The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Zetacap and General weight loss - 2  (Read 368080 times)

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Zetacap and General weight loss - 2
« Reply #800 on: 13/07/2007 07:41:39 »
HEE HEE HEE YEPPEROO! LOL I really did write that..I will correct it! Thanks YOU!

Offline dentstudent

• Neilep Level Member
  • FOGger to the unsuspecting
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: 13/07/2007 08:39:42 »
i think you meant bowls of soup, not bowels.

Offline dentstudent

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: 13/07/2007 08:42:34 »
Good morning Everyone! Yes, Karen he was very nice and I am glad to have met him. My Deutsch is not so good  ??? when I spell it LOL Well so far it is not raining here, it seems like it rained every day this week. The weather is suppose to be very nice tomorrow and if so Paul and I are going to a water park called Aquadorm. It only cost 7 euro (depending on the exchange rate for tomorrow and just guessing about $9.63) for all day playing and fun. Okay, take care and I will check back later, take care and [8D], Diana

Hi Diana

Where is this Aquadorm? I looked it up on the net, but all I got was a company by the same name that sold waterbeds! [?]

Offline Mysteryfaire

• Only you have the choice to choose what you do.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.poetry.com
« Reply #803 on: 15/07/2007 08:21:17 »
Hi Stuart, it is in Hockenheim. The same township that has the racing track if that helps.

Offline Mysteryfaire

• View Profile
« Reply #804 on: 15/07/2007 08:28:59 »
Hello Everyone! How has your weekend been? Mine has been great. Paul and I went to the gym yesterday to work out and then we went to Real aka wal-mart and got some stuff for our bikes. I now have a nice  ;D gel seat to ride on. Sometimes I could not [xx(] bare to ride. WOw it was hot yesterday and today is going to be the same that is why we are going to the water park YEAHHHH!! Well off to get things done so we can go, take care and have a great Sunday, Diana

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: 15/07/2007 16:03:48 »
 Hi Diana! I love those nice sets even more, I like the big ones.. not those little skinny seats that hurt your tush! LOL I bought a nice comfy one and it made a world of difference.
 I hope you two have a great time at the water park. sounds like a fun day planned! Really nice for a hot sticky day! The weekend has been ok here the weather has bounced between sunny and overcast but warm the whole time. It has been rather sultry all week!

Take care and travel safely.. HAve a lot of fun, Hugs!

Offline Mysteryfaire

• View Profile
« Reply #806 on: 16/07/2007 05:32:58 »
Hello Everyone! :( Not such a good time after all. When we got there is was so over crowded that the room to swim was zilch! We tried to have some fun but ended up coming home for the day. I did NOT  [:(!] stick to my "healthy" eating plan and was NOT happy with my weigh in this morning  [B)]. I plan on giving it my very all this week to do my work outs and stick to eating right. I have a hectic somewhat morning this morning so I will talk to you all in the morning. Take care, Diana

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: 16/07/2007 05:33:16 »
I posted some pictures in chat from the festival i went to today! Please enjoy them..

Tomorrow is weigh in! So if anyone cares to join me I will see you all tomorrow for that also! Hope you all had a great weekend and survived the time off if you had any!..

maybe tomorrow guys!

Offline Mysteryfaire

• View Profile
« Reply #808 on: 16/07/2007 05:35:20 »
Hi Stuart, sorry it is called Aquadrom.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: 16/07/2007 05:42:20 »
Hello Everyone! :( Not such a good time after all. When we got there is was so over crowded that the room to swim was zilch! We tried to have some fun but ended up coming home for the day. I did NOT  [:(!] stick to my "healthy" eating plan and was NOT happy with my weigh in this morning  [B)]. I plan on giving it my very all this week to do my work outs and stick to eating right. I have a hectic somewhat morning this morning so I will talk to you all in the morning. Take care, Diana

Oh I am sorry your day was not as fun as you had hoped. I know how that goes sometimes and you aren't alone.. I ate a stupid Candy bar.. Will try again..tomorrow.

Offline dentstudent

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: 16/07/2007 10:50:23 »
Hi Stuart, sorry it is called Aquadrom.

Hi Diana

Thanks for the info! Hockenheim is a bit of a trek, especially if it gets as packed as you say! Luckily, we have some nice lakes around here, and we can cool if in those!

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: 17/07/2007 03:22:59 »
Diana & Karen - tomorrow will be better!

Carolyn - 103 ;D

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: 17/07/2007 05:11:26 »

KAREN W.
Start weight 351.5
Todays date 7-16-07
todays weight: 241.5
This weeks loss..-3lbs
pounds to goal..101 more..
Total loss 110.0

MONDAY  WEIGH IN!

Carolyn - 103 grin
Karen- 110

Total combined loss = 213 lbs
« Last Edit: 17/07/2007 05:14:15 by Karen W. »

Offline Mysteryfaire

• View Profile
« Reply #813 on: 17/07/2007 09:08:29 »
MONDAY  WEIGH IN!

