren't you still doing it?"  Shut up, Self.)

Instead of having one nice meal and then "losing" it (Very, very bad.  Bad Girl!) I used to have one day each week when I could eat whatever I wanted.  Chocolate, lasagna, ice cream, anything (or everything!)  Then back at it the next day.  Knowing that day was coming helped me feel less deprived and got me through the rest of the week without cheating.  Also, knowing that day was coming EVERY week made it easier to avoid pigging out completely that day.  If I passed on the M&Ms today, I knew I could have them next week.

Just a thought....

Jody

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 22/08/2006 17:28:03 »

Diana - I can't believe what a jackass you have for a son-in-law!  How can anybody be that shallow and irresponsible?  I understand he didn't want kids, but this is life and we don't always get what we want.  Sounds like your daughter will be better off without him.
PS:  If you aren't in the States, where are you?

Carolyn - I don't know if Rich dreams about smoking;  I'll have to ask him about it.  Did your mom recently have surgery?  Glad to hear that she's better.  :)

Our mom's make us crazy, don't they?  Mine has been here visiting, and making me and my aunt completely nuts.  She is EXTREMELY over-weight, at least 200 pounds, probably more.  She is now diabetic, can't walk more than a few feet and won't do stairs unless it's totally unavoidable.  She is in constant pain from her muscles and joints, and yet she won't do ANYTHING about it!  She lives way-the-heck out in the boonies in Texas, so she can't get a job, doesn't have any friends and, of course, it's too hot to work in the yard or be outdoors for more than a minute.  I wanted SO MUCH for her to try the Zetacaps, but she isn't interested.  I also wanted her to get on this forum and make some FRIENDS, but she isn't showing much interest in that either.  (If she DOES decide to join, I'm going to have to delete this post!!  [:0])  Anyway, my aunt and I are at our witts' end.  We don't know what else to do.  Sigh...

Karen - Happy birthday on the 30th!!:D :D :D  (I'll probably forget when it actually gets here.  :()  You have the same birthday as my uncle and my nephew.  Mine is just a few days later.

Joy - Have I ever mentioned that I love the little squiggles around your name?

Jody

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 22/08/2006 17:31:28 »
Hey look, I'm a "Senior Member!"  (I guess that means I've never learned to keep my mouth shut.  LOL)

Jody

Offline CJ122

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 22/08/2006 18:44:37 »
Hey Everybody! Yea Karen! :D Sorry I couldn't make it to the party, but it looks like it went well. I'll definitely be there when you reach your 200 pound mark!

Keep up the good work!

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 23/08/2006 02:57:55 »
 Hey I wish I hadn't had so much trouble last night. Everything was so slowwwwwww to postttttttt. Then this morning, It posted a couple times, then wouldn't post at allllllllll! yikes. Sorry guys, I thought it was my computer! Seems we may have started having trouble last night, but I am not sure! Neil posted trouble this morning as did I!! Hope you all had a good visit :) Sorry I missed most of it:( I was disappointed I missed you all!! Some of you all together.BOO HOO!!!! Crying over everything these days!!!LOL I guess I better toughen up and get with it!!

How was everyones day??I am hoping that Lo has whipped the pants off the young man a work!!LOL How are your Totals LO?

Great job on your totals CJ and look only a month and you get to be with your honey!!!!! YeeHaw!! I am so Jealous but so happy for you!!! I hope you guys have so much fun!! :)

Karen

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 23/08/2006 04:41:18 »
Originally posted by Jody

Yep, I am back...I am feeling better while at work...Denny did mention he maybe going back home after this weekend when we can sit down at the table alone and talk...???  What about? Who knows? I usually am a bit flitty, non-committment minded, okay, just a tough ole cookie I guess...but I like to have fun and freedom!  LOL  He is just visiting and of course, he was allowed in by mother...who loves her some Denny...he is a bit charming...geez, I don't care if he answers my phone and I am very straightforward and can tell him when or if I do have someone in my life...but just a bit slow about jumping into another relationship...and at this point, I am not sure if I want to or not again...I like that term Love'em and Leave'em...it is starting to make sense now...lol sorry, couldn't resist...but it is kinda true...I can't be cruel, he is welcome as long as he behaves and doesn't interfere with my freedom as he did in OKC!  [V]  I would love to have him as a friend, but he is having a hard time accepting that...which I fully understand too...oh well, too much energy wasted thinking about it.

Cya!

"Lo" Loretta

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 23/08/2006 04:43:05 »

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Mysteryfaire

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 23/08/2006 05:39:18 »
Hello Family!

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 23/08/2006 18:01:13 »
quote:

Just a thought....

Jody

Offline ukmicky

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 24/08/2006 18:04:49 »
Hi ladies ,I'm sorry about this but i will be slimming down this thread hopefully over the weekend as long threads tend to slow down the database spoiling everybody's enjoyment of the site .

Therefore if you would like to copy anything contained within can you please do it before Saturday morning as once its gone nothing can be retrieved.

Michael

Offline tootsie78

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 24/08/2006 19:25:26 »
Jody -
Good thought, but for LOTS of people, this would never work, including me...ppl find it REEEALLY hard to "get back on track" after eating anything they wanted to for ONE WHOLE DAY!!!  In the past, this has never worked for me, but it IS a good idea!

~Joy~

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 23/08/2006 18:01:13 »
quote:

Just a thought....

Jody

Offline ukmicky

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 24/08/2006 18:04:49 »

Michael

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #74 on: 24/08/2006 18:04:49 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length