Carolyn - 103 grin
Karen- 110
Diana- 0

Well, really did not know what to put in there. I will start next Monday with loss posting. Wow you guys are doing GREAT! I have been up and down so many times its crazy.

Stuart, you have lakes?!   :P LOL of course I would be scared to death most likely to get in because I don't swim very well. Yesterday it was 86 and today is completely different with rain and cool air. Mmmm feel just like at home as in (Texas: If you don't like the weather stay a few minutes, it will change  ;D)

Karen & Carolyn Ehhh it all worked out okay. We came home and I did some gardening (window kind) and transplanting plants that really need it. Paul finally got some of his email cleaned out, believe me it was a mess. I went to the gym this morning and did some time on the treadmill. I have an elliptical but I get bored and have to change or I will lose interest. I did some riding on my bike yesterday although I was sweating like a stuffed pig but hey that is good right? Well off to get some things done, it seems my cell is turned off cause we recently moved and they sent the bills to the old instead and now I have to go up to the Rhein Necker Zentrum (The Americans just call it the "mall")to get it fixed  [:(!]. Bye bye Karen, Carolyn, & Stuart, have a great day.

Offline dentstudent

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: 17/07/2007 09:24:51 »
Lakes, yes, but not bigguns! Titisee is teh biggest natural lake, and is perhaps 3 x 1 km. Schluchsee is a reservoir and is 10 x 1 km. It's used for energy generation.

Here's a view of my area from Google Earth.

If you're interested, there's a book by Mark Twain (A Tramp Abroad) which covers his travels along the Neckar, as well as other Germanic/Alpine regions. It's a very funny book, and has an appendix about "The awful German language". I would thoroughly recommend it!
« Last Edit: 17/07/2007 09:30:14 by dentstudent »

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: 17/07/2007 09:33:13 »
MONDAY  WEIGH IN!

Carolyn - 103 grin
Karen- 110
Diana- 0

Well, really did not know what to put in there. I will start next Monday with loss posting. Wow you guys are doing GREAT! I have been up and down so many times its crazy.

Stuart, you have lakes?!   :P LOL of course I would be scared to death most likely to get in because I don't swim very well. Yesterday it was 86 and today is completely different with rain and cool air. Mmmm feel just like at home as in (Texas: If you don't like the weather stay a few minutes, it will change  ;D)

Karen & Carolyn Ehhh it all worked out okay. We came home and I did some gardening (window kind) and transplanting plants that really need it. Paul finally got some of his email cleaned out, believe me it was a mess. I went to the gym this morning and did some time on the treadmill. I have an elliptical but I get bored and have to change or I will lose interest. I did some riding on my bike yesterday although I was sweating like a stuffed pig but hey that is good right? Well off to get some things done, it seems my cell is turned off cause we recently moved and they sent the bills to the old instead and now I have to go up to the Rhein Necker Zentrum (The Americans just call it the "mall")to get it fixed  [:(!]. Bye bye Karen, Carolyn, & Stuart, have a great day.

Sounds like you have done well! Nice to get some things done. I hope you get your phone fixed....

Well I have recently put on what was 10 lbs I was at 116 loss but the last few weeks have knocked me back up.. but I am buckling down again and got three off.. I think some may have been water from being ill. now it is more under control so maybe I can see the real weight again.. LOL.. I can't give up now.. I need to get rid of this weight!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: 17/07/2007 09:34:32 »
Lakes, yes, but not bigguns! Titisee is teh biggest natural lake, and is perhaps 3 x 1 km. Schluchsee is a reservoir and is 10 x 1 km. It's used for energy generation.

Here's a view of my area from Google Earth.

If you're interested, there's a book by Mark Twain (A Tramp Abroad) which covers his travels along the Neckar, as well as other Germanic/Alpine regions. It's a very funny book, and has an appendix about "The awful German language". I would thoroughly recommend it!

Nice view.. That sounds like a good book. Mark twain was a very interesting man!

Offline Mysteryfaire

• View Profile
« Reply #817 on: 18/07/2007 05:50:07 »
Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the information on the book. I however, have a difficult time keeping interest in books  :-\ . There have been a few books where I read the entire book and was pleased. If I can not get past the introduction or the first page of the first chapter I will lose interest fast  [8]. My mom can read a book a day or at the most three days, she is a true book reader. She has probably read a million books since I have been born. My oldest daughter, Savanna is a reader too. I will give it a try though upon your recommendations  :).

Hi Karen,
            Yes, I finally have my phone fixed YEAHHHH  :D but of course no one really calls me on it except for Paul sometimes. Wow Karen your weight loss is amazing! In February when I started back with SP I weighed in at 293 Lbs from being at 274 Lbs before Paul came home from the deployment. Then when we went back to the states for a month living in hotels and with family we mostly just ate out or had to eat what family was eating which at no fault of theirs was nothing like I ate. Well I put on quit a few pounds when I returned to Germany. In February I was so frustrated with myself I said "enough is enough!" and I went back to exercising and eating healthier. Today I am 277.5 which is a 15.5 loss. I went to the gym yesterday and did 30 on the treadmill. The gym has no air or FANS going during the day (No clue why  ???) so going there pretty much after the sun is up is a scorching effort so, it opens up at 05:30 and the soldiers don't get there until about 0600 and by that time I am done and I leave. This morning I missed it (I just did not go) so I will do some other form of cardio either on my bike or walking. I also have strength training I do three days a week. Oh boy, yesterday was a day. I put in over 12,000 steps. I wear a pedometer and count my steps. I read that an active person puts in 10,000 steps day on an average. I try to beat or meet the day before. Well I am off to do something besides sit here on the couch at the lap top.

Bye Everyone! Have a great day, Diana

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: 18/07/2007 06:27:41 »
Wow Diana I needed that motivation as I seem to be in a rut! I have been so up and down emotionally that my weight has suffered..I need to keep my nose down and just do it!. I am so glad for you that you are able to get so much excercise.. I wish I could to. I have been getting some walking in.. my activity decreased a lot after the mini stroke. So now I just have to stop being so scared of doing more..walking is really good for me so I need to do it. I am a bit nervous to walk in town.. or around here. So many strangers here lately. Any way Congratulations Diana you are doing fabulous!

It is cool you can use the gym. That is a benefit! I have eaten out since November and have gotten into bad habits again. So I have an oven again and need to get bake to using it like before!

BTW I love your Quote..It is very beautiful and sad.. Something that touches my heart.

who wrote it? Did you? Have a nice Day!

Carolyn you are also doing so well! When did you hit the 100 pound mark?

Offline dentstudent

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: 18/07/2007 07:43:42 »
Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the information on the book. I however, have a difficult time keeping interest in books  :-\ . There have been a few books where I read the entire book and was pleased. If I can not get past the introduction or the first page of the first chapter I will lose interest fast  [8]. My mom can read a book a day or at the most three days, she is a true book reader. She has probably read a million books since I have been born. My oldest daughter, Savanna is a reader too. I will give it a try though upon your recommendations  :).

Thanks! I don't think you'll be disappointed. I've PM'd you with part of the book - let me know how it goes!

Offline Mysteryfaire

• View Profile
« Reply #820 on: 18/07/2007 08:37:56 »
Yes, Karen that is one of my works that I wrote a few years back. Thank you for the compliment.

Stuart, that segment of Twain's book was fabulous, thank you and yes, I will see if I can find it at our library.
LOL I hope this is translated right Danke Stuart, Ihr ein hübscher ehrfürchtiger Kerl!
« Last Edit: 18/07/2007 08:42:01 by Mysteryfaire »

Offline Mysteryfaire

• View Profile
« Reply #821 on: 18/07/2007 08:47:16 »
OMG! I just translated it back into English and that was not what I wanted to say. There is that "he" and "her" thing that Twain talked about in the Tale of the Fishwife. So in English, you are a great guy, thanks.

Offline dentstudent

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: 18/07/2007 08:56:37 »
OMG! I just translated it back into English and that was not what I wanted to say. There is that "he" and "her" thing that Twain talked about in the Tale of the Fishwife. So in English, you are a great guy, thanks.
[^]

(It's ok! See my PM...)

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: 18/07/2007 18:50:44 »
Yes, Karen that is one of my works that I wrote a few years back. Thank you for the compliment.

Stuart, that segment of Twain's book was fabulous, thank you and yes, I will see if I can find it at our library.
LOL I hope this is translated right Danke Stuart, Ihr ein hübscher ehrfürchtiger Kerl!

Hi Diana, It is beautiful...May I ask is "Distinguish" a typo as in "to  stand out in a crowd," or did you mean "extinguish," as in "to put out a fire?" I am assuming with the rest of the lines you meant extinguish.. but I thought I would ask, because I want to make sure I understand the verse properly!.. It is lovely!

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: 18/07/2007 22:12:42 »
Wow Diana I needed that motivation as I seem to be in a rut! I have been so up and down emotionally that my weight has suffered..I need to keep my nose down and just do it!. I am so glad for you that you are able to get so much excercise.. I wish I could to. I have been getting some walking in.. my activity decreased a lot after the mini stroke. So now I just have to stop being so scared of doing more..walking is really good for me so I need to do it. I am a bit nervous to walk in town.. or around here. So many strangers here lately. Any way Congratulations Diana you are doing fabulous!

It is cool you can use the gym. That is a benefit! I have eaten out since November and have gotten into bad habits again. So I have an oven again and need to get bake to using it like before!

BTW I love your Quote..It is very beautiful and sad.. Something that touches my heart.

who wrote it? Did you? Have a nice Day!

Carolyn you are also doing so well! When did you hit the 100 pound mark?

Monday....finally! :)  Stayed at 85 lbs. for what seemed like an eternity then I finally started losing again.  Since that last plateau I've averaged about a pound a day.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #824 on: 18/07/2007 22:12:42 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums